Fiona's "popcorn" effect

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

srhgts

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have the first idea what Fiona from Decleor is prattling on about with this popcorn effect business? She wheels that phrase out every time she appears and has never once explained what it means. Why would anyone want their skin or skincare products to resemble popcorn, ie explode? Wtf? It's really starting to annoy me, can anyone elucidate?

She's like the rest of these so called 'beauty experts' using meaningless words and phrases to make themselves look knowledgeable when in fact most of it is a load of old rubbish IMO. Trouble is people believe all the crap they spout out and spend a fortune on these mostly useless products. Nivea Cream and soap for me.

I've no idea what it means, but no doubt it's 'renowned in the industry' as is everything Fiona sells.

Cannot stand her. Horrible, horrible woman who speaks to her staff like something she's just stepped in.
She deserves an Oscar for the act she puts on at Q. Meryl Streep has got nothing on her.

I've always understood popcorn effect to mean that the lines and wrinkles fill out so the skin looks smoothed and plumper. But I agree it is a ridiculous expression to use unless it's properly explained. Where it's also naughty, is that it is vague about how much of the effect is purely cosmetic, and how much is a more longer lasting effect.

I want to know what she's hiding behind that fringe, it's always so long it's in her eyes so is she just covering up a very wrinkly forehead?

I've no idea what it means, but no doubt it's 'renowned in the industry' as is everything Fiona sells.

Cannot stand her. Horrible, horrible woman who speaks to her staff like something she's just stepped in.
She deserves an Oscar for the act she puts on at Q. Meryl Streep has got nothing on her.

Oh no pleased don't spoil it for me I always thought she seemed so nice one of the only ones too. It's like when I heard Bruce Forsyth is 'not very friendly'. I was gutted as he's always been one of my favourites on the telly.

Not too keen on Fiona or her waffle but I do like Decleor. I really think it has made a big difference to my extremely dry skin, although Judith Williams is slowly becoming my brand of choice - half the price and good results.

CC

I also read that she wasn't too pleasant to staff, and that no-one else gets a look in to represent the brand on Q only Fiona. I recall when she first started and had the most awful greasy hair that was always pulled back into a bun, and I thought for a beauty consultant with no make up on, she wasn't a good advert for her brand.

Dreamboats and Petticoats and now its ......... Popcorn and Peptides !!!!!

Oh no pleased don't spoil it for me I always thought she seemed so nice one of the only ones too. It's like when I heard Bruce Forsyth is 'not very friendly'. I was gutted as he's always been one of my favourites on the telly.

You can add Cilla Black, and Lorraine Kelly to your list too.

lorraine kelly she SEEMS so down to earth. its funny celebrity can really make some people quite awful

You can add Cilla Black, and Lorraine Kelly to your list too.

I had heard about Cilla and the airline forum and although she was a childhood favourite, I have found memories of watching 'The Cilla Black show' with my gran, I'm not entirely surprised as she does come across as a bit of a diva, however Lorraine Kelly I'd not heard anything negative about her and am surprised!

I also read that she wasn't too pleasant to staff, and that no-one else gets a look in to represent the brand on Q only Fiona. I recall when she first started and had the most awful greasy hair that was always pulled back into a bun, and I thought for a beauty consultant with no make up on, she wasn't a good advert for her brand.

Dreamboats and Petticoats and now its ......... Popcorn and Peptides !!!!!

Occasionally she used to let Laura Kelly loose on QVC - I liked Laura better...

Occasionally she used to let Laura Kelly loose on QVC - I liked Laura better...

Laura used to be on fairly regularly but she then left the company.

I have met Fiona a few times (not at QVC events before anyone asks) and she is really very nice!

I had heard about Cilla and the airline forum and although she was a childhood favourite, I have found memories of watching 'The Cilla Black show' with my gran, I'm not entirely surprised as she does come across as a bit of a diva, however Lorraine Kelly I'd not heard anything negative about her and am surprised!

LK is the epitome of the perpetual grinning face at the camera, but rules with an iron fist behind the scenes. Goes through quite a few producers apparently, and there was a big kick-off a few years ago which I think (though can't swear) with Richard & Judy. So these nicey nicey tv people are just like the rest of us, cunning and conniving ! and I do so hate the "down to earth" cliché - why shouldn't they be ? its only the media and a few selfie obsessed fans who make them believe they're something special. After all, they have to use the bathroom the same as us !

Latest posts

Back