Fizbag Foldaway Bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Saw these on the 5 o'clock show and thought they might make useful little gifts. Anyone bought in the past and like to comment?

Think I'll buy elsewhere though after just doing a search..........:wink:

I was really tempted by these as I like to use reuseable bags but find them so large and awkward in my small handbag.I decided against as I do most of my shopping online and although they weren't loads of money - the times i forget my reusables and have to pay for my bags is mainly in m&s and all those 5ps will take ages to add up to about the £11 QVC wanted :up:

I bought a very similar bag from a local shop for £1 in bright pink it was great --for a while-- then the stitching started coming undone on the handle so I need to get my needle and thread out. It is very handy though as it takes up so little room in the pouch an with the clip I suppose if you wanted you could clip it to your bag, I just shove it in my handbag being bright pink its very easy to find.

Including postage QVC are asking £12 for 3 so my £1 one looks like a real bargain!!

I have 2 fizbags bought elsewhere. I was going to give one as a present but didnt as i loved them so much. They are very handy, good size (roughly carrier bag sized) and strong. Also the patterns are great and so much more stylish than a carrier bag. I plan to buy a fee online (probaby not qvc) for presents for christmas. Look on the fizbad website for lots of great patterns.

Cant remember how much I paid for them but probably in region of £4.

Thanks for your comments. I have no intention of paying QVC's price (even the EarlyBird one) and have already checked availability on eBay and also Amazon. Might 'road-test' one myself before I consider handing over any as gifts.

I bought my Fizbags in a Pound Shop as soon as it was announced that here in Wales, we'll be paying 7p per plastic carrier bag within a few months.

I'd never heard of the brand back then, I just wanted lots of tiny, cheap foldaway bags to leave in the pockets of handbags and coats.
They're really good, surprisingly strong, very light and hold lots.

If there's a choice of handles [I didn't see the QVC hour] I'd suggest going for the shoulder strap bags rather than the carrier bag type handles. They're much more comfortable to use.

Last edited:
If there's a choice of handles [I didn't see the QVC hour] I'd suggest going for the shoulder strap bags rather than the carrier bag type handles. They're much more comfortable to use.

Thanks for the advice. Are the shoulder straps very long though only I don't like carrying heavy shopping over my shoulder but I obviously don't want the bag dragging on the floor once full of goodies?!

I like the Onya bags best - they're strong and long lasting (ie I lost mine before it wore out - need to get another one I think!) I've also got a fold away Kipling which is great quality but is rather too bulky when folded away.

Don't pay QVC prices and P&P - I got mine from another website, where if you buy more than five, it's free P&P.

They are great bags, very roomy, and fold up really small.

Thanks for the advice. Are the shoulder straps very long though only I don't like carrying heavy shopping over my shoulder but I obviously don't want the bag dragging on the floor once full of goodies?!

Know what you mean - standing at five foot nothing in my stockinged feet I have the same trouble with shoulder bags dragging the floor and tripping me up. :dull:

The Fizbag straps are broad enough to sit on your shoulder without digging in or falling off, and the weight of the bag, when it's full, falls just below my hip.
I can carry a ton of fruit and veg back from the shop in them quite easily.

That help? :happy:

I've just found the Fizbags on www.mymemory.com. A twin pack is £4.98 including p & p. I got a few for stocking fillers as they get good reviews.

Thanks for the link, I have bought some too. I always forget to take my carrier bags and these Fizbags are small enough to attach to my handbag to ensure I always have access to one.

Might include some as stocking fillers too. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back