Fashion Expert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well if he has gone I can think of no better replacement than Genevieve. She knows her stuff and is entertaining - and she's never to my knowledge had a little pump on her city shorts...

Won't we get sick of hearing "really really lovely" though?

I will!!!
I do like her she makes sense in what she says and seems to know what she is talking about but that habit really gets on my nerves

As much as laughable Glen has no cred whatsoever I'm going off Genevieve cos as you say everything is 'really lovely', my goldfish could go on there and say the same thing about every item it's hardly taxing is it.

As much as laughable Glen has no cred whatsoever I'm going off Genevieve cos as you say everything is 'really lovely', my goldfish could go on there and say the same thing about every item it's hardly taxing is it.

Yes we need some more creative fibbing. We all know that much of the QVC "fashion" is carp, so as there are no genuine nice things to say we need a wide variety of porkies.

i don't think we actually need anyone to tell us how to 'wear' items...we need someone to tell us the sizes, the fabric composition, feel and care instructions (crucial info that is often neglected)

i don't think we actually need anyone to tell us how to 'wear' items...we need someone to tell us the sizes, the fabric composition, feel and care instructions (crucial info that is often neglected)

The sizes are very hit and miss but I think they seem to cater quite well for the 12XL ladies so don't worry.............:wink:

Wonder if Genevieve has taken over from Glen Campbell?

I do hope not, I have never seen Genevieve look anything other than drab, I would much prefer to look at and listen to Glen. Still I spose each to their own.:grin:

Do we really need anybody? One instant look at the garment and we know if we are interested or not, irrespective of the blab. AK gabs for England, so no one can get a word in edgeways anyway. JR knows it all "to be honest with you", CH and JF think everything is amazing, CB slows the proceedings down to snooze mode that any "on trend", heaven forbid, item will be out of "fashion" anyway by the time he has finished. AD ditto CB. PG and CS can profess till they are blue in the face that the items are fab, we don't believe them. KT and DG don't want to upset anybody. DF "for larger ladies out there", she wear clothes far too small for her anyway. QVC, leave the hard sell to us, the expert shoppers, we know what we want, you don't give it, but you just might have a gem or two, so let us decide.

Last edited:
i dont think she is that good either but she has more to say than Glen. But it would be sad if Glen lost his job. He is a nice man and I would hate anyone to be made redundant at the moment. She is certainly not Glok or whatever his name is. Very repetitive imho.

I do hope not, I have never seen Genevieve look anything other than drab, I would much prefer to look at and listen to Glen. Still I spose each to their own.:grin:

She looks drab because she bedecked in qvc specials. I think she's a big improvement on Glen though, although too much of her will become annoying. Must agree with Mrs James that more info on sizing would be good. The chest sizes are too random and we should be told what they equate to in high street sizes.

I'm not sad to see the back of GC, he was a waste of space. In fact, IMHO they don't need any of these over paid wafflers. All they need is ONE model and someone giving an ACURATE discription, and sizes. Then, they shouldn't need to charge quite so much for their tat and P&P costs.

I think Genevieve is much better than Glen. I have never been a fan of Glen and he was in no way as informative as Genevieve. She gives great advice and wears the QVC fashion with style.

i dont think she is that good either but she has more to say than Glen. But it would be sad if Glen lost his job. He is a nice man and I would hate anyone to be made redundant at the moment. She is certainly not Glok or whatever his name is. Very repetitive imho.

They don't want a Gok though. QVC just want to convince us that everything they sell suits everyone which is rubbish. Gok tells the truth and picks out things that suit the person he's "doing".

I remember when they were talking about pale neutrals being the next big thing, a presenter said that some people feel these colours don't suit them and G.C. said just change your make-up a bit. Rubbish, I know I look like death in those colours.

I'm sure G.C isn't on the breadline as on a recent Centipede show he presented a coat and said that if his wife came home with it and said she paid £500 (ballpark figure I cannot remember the exact amount) he wouldn't be surprised. I'm not loaded, though probably comfortable compared to some people, but that kind of money for a coat is way out of my league!

He was "contracted" by the Q therefore cannot loose his job- if he doesnt perform his contract isnt renewed perhaps they've finally seen the light, this man constantly slags their fashion off when he's in the company of friends, he just ought to careful exactly who he classes as his friends, he's a small fish and qvc are a great big pond

They don't want a Gok though. QVC just want to convince us that everything they sell suits everyone which is rubbish. Gok tells the truth and picks out things that suit the person he's "doing".

Exactly - and that's where it all falls down. It's not as if QVC does ranges for different sizes of women where a fashion "expert" could pick and choose what would suit different women; they want to flog as much of their tat to as many women (no matter what size, shape or colour) as possible.

If they got an actual expert like Gok on, he'd tear the ranges to shreds: can you imagine him with Kim & Co or Michele Hope?

Though I'd LOVE to see what he made of Dreamweaver and Quacker! :devil:

Latest posts

Back