Ernest Borgnine has died

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another old time movie great gone, but what a legacy of fantastic movies these actors leave behind. Their like will never be seen again - real 'he' men of the screen, along with Robert Mitcham, Burt Lancaster, Gregory Peck, Richard Widmark etc, they had 'voices' and boy did they knew how to kiss a woman ! we can drool over Johnny Depp and his like, or Costner and Gere (McQueen and Newman did it for me) but there was something about those 40's and 50's black and white films that made them special.

Thank you Ernie.

So sad for Tova :sad: They were so much of a team, and she enjoyed taking about him so much. He was 95 yrs old, a good age and had a good life, but like someone else has said, loosing a loved one is very hard.Tova is going to miss him dreadfully. We will miss seeing his cheeky grin, that we often see on QVC when Tova is on.
My thoughts are with you Tova.

May his soul rest in peace.

Just saw this on the news. So sad for Tova. My thoughts are with her. R.I.P. Ernie x

I hadn't realised he'd been in so many classic movies until I heard the obituary on the world Service in the early hours. I doubt if stars of his ilk will be seen again. RIP ernest, you had a wonderful innings.

My sympathies to Tova & her family. She will be lost now as they seemed a very devoted couple. RIP Ernie:flower:

They mentioned this at the start of the morning show and talked about the time he was a guest, when his autobiography was out. They shared their memories and sent condolences to Tova which was quite nice.

So sad for Tova. They seemed genuinely happy and a real team. I know he was a good age but I always remember my grandma saying after my grandad died "I've lost my life's partner". There must be a real void which no amount of money or fame can fill. Deepest sympathies to Tova and RIP to Ernie, who seemed like a really nice man.