Elemis tsv - watch out if you have sensitive skin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rudolf

Registered Shopper
I usually use Liz Earle - with a bit of Decleor (the oils) now and again.

I thought I would treat myself to the Elemis TSV (wouldn't have bothered if I'd realised that the moisturisers contain mineral oil) because it looked so 'let's spoil me'.

Well, I have only used the mask which I - STUPIDLY - followed the telly advice for and left on overnight in a thin layer aka Julia Roberts. She said it had the 'wow' factor.

More like the '**C* me!' factor.

I got up this morning looking like Rudolf meets Christopher Biggins in full panto drag. I look liked I've been burned. My face is red bordering on the maroon. My eyes - I thankfully did not go close to the eyes with it - were swollen as were my lips (I went around the lips with it). Had to go to the chemist for antihistamine and suspect that I will shed a skin like a SNAKE...

I have spent the day in work giving offmore heat than a three bar electric fire.

It's obviously going back but I would just like to warn everyone how strong you can react if you are unlucky...

Hope you will be better soon Snuffles.

I think its good advice and everyone should always patch test any new products before they use them - but most people dont.

Mine just arrived today so havent had time to try any of it yet.

Oh Snuffles that is not good.

I have mild roseaca and have been doing the thin layer on at night. I mix mine with argan oil and so far no problems at all. But I have used the quartz mask before as a mask and knew I have no problems with it.

i have been blessed with non reactive skin. can use anything until i tried elemis. elemis use quite a lot of unusual ingredients iodine for one found in the pcm cream. a lot of people have complained about this. if elemis was a cheap brand it would get such bad press. but as it is high end it gets away with it.
elemis in my estimatiom try too hard to justify the huge price point.

I love Elemis cleanser & toner for sensitive skin and have used it for years. However, I don't get on with PCMC or the Absolute Lifting Mask - both really make my skin sting.

poor you I am going to send mine back As ever since I stated using the pcmc I have had a burning feeling in my cheeks and they are much redder than usual

Thanks for the warning Snuffles.
Hope your skin gets better very soon. xxxx

poor thing. hope it all returns to normal soon. I stopped using Elemis ages ago and switched to Decleor. Part of my decision was down to some of the odd ingredients in their products. I always get worried when stuff says "don't use during pregnancy" (not that I'm pregnant) because if its not really safe then, I'm not so sure I want to absorb it into my skin/system.

poor thing. hope it all returns to normal soon. I stopped using Elemis ages ago and switched to Decleor. Part of my decision was down to some of the odd ingredients in their products. I always get worried when stuff says "don't use during pregnancy" (not that I'm pregnant) because if its not really safe then, I'm not so sure I want to absorb it into my skin/system.

That warning it because the use essential oils many of which you cannot use when pregnant, or even neat on the skin.

Iodine its not the stuff they use in hospitals, but from the seaweed used in PCMC.

Gosh! One man's meat really is another man's poison. I have very sensitive skin and have suffered a particularly unpleasant reaction from the Clientele TSV. However, I have used Elemis for a few years and am absolutely fine with it. Just goes to show how different even sensitive skins can be.

As someone else said this brings it home that we should follow the advice to do a patch test when using new products. I must hold my hand up and admit that I just start using things without testing.

I was tempted by the TSV but resisted after reading some reviews where people said that Elemis had caused them to get spots. Sorting the reviews into low to high order really can help you economise!

I know everyones skin is different but essential oils and all this natural skincare they say is good for your skin ruined my skin.Iv also tried elemis and found it overpriced and overhyped for me anyway and the marine cream made my face very red.:17:

Mineral oil is quite an inert and non-sensitising substance, so it's possible it was something else within the formulation that you've reacted to, Snuffles.

I haven't looked at the full list of ingredients, but I find things like eucalyptus and camphor (ie decongesting and medicinal type ingredients) more irritating. Lanolin is the other really bad one for me, though I don't know whether Elemis use that or not.

Generally, I find them one of the better ranges for sensitive skin (not that that's probably much consolation to you. :1:)

Elemis is okay. But when I first starting using the range, my skin hated the PCMC - had a horrible rash!

Have also had a burning sensation and redness using the tri-enzymes range too, despite using the liquid layer sunblock. I've always given elemis a chance and always purchased the tsvs, but gave the last one a miss solely because of my terrible experience with the tri-enzymes.

The bath products are superb for a good night of pampering though.

I want anti-ageing skincare that PERFORMS, but I've come to realize that Elemis just doesn't cut the mustard for me and is mediocre at best, so now I'm more or less loyal to my Gatineau, but also use the entire Liz Earle range. (O and a spot of Decleor! )

:10:

I thought I could feel a little tingling but, previously, I had been okay with elemis. I have extremely sensitive skin, so I bought the cleanser and toner for said skin type as well, and I wasn't sure whether it was that or the moisturiser.
I don't really want to return it because the shower cream is to die for and the monoi moisture melt also.
They really ought to mention ALL of the ingredients in the products.
Knuckles rapped Keeley and QVC!

Oh poor Snuffles, I do hope it recovers quickly. I would suggest a good coating of Elemis SOS Cream to help and to sooth, but if you are feeling anti Elemis that might not be a welcome suggestion!

I love the latest TSV. I have fairly sensitive skin but have to confess I never patch test either - but I wouldn't leave anything on my skin overnight other than my usual moisturiser. I've used the mask from the TSV several times and my skin felt wonderful afterwards but it was only on a maximum of 15 minutes.

Thanks all - am recovering and now just look and feel like the Woman in the Egg Box Mask...

I ahave learned a lesson and will now test stuff! Back to LE - the old faithful - and a bit of Decleor.

Sal
XXX

Latest posts

Back