Fitbit Alta TSV 05/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I exercise three times a week, the only piece of equipment that will get me off the couch at any other time is a mechanical digger.

It annoyed me that less than a week ago, Abbie was on Q flogging the Garmin version of the Fitbit, and according to her, that was the best thing since sliced bread, until this TSV came around of course.

If you're gonna be selling items that are very similar, at least have two different guests to show the product. After listening to her spiel about them both, I ended up not buying either one.

they are far too expensive to be inaccurate, i remember a website where you could track your food intake it was so off the mark daft

It annoyed me that less than a week ago, Abbie was on Q flogging the Garmin version of the Fitbit, and according to her, that was the best thing since sliced bread, until this TSV came around of course.

If you're gonna be selling items that are very similar, at least have two different guests to show the product. After listening to her spiel about them both, I ended up not buying either one.

I saw the Garmin presentation too. She was praising it because it had a watch battery so didn't need recharging like other trackers but funnily enough she didn't mention that yesterday. I agree that having different presenters for the products would have been a good idea.

During the Fitbit presentation she claimed that 3 flights of steps equalled a glass of wine which is absolute rubbish.

They tested various makes of these gadgets in a recent consumer programme, they were all very inaccurate
My Fitbit ultra is pretty accurate when I check the route online against what the Fitbit has measured. Perhaps my stride setup is accurate. Anyway when I am just looking at strides and try to do a certain amount as long as it is recording the same amount everyday then I am comparing like with like.
Mine is just over 3 years old and still working. I charge it on a Monday as they email me the weeks results on a tuesday

They tested various makes of these gadgets in a recent consumer programme, they were all very inaccurate
Mine is accurate enough. It does measure arm swing though, so it's possible to accrue a lot of steps if doing housework, for instance.
In terms of measuring distance walked, my husband uses an app on his phone and we compared notes after doing a walk together and I was happy with my Fitbit's analysis of it.

Mr M you are a glutton for punishment watching the awful Abby twice in one week. You either deserve a medal or to be certified! :mysmilie_11:

I've got a FitBit Zip which I think is the simplest and cheapest model. It does everything I need it to do and I love it. I find it very motivating to increase my walking distances, exercise etc without having to count.

I'm not into smart technology, and have an omron pedometer (very good, by the way). I wonder if it's easy to use this kind of device without a bluetooth connection of some sort?

We're doing a walking challenge at present... entering the final few days of a 2 month challenge. I'm just trying to get to a personal 1 million steps for the challenge... not any easy thing to do.

Latest posts

Back