Emma Hardie TSV - 16/05/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for 2 of the last 2 TSV's but I don't need any more moisturisers or night creams at the mo. If they had had the Serum and the eye serum plus the balm I would have gone for it. Maybe next time

Thank for your the recomendations to buy this - I love the cleansing balm and the night cream. Not tried the day cream yet but so far I'm happy with my purchase. My only dislike is the cleansing balm seems to change fragrance when you're using it from the scent in the pot.

My Moringa balm jar lid from the TSV has cracked in two places with no reason whatsoever, it hasn't been dropped or knocked but handled extremely gently. No one else except me touched it. Has anyone experienced this too?

Yip, mine has done the same, in about half a dozen places around the lid. Very odd. Fabulous cleanser all the same x

Yip, mine has done the same, in about half a dozen places around the lid. Very odd. Fabulous cleanser all the same x
Each time I use it I get a new crack but not straight away, I see a new one next day in the morning, how bizarre.

My Moringa balm jar lid from the TSV has cracked in two places with no reason whatsoever, it hasn't been dropped or knocked but handled extremely gently. No one else except me touched it. Has anyone experienced this too?

Not the TSV but the 2 jars of cleansing balm offer on beauty day - one of them arrived with a cracked lid, then a piece broke off. I thought I'd be able to use the lid from the other jar when it was empty but I didn't look closely and it doesn't fit. Couldn't be bothered to return it. I love the cleanser and it seems to suit my skin well.

I was still using the balm from a previous purchase so when the tsv arrived, i put the balm, unopened in the bathroom cabinet. I have just looked at it and there are 4 cracks in the perspex outside lid but the inside seems unaffected, its very strange though

It also happened to the lid on the try me , the thread "crumbled". I actually e mailed emma hardie and was sent a new balm and a face cloth as an apology but the same thing happened again so I have just decanted it into a travel pot. Weird.

I was thinking that if Emma decides to sort this in future (her having to pay more for better jars) will not compromise product quality (formula) in order to keep the price for the customer. I love her skincare and hope she won't change formulas of her products as I will have to start over my search for skin care again.

If EH has to send out replacement lids, or purchase different lids for products already made, wouldn't she have some claim against the manufacturer of the containers as they're unfit for purpose if the plastic is unstable and brittle? The contents of the pots cost pennies, there's a huge mark up on skincare regardless of the presteeegious ingreeeejunts, so I'd be disappointed if her company can justify passing on the cost of better lids as a price increase to her customers.

Sending out replacement lids would be less expensive than a product recall, but if a jar lid doesn't fit the contents are likely to go off more quickly, particularly a "natural" range with fewer preservatives.

I've just checked mine and it's got 5 cracks in the lid as well.

Sending out replacement lids would be less expensive than a product recall, but if a jar lid doesn't fit the contents are likely to go off more quickly, particularly a "natural" range with fewer preservatives.
My guess is that replacement lids may be as bad, and she probably knew that she was buying cheap stuff.

The shape of the pot is different in the TSV one so this will be a new lid design. I got the 200ml size just before the price went up and Emma said on air that "this is my brand new lid with slightly curved edge" (the original 200ml tub had sharper edges). I didn't buy the TSV- is the rim of the 100ml lid slightly curved? If it is there could be a manufacturing issue Emma will sort out with whoever makes the lids.

The shape of the pot is different in the TSV one so this will be a new lid design. I got the 200ml size just before the price went up and Emma said on air that "this is my brand new lid with slightly curved edge" (the original 200ml tub had sharper edges). I didn't buy the TSV- is the rim of the 100ml lid slightly curved? If it is there could be a manufacturing issue Emma will sort out with whoever makes the lids.
I've checked the new lid and it's flat. Very flat :)

Latest posts

Back