Flower Power

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

calico

Registered Shopper
Has anyone ever used it and what do they think of it? Also, can you use it for foliar feeding too?
My poor plants are looking a bit battered from the recent freak storms we had recently and I wondered if this could be the answer:)

My OH has used it and swears by it !, and he has previously used miracle grow but says this is better !....cant help you with the "foliar feed" question as my OH has gone abroad for a few days.

My OH has used it and swears by it !, and he has previously used miracle grow but says this is better !....cant help you with the "foliar feed" question as my OH has gone abroad for a few days.

Thanks Scampdog - I was just wondering whether it was all hype. I like the idea of foliar feeding cos I can just decant it into a sprayer-thingy which is much easier.

OH has had some really good results using it !, our peonies are much bigger (and lots more of them) and we have a trough full of yellow violas that have been looking stunning for weeks and weeks and still look great, and the honeysuckle is just bursting with flowers !.

I love Flower Power! A combi of that and spray and grow completely rescued a very nearly dead bamboo plant a couple of years ago.

Has anyone ever used it and what do they think of it? Also, can you use it for foliar feeding too?
My poor plants are looking a bit battered from the recent freak storms we had recently and I wondered if this could be the answer:)

Excellent would definitely recommend it, plants look so much better!

My OH swears by it too. We moved into a new house with no garden last year and now thanks to QVC plants and Flower Power our garden looks amazing. We planted five roses about 3 weeks ago - just bare roots and they are sprouting like mad.

I have a few friends who just love it. And it seems to be really working for them

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I am trying Flower Power and Spray N Grow for the first time this year,

My plants do seem to be in very good health, then again the weather has been so much better this year.

The product I have also tried this year and really like is Wet N Gro. It really seems to work and definitely stops the water draining through pots and straight onto the ground or worse onto laminate floors.

I was convinced Richard Jackson announced in the 6-7 PM show yesterday that there was going to be a Flower Power TSV today. Instead it was some Geraniums. Either a mistake or something coming soon when QVC has run out of plants to flog us!

Stuart

I love Flower Power! A combi of that and spray and grow completely rescued a very nearly dead bamboo plant a couple of years ago.

You are going to regret saving that Bamboo when it starts taking over. I hope you have it in a pot or a very large garden!

I learnt the hard way. I have bamboo shoots constantly popping up in my lawn. I also spent the best part of two full days recently first cutting down a patch of bamboo and then digging out as many runners and roots as possible. The patch was less than 5 ft by 5 ft

Bamboo is sneaky stuff. My plants were in pots not doing much. I stuck them in the ground 3-4 years ago to hide a pond filter. They were pretty and small for several years. Then bam. They took over.

On the other side of the garden a single strand of root I threw on the ground a few years back has turned into several hundred 6 foot tall stems and is even growing in the neighbours garden. Weedkiller just bounces off. So more digging ahead at some point in the future

Stuart

I am trying Flower Power and Spray N Grow for the first time this year,

My plants do seem to be in very good health, then again the weather has been so much better this year.

The product I have also tried this year and really like is Wet N Gro. It really seems to work and definitely stops the water draining through pots and straight onto the ground or worse onto laminate floors.

I was convinced Richard Jackson announced in the 6-7 PM show yesterday that there was going to be a Flower Power TSV today. Instead it was some Geraniums. Either a mistake or something coming soon when QVC has run out of plants to flog us!
Stuart

They have been advertising it as Geranium tsv for several days in between programmes so it was going to plants at least for a few days - assume he must have got it wrong last night.

You are going to regret saving that Bamboo when it starts taking over. I hope you have it in a pot or a very large garden!

I learnt the hard way. I have bamboo shoots constantly popping up in my lawn. I also spent the best part of two full days recently first cutting down a patch of bamboo and then digging out as many runners and roots as possible. The patch was less than 5 ft by 5 ft

Bamboo is sneaky stuff. My plants were in pots not doing much. I stuck them in the ground 3-4 years ago to hide a pond filter. They were pretty and small for several years. Then bam. They took over.

On the other side of the garden a single strand of root I threw on the ground a few years back has turned into several hundred 6 foot tall stems and is even growing in the neighbours garden. Weedkiller just bounces off. So more digging ahead at some point in the future

Stuart

Ah you've put me off now. I'm forever debating the black bamboo that's often in the gardening show but if it's going to take over my garden eventually, I think I'll give it a miss so thank you for flagging that up!

Ah you've put me off now. I'm forever debating the black bamboo that's often in the gardening show but if it's going to take over my garden eventually, I think I'll give it a miss so thank you for flagging that up!
We have the black bamboo !, it does produce some runners, but it does look good.As yet it has not taken over and its been in over 7years now....OH has lopped the top off this year as it got very tall (over 10 foot), it looks really good swaying about in the wind

My big clump of bamboo died on me and I don't know why! One minute it was lush and gorgeous and now it's brown and shrivelled. I wish some more would pop up on my lawn!

Don't let me put you off completely. Bamboo is after all very very pretty. The black stemmed varieties also tend to be slower growing.

One option is to plant bamboo into a very large pot which you then sink in the ground. The running roots tend to be quite shallow. Most of the roots I dug up were less than 1 foot down in the soil

I have also heard of people planting bamboo in old Belfast style sinks which they then sink into the ground

Just make sure you check the pot every year for breakage.

Stuart.

We have the black bamboo !, it does produce some runners, but it does look good.As yet it has not taken over and its been in over 7years now....OH has lopped the top off this year as it got very tall (over 10 foot), it looks really good swaying about in the wind

Yours has been okay then? I was thinking it would be a nice natural barrier as opposed to a fence but I only want it to grow where I want it to - I don't want it to take off in leaps and bounds like the revenge of the triffids......

My big clump of bamboo died on me and I don't know why! One minute it was lush and gorgeous and now it's brown and shrivelled. I wish some more would pop up on my lawn!

Trust me you don't.

Once cut with the lawnmower you end up with very thin hidden pointy shafts like hypodermic needles

It's a real pain as I love wandering around bare foot in the garden

Stuart

Yours has been okay then? I was thinking it would be a nice natural barrier as opposed to a fence but I only want it to grow where I want it to - I don't want it to take off in leaps and bounds like the revenge of the triffids......

Yes ours has been fine !...my friend was abit unsure of hers spreading so to avoid this, our two OH's dug a big hole and lined it with paving slabs then planted her bamboo in it, it cant "get out" and looks more natural than in a pot !.

Latest posts

Back