Emma Hardie show 8pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Boots NO7 are doing a hot cloth cleanser which costs £10 which is supposed to be similar to LE C&P. I bought this with my £5 voucher but have not tried it as I want to finish my elemis pro radiance cleanser. Have any of you tried it?

I was trying to save money, so I bought the No7 Hot cloth cleanser and their cleansing balm. The balm is not a balm - more of a thick cream. The hot cloth one is nothing special and leaves a soap like scum round the sink after, which I don't like the look of. As soon as I have used them both up, I am going back to Liz Earle. I did buy the Emma Hardie eye gel which came with a small pot of the balm. The eye gel has done nothing for me, but I love the moringa balm.

I hated the Boots one. Stung my eyes like
Hated the Soap & Glory one as well, to slippy IFYWIM?

I've decided to stick with C & P to be honest, even after the fiasco of Liz Earle changing it. Not as good as it was, but still better than anything else I've tried.

Hadn't seen your post when I started mine.
Glad you confirmed the sting on the eyes with the Boots and the reformulation of the C&P, find you now need more as not as creamy.

Thank you all for your feedback. :mysmilie_508: I will give the NO7 cleanser a miss and go for the Decleor one. The next time I am in Asda I will pick up some Nspa for my daughter.

Thank you all for your feedback. :mysmilie_508: I will give the NO7 cleanser a miss and go for the Decleor one. The next time I am in Asda I will pick up some Nspa for my daughter.

If you get chance to pick up an Emma Hardie cloth, you may find it makes any cleanser more effective.

I think Jilly looked fab in that show. To be fair, it's not just a question of their ages. Emma was ill for 12 years with Epstein-Barr. As many of us can attest, illness affects your overall health, hair, skin, eyelashes/brows, nails etc. Well done, us, for CarryingOn to become Princes/sess-of-quite-a-lot! ;-)

I think Jilly looked fab in that show. To be fair, it's not just a question of their ages. Emma was ill for 12 years with Epstein-Barr. As many of us can attest, illness affects your overall health, hair, skin, eyelashes/brows, nails etc. Well done, us, for CarryingOn to become Princes/sess-of-quite-a-lot! ;-)

Yes it can plus loads more other stuff, but thankfully we have each other on here.

:mysmilie_513:

(mum writes)

We met Emma at the Beauty Bash and she is lovely. Her skin is fab for real. She wears hardly any make up and it looks great. I also suffer with Epstein-Barr and I find it difficult to do all the skin buffing at times. The main problem with the products now is how expensive they've all become. It's rapidly getting to the point where I can no longer afford to buy any of the products that I know and like from QVC. I like to use products that are as free from nasties as possible, so I'm currently using a few items from the Nivea range. It's an all natural body lotion and is cheap as chips on BOGOF in Sainsbury's. Just be careful though as all the others have the parabens and SLS etc.

I always try and keep some LE to hand for removal of makeup and mascara but my wonder product is the Decleor cleanser (mentioned above) as you have to use so little but it does sting my eyes.

i know there a lot of fans of her Balm (aka emporers new clothes) but she is a terrible guest. She speaks like she's just come off a week long NVQ beauty course. Totally unconvincing.

I dont like her. And that brown overall she always wears. she looks mucky. What was it Jason Gardiner said about one of the Dancing On Ice Zelebs who wore brown? Hmmmmmm

I'm tending to agree. I bought into the hype and bought a huge pot of the Balm, but to be honest yes it smells divine, BUT I think its a very expensive Vaseline with perfume. I used Vaseline donkeys years ago on my face and got the same results !

Hi Tashasaw,
Just a quicky heads up it's on three easy pay during the 3pm hour, if it's of any help for you.

Sorry if I've missed an earlier thread on this, but I didn't know LE had changed C and P. What happened there?

Sorry if I've missed an earlier thread on this, but I didn't know LE had changed C and P. What happened there?

Hi Catherine,
Please correct me someone, if I've got it wrong but took LE's team a long time to admit there had been a change to the formulation.
Of removing the almond milk for those people with a nut allergy. Which some now find it appears less creamy and that you find that your using more or double cleansing.

As an alternative to C and P has anyone tried the Elemis Pro Radiance cleanser? I used C&P many moons ago and when I returned to it I didn't like it (must have been around the change) The Elemis one is divine! It's really thick and creamy and takes off mascara. I use it with a hot flannel. It's my all-time favourite cleanser :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Catherine,
Please correct me someone, if I've got it wrong but took LE's team a long time to admit there had been a change to the formulation.
Of removing the almond milk for those people with a nut allergy. Which some now find it appears less creamy and that you find that your using more or double cleansing.

Thanks, that's interesting - I haven't used any C and P the last few months but before that I was using double or double cleansing so maybe that was why.

I nearly bought the Superdrug one yesterday but I'm using the NSpa one and I don't really like it so perhaps I ought to just stop fiddling about and buy one I know I like.

I do quite like the Elemis one but my favourites are:

C&P ... even with the new formula it works fine for me
ESPA cleansing balm ... lovely lovely but expensive
Neals Yard cleansing balm ... nearly as good as ESPA but not quite. It is cheaper though.

And then for when I want a wash off cleanser it has to be Neals Yard Rose one. I don't use it often but it does the job, smells divine and I'm not even going to try anything else.

So once I've finished this NSpa wallop I'll nip off to Liz Earle for a C&P and a freebie. And if I go on a Friday I'll get a cupcake too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back