Embarrassing Moment....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
On the Dreamkeeper hour.

Debbie F was discussing how we all had 'issues' with our own bodies, and which part we took care to minimise when dressing.

Fatally she asked Joy (who was modelling at the time) what body issues she had. Joy didn't seem to understand the question. Debbie repeated it. Joy replied she didn't have any !

Ooops ! For a nano second Kaena and Debbie didn't quite know what to say. Then Kaena said, ok we should all ask Joy how she does it !!!!!

This makes Joy the only woman I know who is happy with her big arms, big chest, big belly and big a.......e !!!!

I would like to have seen Debbie's face, I saw Mally tell everyone she doesn't have time for a "dump" last night, Miss Ali seemed to take over very quickly ensuring no-one had time to comment further, how I chuckled! X

Mayb joy should try being slightly more modest in future , nobody likes a show off :wonder:

I think joy is stunning. We only really see her in QVC stuff so I bet she can look a knockout when wearing her own stuff. Joy might be a bigger lady but she looks in proportion and she certainly looks a darn sight better than the scrawny Jill Franks. She really needs to put some weight on. Her lack of curves really emphasises her turkey neck.

This sounds like a great moment. Shame I missed it! Why should Joy have to make up some old rubbish just to go along with Flint? She is a model after all. If she didn't have a good appearance and project confidence she wouldn't get any bookings. Joy was just safeguarding her career. And even if there were some aspect of her body she doesn't like, why should she be forced to tell everyone - particularly when she is at work?!

Good for her. If I was Joy I'd get fed up always being referred to by presenters as 'Joy, our plus size model' - maybe she took the opportunity to take the wind out their sails!

I like Joy's answer. I know I'm not going to be mistaken for a super model but I don't worry about any issues or flaws with my body either. I am just grateful that I have a healthy body, anything else is gravy :rock:

We have a generation of youngsters and teenagers growing up with image problems which are partly created by TV progs, films, magazines and celebs and eating disorders are rife amongst them so its refreshing to hear someone on TV say they don`t have any body issues. In fact it would be nice to hear a presenter ask " which part of your body do you adore and want to emphasise ? " rather than a negative question. I don`t think Joy was being arrogant at all. I think she`s just a woman with her head screwed on and is happy in her own skin.

We have a generation of youngsters and teenagers growing up with image problems which are partly created by TV progs, films, magazines and celebs and eating disorders are rife amongst them so its refreshing to hear someone on TV say they don`t have any body issues. In fact it would be nice to hear a presenter ask " which part of your body do you adore and want to emphasise ? " rather than a negative question. I don`t think Joy was being arrogant at all. I think she`s just a woman with her head screwed on and is happy in her own skin.

sadly positive questioning like that wouldn't sell as it could remind you that you already have a certain item that could excentuate a positive. scaremongering gets the cash.

I think Joy should have fired the question straight back at Debbie F and see how she liked it being put on the spot on live TV.

Good for Joy - as mentioned earlier I wouldn't be mistaken for a model but I am glad to have all the parts in working order! To be honest I think you would have to be absolutely stunning to detract from QVC fashion (I use that term loosely).

Just enjoy being who you are.

I think Joy looks fabulous, regardless of the 'flaws' you point out!
On the Dreamkeeper hour.

Debbie F was discussing how we all had 'issues' with our own bodies, and which part we took care to minimise when dressing.

Fatally she asked Joy (who was modelling at the time) what body issues she had. Joy didn't seem to understand the question. Debbie repeated it. Joy replied she didn't have any !

Ooops ! For a nano second Kaena and Debbie didn't quite know what to say. Then Kaena said, ok we should all ask Joy how she does it !!!!!

This makes Joy the only woman I know who is happy with her big arms, big chest, big belly and big a.......e !!!!

Joy does look good, I admire her honesty. I wish I could be like that but have and will always have body issues.

I think Joy is gorgeous. I remember seeing her on a programmes with her daughter a few years ago, and thought then that she has great self esteem and I wish I could bottle it and give some to my daughter! I remember her daughter wanted her to be 'made under' a little as she felt she dressed too flamboyantly and liked to show her ladies off a little too often! All I could do was laugh and applaud her for loving her own body.

I wouldn't think there would be many men who wouldn't be attracted to someone who not only looked like Joy, but who is also so brimming with confidence- most men I have talked to say there is nothing more attractive in a woman than body- confidence, so why as women are we so keen to criticise someone for having it?

I think Joy is gorgeous. I remember seeing her on a programmes with her daughter a few years ago, and thought then that she has great self esteem and I wish I could bottle it and give some to my daughter! I remember her daughter wanted her to be 'made under' a little as she felt she dressed too flamboyantly and liked to show her ladies off a little too often! All I could do was laugh and applaud her for loving her own body.

I wouldn't think there would be many men who wouldn't be attracted to someone who not only looked like Joy, but who is also so brimming with confidence- most men I have talked to say there is nothing more attractive in a woman than body- confidence, so why as women are we so keen to criticise someone for having it?

Hotter Than My Daughter
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=R5_TqldckPw

Joy is lovely and very often she looks far better in things than the slimmer models. However, I don't think dreamkeeper does her any favours to be honest - they seem to put her in the wrong size. The only thing that was embarrassing was Kaena going on about her body issues after saying she was a size 6 - 8. Debbie Flint looks good even if she would have us believe that 14-16 "high street" was massive. Look, wear what fits and we will all look 100%. Doesn't matter if you have a big bust, big bum, fat thighs or what. What bugs me is that, if you haven't got any of that (presenters), stop saying you have. Rant over.

cc

Latest posts

Back