Excuses Excuses!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Oh Chloe ...have you never heard of high lighter pens ...your cards might be full of information that is difficult to decipher on air but you can do some prep before a show, there is no excuse.... Its not rocket science!!

Oh Chloe ...have you never heard of high lighter pens ...your cards might be full of information that is difficult to decipher on air but you can do some prep before a show, there is no excuse.... Its not rocket science!!

I don't tend to watch Chloe, but wanted to see if I could grab a bargain. I haven't watched her for a while because of her incessant use of, incredible, well there you go, um and indeed amongst others, but just watched now and was really surprised how still after two years at QVC she's still totally unprofessional, I cringe for her cos you can tell she's uncomfortable and struggling, she's not a natural at all and you can tell she finds it difficult working on her own, that's just my opinion.

I was disappointed this morning -and a little embarrassed - watching a small part of a Jewellery Outlet I could hardly believe that Marverine did not appear to have a clue about how to fasten a Lola Rose friendship bracelet with a chinese knot. It seemed as if she had never fastened one before.

I often wonder where they dig these people up from - ok they have either agents/agencies to call upon, but dear Lord if this lot are the best they can get ...... a case of being asked at school what they want to do, and answering "being on the tele and famous " !!!!

Preparation, preparation, preparation. 1 word (3 times) which is foreign to most of the Q presenters. There are times I can scream at the TV the products details they don't know. Now this could be because I have watched too much Q in the past, but methinks that it due to the plonkers presenting the show.
Less time twatting and more time preparing should become their mantra (I would make them recite them over and over like the old times tables).

Just ask yourself, would you still have your job if you few so little about what you are doing every bleeding day.

I have a personal bugbear about people who don't, or can't be bothered, to do their job to the best of their ability. I worked for someone who found fault every day - undeserved - and it hurt because I was good at my job. I'll tell you this, I would sure as hell make sure I knew how to fasten up a Lola Rose bracelet before I mucked it up on air. It's all in the detail.

For crying out loud, fastening a Lola Rose bracelet isn't exactly rocket science. Which part of it did she not understand?

I heard Marverine say that the Honora pearls were the top 1% - I am sure Ralph says 3%.

They really must have just about the easiest job on the planet judging by this sort of thing. Massive wages, loads of freebies, viewers fawning over them and no need to put any actual effort in; swan in having done no work, preparation or research, cock everything up as a result and seemingly there are no consequences at all.
God, in the dark days I worked in retail I was terrorised about standards of behaviour, product knowledge and the like. I'm not suggesting staff shouldn't have standards to adhere to (obviously) but the company were so ridiculously over the the top strict that we were all constantly terrified of breathing the wrong way or smiling at the wrong angle or something. The staff turnover was ridiculously high as it was so stressful, morale was incredibly low and loads of people ended up with anxiety problems as a direct result. It's selling stuff in a ****** shop, not worth losing your mental health over... Several years later I frequently have nightmares about being back there. Anyway... it's pretty damn galling to have had that kind of experience, for utterly **** wages I might add, and then watch the Q presenters be rewarded for being totally inept and clueless.

Chloe said the other day they do their own makeup on Q.

OMG ! NEVER ! I wouldn't have guessed. You mean they don't have daily bowls of acacia fruit, fresh flowers (no carnations), white furniture only and fluffy bunnies in their dressing rooms ????

(hmmmm.... no, just free samples of kipling, B & W, every cosmetic and beauty product known to man, faux flaaaaars, KH bedding, Yankee candles zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Life ain't that bad for 'em is it.

I'm afraid that, for me, Marverine has dropped neatly into the JF camp: clueless and annoying.

Did anyone else hear her comment on QVC's status as third most trusted UK brand? (I'll paraphrase, as my memory seems to have gone on holiday.)

"Behind only John Lewis and First Direct - and they have STORES!"

Gawd 'elp us.

I think chloe is good fun and find it interesting that she is seen as unprofessional, however all the others that are professional would be slagged off for seeming too fake or polished etc

they can't win either way really.

I think chloe is good fun and find it interesting that she is seen as unprofessional, however all the others that are professional would be slagged off for seeming too fake or polished etc

they can't win either way really.

Yes they really can win by being professional, that works for me because as with any job, if you're not up to scratch you get the boot.................unless you're a QVC employee of course.

OMG ! NEVER ! I wouldn't have guessed. You mean they don't have daily bowls of acacia fruit, fresh flowers (no carnations), white furniture only and fluffy bunnies in their dressing rooms ????

(hmmmm.... no, just free samples of kipling, B & W, every cosmetic and beauty product known to man, faux flaaaaars, KH bedding, Yankee candles zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Life ain't that bad for 'em is it.

You forgot that DF demands a new box of kittens in her dressing room before every show. Eventually, she'll start bringing them onto her shows, threatening to kill them live on air unless you 'buy two of them right now'.

Latest posts

Back