embarrassing moments on qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia said on air yesterday that she is approaching 57. So 3 years out and she would look her age. I think she looks much younger than her age - mainly because of her hair.

Thanks everyone for making me laugh, I have just read this thread and found some of the stories so funny, just wish I had seen them

I am finding Craig and the Yankee Candle guy embarrassing. But that could be because I've got the sound off and I've no idea what they are talking about . The new guy keeps running his hand through his hair and smiling at Craig . If your hair is getting in your way CUT IT ! ( god I' m grumpy tonight !!! ) .

You gotta love when Mally's on! I do think she's a bit crude sometimes but it's worth it to see the constant look of panic on the presenters face wondering what she'll come out with next and I do think she shook up the beauty shows a bit. One time she said something about being an eyeliner junkie. AY was horrified and rather than just let it go or pass it off she went on for about five minutes apologising to any viewers who were offended by the use of the word 'junkie' especially to anyone who had any personal experience with addiction issues (their wives, sisters, mums etc LOL!). Mally just stood there with a 'wtf?' look on her face and made some remark about Miss Ally needing to lighten up and of course she didn't mean anything by it. I think after that when Mally referred to hving sex with Johnny Depp etc AY just gave a knowing look to the camera and it actually came off much better and funnier than ****** apologising!

Funny, funny, funny :giggle:
There have been a few times when the telephone callers have been some lonely person of more advanced years wanting to chat longer than QVC have time for, and watching the presenters cringeworthily trying to gracefully end the call but the caller does not get the message!

"Well it's been LOVELY talking to you, Enid. Take care and enjoy your Peony flahs!"

Oh I will. I can put them on my mantelpiece besides my gallstones that I keep in a jar alongside my tin of thrupenny bits, not to mention a false teeth jar that looks like a candle! I bought it from you when you were doing that Taboo Health hour!"

We must move on now Enid. Maybe give us a call and let us know how you like your flahs.

Oh I know they will be fine dear. One of my friends at the Bowling Club got them off you last year.,,,,

I remember a long time ago, Dale and some bloke demonstrating a mobile phone, and they put the number of the one they had there on screen and Dale invited folk to text in to him.......needless to say, someone texted in and said summat about "wa****rs" selling phones......Dale couldn't get it away from the camera before we saw what was it said!!!

jill franks in the kitchen tasting a very dry looking macaroni cheese spitting it out and making a face more hilarious than cringeworthy

It wasn't a mobile phone. It was a pager! Someone would have had to call and speak to an operator to send that text, which made it even more funny!
I remember a long time ago, Dale and some bloke demonstrating a mobile phone, and they put the number of the one they had there on screen and Dale invited folk to text in to him.......needless to say, someone texted in and said summat about "wa****rs" selling phones......Dale couldn't get it away from the camera before we saw what was it said!!!

Is it this by any chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-WAVBhkrA

I'm afraid at the slightest hint of an embarrassing cringeworthy moment the channel is switched. I am a coward!

And this is why I hardly ever watch QVC now - too many embarrassing moments, the constant talking over the guest who is there to give ADVICE about their products......

There was one moment this morning with Annabelle and Kathy Tayler. Kathy was wearing an orange dress and the guest said, "you know Kathy I saw you this morning and this ACTUALLY made you look slim and beautiful!" (As if this were some feat of magnificence). Kathy VERY quickly moved the conversation along and deflected it professsionally but it was clear that she was not impressed by this comment. The comment from the guest was intended to sound complimentary but her tone and phrasing made it seem altogether different! If I were Kathy I might have been tempted to slap that guest for being so rude.

There was one moment this morning with Annabelle and Kathy Tayler. Kathy was wearing an orange dress and the guest said, "you know Kathy I saw you this morning and this ACTUALLY made you look slim and beautiful!" (As if this were some feat of magnificence). Kathy VERY quickly moved the conversation along and deflected it professsionally but it was clear that she was not impressed by this comment. The comment from the guest was intended to sound complimentary but her tone and phrasing made it seem altogether different! If I were Kathy I might have been tempted to slap that guest for being so rude.

I sensed that there was some clash of wills going on between the two of them even before that, every time Kathy was talking about an item the guest kept jumping in and talking over her with an aggressive tone and then Kathy would talk louder and more emphatically, it was a little unpleasant to watch actually. I know guests and presenters often talk over each other but this was more pronounced. I wonder what the issue was?

Yes you're right. I think it's just that the guest was being quite insincere and Kathy was not impressed by it. Kathy is a perfectly attractive and down-to-Earth middle-aged lady. The dress suited her just fine but the guest spoke in such a way that suggested that the dress was doing her a big favour, when in reality she was unattractive, and that she only looked any good because of the dress. There was something in her statement that revealed she did not think very highly of Kathy.
I sensed that there was some clash of wills going on between the two of them even before that, every time Kathy was talking about an item the guest kept jumping in and talking over her with an aggressive tone and then Kathy would talk louder and more emphatically, it was a little unpleasant to watch actually. I know guests and presenters often talk over each other but this was more pronounced. I wonder what the issue was?

Latest posts

Back