Emma Hardie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Just when you think you have heard it all - she actually said that she goes out into her garden, collects the rainwater from the roses and mixes it in with her face cream! Beyond belief.

Oh please! She strikes me as the kind of person who lives in cuckoo land OR she's a sage business woman who thinks that spouting guff like that makes us go all floaty and dreamy and buy her stuff! Lulu Guinness is like that too, lives in her own happy little world designing her very ordinary plastic handbags and rarely pops down to earth. I can't even watch her, she's such a space cadet!

*phew*

EH is seriously weird and delusional :taphead: imho and that fake accent is soooooooooooo ****** annoying!! :angry:

Hope some cat hasn't peed in it before she gets there.:tongue:

You never know, it could turn out to be the new weapon in the war against anti ageing! Mind they'd need to do a bit of work on the "perfume" first. I agree about E H - she's completely away with the fairies (at the bottom of her garden)

Just when you think you have heard it all - she actually said that she goes out into her garden, collects the rainwater from the roses and mixes it in with her face cream! Beyond belief.

Yes, she's bonkers but quite I like that about her. I'm not taken in by her saying she collects rainwater and mixes it with her face cream, I simply use her balm and face cream because they work for me.

Last edited:
you laugh about the rainwater but it is starting to be a trend as water companies have come in for a lot of criticism as tests conducted by independent institutions have often shown turbidity and faecal coliform counts, especially Cryptosporidium and Giardia contaminating the water supplied to households. Rainwater obviously does not have this, and it is possible to have closed gutters and filter mechanisms so you can utilize rainwater runoff.
Maybe she does that?
Afterthought: sorry to be so disgusting, hope I have not put anyone of their tea
(she says, looking at hers very oddly and thinking if a bottle of wine would not be better to drink? :tongue::blush::grin:

Last edited:
you laugh about the rainwater but it is starting to be a trend as water companies have come in for a lot of criticism as tests conducted by independent institutions have often shown turbidity and faecal coliform counts, especially Cryptosporidium and Giardia contaminating the water supplied to households. Rainwater obviously does not have this, and it is possible to have closed gutters and filter mechanisms so you can utilize rainwater runoff.
Maybe she does that?
Afterthought: sorry to be so disgusting, hope I have not put anyone of their tea
(she says, looking at hers very oddly and thinking if a bottle of wine would not be better to drink? :tongue::blush::grin:

do you have a link to those reports?

do you have a link to those reports?
The few I remember were from the University of Technology Sydney and MIT. I only came across them as I was looking for other information of water safety, and I came across water quality records from Thames Water. Have a look at your water quality control records, which your water company has to send you if you request them

Afterthought:
although, and I want to be very clear here: I do not know who sponsored those studies, maybe its the rainwater gutter people who install those systems, in which case I would be very skeptical as it would obviously affect their bias. Just thought it was relevant as maybe EH has come across this and therefore believes that rainwater is better.

Last edited:

Just when I had nearly talked myself into trying EH's Moringa Balm, rose water I like... cat's pee ...no ta. She is rather ditzy, maybe safer not to bother...LOL ...

Rainwater used to have properties that tap water didn't. This was before the 'acid rain' scares. When I was a girl, we used to collect summer rain to use as the last rinse on our hair (cold).! Whether it was the cold or the water I don't know, but our hair always shined beautifully.!!

Rainwater used to have properties that tap water didn't. This was before the 'acid rain' scares. When I was a girl, we used to collect summer rain to use as the last rinse on our hair (cold).! Whether it was the cold or the water I don't know, but our hair always shined beautifully.!!

yeah! my mum used to do that when i was little :) rain water and loxene (erk)

The few I remember were from the University of Technology Sydney and MIT. I only came across them as I was looking for other information of water safety, and I came across water quality records from Thames Water. Have a look at your water quality control records, which your water company has to send you if you request them

Afterthought:
although, and I want to be very clear here: I do not know who sponsored those studies, maybe its the rainwater gutter people who install those systems, in which case I would be very skeptical as it would obviously affect their bias. Just thought it was relevant as maybe EH has come across this and therefore believes that rainwater is better.

thanks. glad those reports at least aren't in this country. i'd be surprised if we have those organisms in our water cos as far as i understand, the treatment and tresting is very strict. i do worry about things they can't filter out like drugs. sooooo many people take one pill and then say 'i threw the rest in the toilet' and they always sound so smug about it!! not to mention all the oestrogen etc that gets pee'd out........

I like her and Lulu Guinness.
In fact, I like wackiness, but then some would say ...... lol

As long as it didn't glow in the dark you were OK lol

I like her and Lulu Guinness.
In fact, I like wackiness, but then some would say ...... lol

Same here! Nothing worse than ordinary in my book!

**Am mobile so please excuse typos, limited vocabulary and inability to thank/like posts!!**

Latest posts

Back