Festive Food TSV 05/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

no ta,
and the name Exmoor Style gives the impression it's synthetic!!

I agree. What does Exmoor Style actually mean? As far as I can tell, this meat isn’t even organic, is it?

This selection is very expensive too. If you average out the overall cost of the pack it’s just under £13 per item, which is fine for the beef joint, quite expensive for the turkey breast and pork joint (bearing in mind you’re only getting just over a kilo of meat of each) and downright extortionate for 454gms/500gms, chipolatas/sausage meat and 250gms of streaky bacon.

I’m not a big meat eater but this also looks insipid and unappealing to me too. I’ll stick to Waitrose, where I can see what I’m getting and choose what I want :tongue2:

Just switched on at lunchtime and was surprised at the TSV. Not organic and it's frozen??????? Seems pricey for what you're getting sight unsEen so to speak. My local butcher will be getting my order as per usual. X

I can understand how this might be of interest to housebound people but not to people who have access to supermarkets and butchers.
I shall be buying my supplies from M&S as usual.

Buccleuch foods

Has everyone on this board got a short memory?!!

The little (fat) man peddling this meat is notorious.

He started on Ideal World, then switched to QVC selling genuine "Buccleuch" quality meat.

I can't find a suitable link, but there were many threads at the time.

This was meat that was sold to the best restaurants in the land, allegedley.

Their current website is here:

http://www.buccleuchfoods.com/

He now appears selling "Exmoor Style" meat.

Would you buy from someone who used to work for a major corporation (cough) who now turns up in a dodgy little white van at the bottom of your street?!!

:sad:

Last edited:
Has everyone on this board got a short memory?!!

The little (fat) man peddling this meat is notorious.

He started on Ideal World, then switched to QVC selling genuine "Buccleuch" quality meat.

I can't find a suitable link, but there were many threads at the time.

This was meat that was sold to the best restaurants in the land, allegedley.

Their current website is here:

http://www.buccleuchfoods.com/

He now appears selling "Exmoor Style" meat.

Would you buy from someone who used to work for a major corporation (cough) who now turns up in a dodgy little white van at the bottom of your street?!!

:sad:

I thought he looked familiar.. Its far too expensive.. Obviously not for Simon though, encouraging people to maybe buy 2 sets! :happy:
ps.. Exmoor Style sounds like a clothing store..

I thought he looked familiar.. Its far too expensive.. Obviously not for Simon though, encouraging people to maybe buy 2 sets! :happy:
ps.. Exmoor Style sounds like a clothing store..

Got to give the man credit for actually getting a word in, when Simon is presenting!

It seems very expensive to me and not from the Buccleuch estate either. My brother has contacts on the estate on the fishing/game shooting side and about the time that B estate meat disappeared from QVC he told me that the new Duke had ordered a review of every enterprise on the estate and was changing a lot of things. He did say the meat was excellent, never had any myself though. I did wonder if QVC was not quite the Duke's cup of tea. Anyway Andrew turned up after a while flogging Exmoor meat in a similar fashion to before, maybe the Duke didn't take to Andrew either.

Pippa has just said she always has Exmoor meat in her freezer.

Simon said he had steak in a resturant at the weekend that was £30 a portion and he's had a quote for his oven cleaned of £100.

Debbie's ordering a set for Christmas and will more than likely try another order before hand.

Looks like the presenters don't struggle feeding their families and think the rest of Britain are the same.

I liked the sentiment of Andrew supporting British farmers as he feels they are given a bad deal from the supermarkets.
Though I didn't hear the same supporting comments for british butchers. :sad:

Where from?!!

Previously the brag by the man selling this meat was that he knew where all the meat came from.

The importance of this fact was always stressed. You should always know where your meat comes from, and they could track it back to each individual cow etc.....

Just watching now, they seem to avoid mentioning anything about this fact. It's from Exmoor, that's it!

I wonder if it's even organic, as no reference has been made?

:thinking2:

Previously the brag by the man selling this meat was that he knew where all the meat came from.

The importance of this fact was always stressed. You should always know where your meat comes from, and they could track it back to each individual cow etc.....

Just watching now, they seem to avoid mentioning anything about this fact. It's from Exmoor, that's it!

I wonder if it's even organic, as no reference has been made?

:thinking2:

Sounds like QVC Legal Department have stopped him making statements that won't stand up to being completely true!:sweat:

I wouldn't buy as it is far too expensive and i'm sure the meat that arrived would not look anything as good as the joints they are showing on screen.

I found it interesting yesterday morning on the 9am breakfast show when debbie was presenting and had a telephone caller... it was a qvc customer that had been sent a tsv parcel last week as part of a customer panel... the customer was praising the meat etc - but then debbie asked her how the packaging had been and the lady said her's had been sent as fresh meat rather than frozen as described for yesterday's tsv... I don't know about the rest of you but i tend to find meat is not as good once frozen and defrosted as fresh from the butcher... i bet the meat they were cooking in the studio was a fresh pack as well...

I can understand how this might be of interest to housebound people but not to people who have access to supermarkets and butchers.
I shall be buying my supplies from M&S as usual.

but you can now order your food from supermarkets on the internet, so still no need to buy this, especially as you can always ring your local TESCO?ASDA?Sainsburys? Waitrose and complain over the quality of what you have been delievered and they will replace straight away.
I really do not get the buying food from QVC at all

Pippa has just said she always has Exmoor meat in her freezer.

Simon said he had steak in a resturant at the weekend that was £30 a portion and he's had a quote for his oven cleaned of £100.

Debbie's ordering a set for Christmas and will more than likely try another order before hand.

Looks like the presenters don't struggle feeding their families and think the rest of Britain are the same.

I liked the sentiment of Andrew supporting British farmers as he feels they are given a bad deal from the supermarkets.
Though I didn't hear the same supporting comments for british butchers. :sad:

Am I to assume that he can not clean his own oven? What on earth has he done with it? Did the meat explode in it?:tongue2: Does even his cleaner refuse to clean the oven????????

and as for supporting local butchers, really good point made ther bags!

Very disappointed with this.

My mum was hoping for a chocolate selection or biscuits or something along those lines.
With her being housebound it would have been just right for her to get them and put them away as a surprise for members of the family. But not meat though.

Latest posts

Back