Fashion sense?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw this this morning and I am really wondering what is wrong with me:
I would NEVER go out like this! Is this really the epitomy of fashion???

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.136581/walk.html.|metadrill,html

:thinking2:
maybe I need to go on a course?

It's THEM who need to go on a course my love, not you! QVC aren't usually as bad as this, but IW are shockers and I think they'd sell a lot more clothes if they showed them worn with appropriate footwear/separates etc. Think the jeans are a bit garish for my liking, however, with a pair of flatties eg flip flops and a summer top, they'd look quite sweet I think!
The amount of times IW team up gyspy skirts with woolly jumpers and clod hoppers, or summer trousers with stilletto heeled shoes is nobody's business!
I think the lot of them need to go on some kind of training course 'cause quite honestly with the carp they've got on offer, they need all the help they can get!!!

I saw them on the 'Hot Picks' page and had my first laugh of the day. :D Unbelievably vile, especially with those killer heels. I love my cropped trousers in the Summer but with Birkis, flip flops or other flatties. Star, Merryone and Pick-a-Lily, you are not alone.

I have never understood QVC's obsession with 'the cropped trouser' :taphead:

Because cropped trousers are very poplar in the summer. They're everywhere else on the high street so why shouldn't QVC sell them.

Horrendous! Cropped trousers, like elasticated waistbands, will always be a staple of shopping telly no matter what the prevailing fashion is - it is one way of minimising returns on the basis that the length is wrong :talking:

Horrendous! Cropped trousers, like elasticated waistbands, will always be a staple of shopping telly no matter what the prevailing fashion is - it is one way of minimising returns on the basis that the length is wrong :talking:

Now, that's an interesting point. I suppose that's why they sell so much stretchy stuff and kaftans.

My eyes! My beautiful eyes!!

What kind of abhorance (sp?!) are these? And with heels? Surely they should be teamed with some sort of 'little' shoe and a 'little' cardi to make them on trend and fashion forward etc etc. Even Glenn couldn't flog these with a straight face surely?!

:15:

qvc do not pander to the needs of the very smart or uber fashinable and that is cos they dont have to.
they sell mainly but not soley to people who have mobility problems or people that like this kind of stuff and they sell millions of pounds worth or they would not air the quacker fashion,kim and co and other such stuff that to be frank would not sell on the high street or your local wag boutique.
glen cambell was honest he actually said that qvc have a core fashion customer that to be honest dont want fashion.

Why oh why would anybody team denim cropped trews (hideous ones at that) with black stilettos? There probably are peeps who dress like that, but surely they're in the minority. It may have been just about passable if the model had been wearing flatties, and a nice top, but that pic would have anybody with an iota fashion sense running for the hills.

Good God they're hideous. The high waistband and the floral motif are bad enough but the heels teamed with them are just the icing on the cake.

I do like cropped combats with Birkenstocks in the summer but cropped jeans like that are just a big no no for me.

If you happen (like me) to have a waist at least a size smaller than your hips, believe you me at least a little elastication is the only way to go - unless you can afford to go bespoke!

I personally never ever wear high heels with trousers. That look is a bit trailer trash now anyway - a bit like associating white stilletoes with Essex girls (sorry anyone from Essex) but thats how it is. I have always tended to favour the Audrey Hepburn way of wearing, -- pumps with straight legged trousers or jeans that are just shy of ankle length - a far more elegant look.

qvc do not pander to the needs of the very smart or uber fashinable and that is cos they dont have to.
they sell mainly but not soley to people who have mobility problems or people that like this kind of stuff and they sell millions of pounds worth or they would not air the quacker fashion,kim and co and other such stuff that to be frank would not sell on the high street or your local wag boutique.
glen cambell was honest he actually said that qvc have a core fashion customer that to be honest dont want fashion.

I think I would have mobility problems if I was tottering along in those stilletoes! Not that I wear women's shoes of course, ahem! :blush:

Latest posts

Back