Ernest Borgnine has died

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

More of his life story here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ove-life-actor-counted-movie-stars-wives.html

However the picture they say is of Tova ( below the recognisable one) barely looks like her, if it is her ( DM often gets names wrong). I love what he says about Tova:

His bride this time was Norwegian-born Las Vegas beauty salon owner Tova Traesnaes, 24 years his junior and they were to enjoy 38 years of happiness together. ‘It has lasted longer than all my marriages put together,’ he was joking not so long ago.
‘Each of my previous wives - even those who were not actresses - put on dark glasses and became more of a star than I was. American women have a great tendency to become the trouser-wearers of the family. But Tova is modest and gentle.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-counted-movie-stars-wives.html#ixzz20FPjS6Rr

Hugs to Tova. I don't think she will ever be the same lady on QVC ever again
A light has surely gone out in her heart.
Maybe she will release a scent in Memory of her husband, just called 'Borgnine' for him, and Borgnine for her

I thought Tova's next visit was said to be in August, unsure but thought it was for a TSV.

However the picture they say is of Tova ( below the recognisable one) barely looks like her, if it is her ( DM often gets names wrong).
It is her but it's just an awkward picture, almost like a waxwork - Ernie also looks a bit odd in it.

Exactly what I mean ! On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea who most of the so called 'stars' are on the tele these days. I must be the only one who has never watched The Voice, X Factor, BGT and the one from Essex, and the rest of the banal programmes they call entertainment.

Ernie was an Actor and Tova is Glamour, the passing of an era.

Brissles you're not the only one!! I haven't watched tv for about 5 years. I make very limited use of my sky box for documentaries and reruns of Dallas :eek: and aside from that we watch dvds or people we follow on You Tube (and less and less I watch Q) I catch glimpses on the online newspapers of these random people (Kardashian, towie, childs) and have no idea or inclination to find out who they are!! The last 'reality' show I saw was Katie Price and Peter Andre in the jungle, and only put up with about 3 episodes of that!! That must be 7 years ago now?? People in work mention names and I'm clueless. They think I'm odd, but I prefer to fill my mind with more useful/intellectual stuff, haha!! :cool:

I agree about Tova and Ernie too. Hate the use of the word 'celebrity'. These weren't, they're proper old school Hollywood glamour - which I love.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Poor Tova. I have no doubt that she was very dedicated to Ernest, and he was to her. I hope Ernest rests in peace and that Tova has the strength and support to come to terms with such an awful thing. Ernest may have been in advanced years but he was still sprightly and his passing must be a real blow to Tova.

Tova Traesnaes can probably be credited as the woman that saved Borgnine from a life of failed marriages. He was known for being volatile, yet attracting women with their own feisty personalities. Ernest's first marriage was to the singer Ethel Merman, in 1964. The marriage lasted just 38 days. He married Tova in 1973, though and they remained betrothed until the day that he died. Aged 60, Tova was by Ernest's side when he passed away last weekend at Cedars Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles.
Contactmusic

Lovely Ernest was 95 when he died and Tova was 24 years younger, surely that makes her 71 and not 60 as mentioned above! She looks good!