Elemis Mini Series, New Guest and the demise of Keeley -at last!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not surprised Lilian, but not much surprises me about these 'celebrities'. I use a lot of LE skincare and it has done wonders for my skin. BUT - its the skincare I am interested in - not the person/persons. AY might well have had her reasons for blanking Liz and the brand in the early years, but she shot herself in the foot because it has turned out to be their biggest seller (beauty wise), so she has had to backtrack and try and be enthusiastic and friendly when she is on with Liz now (she does not always suceed!). She seems much happier when she is presenting with therapist Jo.

As for Elemis, I have tried PCMC and i did not find it better than LE superskin. Thats only my opinion. I do watch some Elemis shows and I don't mind Keeley, but have to agree that she promises the earth, moon and stars with the products and i do not believe a word of it. And as for her banging on about those damned QVC beauty awards, LE superskin most probably won because more people voted for it!!

We may be out-numbered by avenging face book angels who worship Keeley and the ground she walks on!

J xx

We may be out-numbered by avenging face book angels who worship Keeley and the ground she walks on!

J xx[/QUOTE

Yes, but thats what I was trying to say (badly), just don't understand the hero worship of a person who fronts a brand or works with it. It should be the actual products that you love. Weird!

AY might well have had her reasons for blanking Liz and the brand in the early years

I don't think AY did blank LE in the early days - I remember hearing her recommend LE products on a number of occasions. That was back in the days when she used to give good, straightforward advice. As someone said earlier, advising on simple routines to calm down reactive skins or for those on tight budgets - now it just seems to be all focused on the latest 'celeb' product or endorsement, rather than simplying focusing on the skincare and what's most suited to the customer.

if youre wondering why i have such a downer on Keeley its because out of all of the guests she is the one who insists to the max that you need to apply 3, 4 or even 5 layers of treatment to your skin. not satisfied with selling you a pot of moisturiser, she will try to convince you that you need oodles of overpriced, ineffective grease to apply underneath and on top of said moisturiser.

she is a liar, and a puppet for the brand she represents. she should be ashamed of the way she takes peoples money.

If you don't like the way Keeley does her job, don't watch her, you have an off button on your remote control, use it or change the channel.

If BB turns over that doesn't stop people from being ripped off by this repeated "just slot x into your routine"

Whilst I probably don't feel as strongly as BB I do think Keeley tries to convince people to buy more and more different products, her advice generally seems to be use an additional product rather than replacing a product you currently use with a different one. What is the Elemis routine? I thought it was cleanse, tone, tri-enzyme wash, tone, bliss capsules, pcmc, liquid layer plus scrub/mask on certain days which does seem a bit excessive and that's not including eye products, neck products, bust products etc.

I did try Elemis cleanser and toner once (anyone else remember about 3 years ago when QVC put the wrong price on the website?) and whilst it was ok I didn't feel the need to rush out and buy it again but as for following the routine Keeley would suggest I think I would lose the will to live.

Last edited:
I only came onto this forum to see what TSVs and OTOs were coming up and happened to stumble across this post.

I find it hard to understand how the majority of you can be so vindictive to Keeley – how many of you actually know her? When she is on QVC I imagine her job is the same as any other guest presenter and that is to sell goods just as it is for the QVC Presenter. In my opinion it is an added advantage that she knows so much about what she is selling and also gives us so many tips. How would you feel if people singled you out had a go at you like this? Before you say that it is your right because she is on TV just remember that a number of you are also having a go at the people on her QVC FB page and they are just ordinary people like you, not celebrities. If Elemis wasn’t such a prestigious brand QVC wouldn’t sell it and if it didn’t work people wouldn’t be prepared to pay the price of it and the many other brands that cost around the same. If you don’t like Elemis, or Keeley, why are you watching the programme in the first place, you should just switch off. Finally, why does it matter whether she lives in this country or another one if she is able to continue doing her job efficiently from either?

I’m lucky to have had a facial with Keeley and have to say she is one of the nicest, genuine and helpful people I have ever met. I felt really comfortable and relaxed when she was chatting to me (not about Elemis) while doing my facial. She answered any questions I had and was quite happy that I was using other makes as well as Elemis. Although there are a number of products on show at her Salon at no time did she try to sell me anything which to me proves that when on QVC she is doing what she has been
told to do

I bought a brand new 200ml bottle of Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner at a car boot sale for 25p. Now that was a real bargain!!!!:grin:

How old is Keeley only I wondering if she's using all these different products in her regime IMHO they aren't doing to well.
I caught her the other evening and from what I recall she has a very lined forehead and neck plus nose to mouth lines and a sagging jaw line.
Next time I see her I'll look a lot closer, considering I've less than 2 years to go to 50 she's a lot more lined than myself, hence it doesn't inspire me to opt for Elemis.

I only came onto this forum to see what TSVs and OTOs were coming up and happened to stumble across this post.

what you bothering to write this for then?

I find it hard to understand how the majority of you can be so vindictive to Keeley how many of you actually know her?

whats knowing her got to do with anything?

How would you feel if people singled you out had a go at you like this?
it wouldnt happen 'cos we're not putting ourselves on telly.

Before you say that it is your right because she is on TV

whoops... too late, i just said it.

just remember that a number of you are also having a go at the people on her QVC FB page and they are just ordinary people like you, not celebrities.

some people are doing that, not all. and if she doesn't like it what does she have a FB page for in the first place? no one forces her.

If you don’t like Elemis, or Keeley, why are you watching the programme in the first place, you should just switch off.

oh yawn yawn. please do try and come up with something more original than this tired old rubbish.

I’m lucky to have had a facial with Keeley

woo. go you.

and have to say she is one of the nicest, genuine and helpful people I have ever met. I felt really comfortable and relaxed when she was chatting to me (not about Elemis) while doing my facial. She answered any questions I had and was quite happy that I was using other makes as well as Elemis. Although there are a number of products on show at her Salon at no time did she try to sell me anything which to me proves that when on QVC she is doing what she has been told to do

but which no-one forces her to do. on QVC she is hard sell to the max. selling empty promises to gullible insecure people. whether she does that in her own shop is irrelevant, you're in a tiny minority of people who've been. we're commenting on her tv performance because that's what we see. by the way... you were paying for your facial i assume? what did you expect? a gob full of attitude or stony silence throughout? of course she was nice to you, youre a paying customer. please get things in perspective.

Last edited:
How old is Keeley only I wondering if she's using all these different products in her regime IMHO they aren't doing to well.
I caught her the other evening and from what I recall she has a very lined forehead and neck plus nose to mouth lines and a sagging jaw line.
Next time I see her I'll look a lot closer, considering I've less than 2 years to go to 50 she's a lot more lined than myself, hence it doesn't inspire me to opt for Elemis.

Keeley was 36 a couple of weeks back bags.

Thanks for that.

:handshake:

My word I've 12 years on her, doesn't make me rush to sample Elemis then. :wink:
Nor me Bags, I can give her more years than you and my skin is much less wrinkled than hers! :eek:

Okayyy ... all the personal stuff aside - can anyone tell me what the point of the Tri-enzyme facial wash is?

Thinking (foolishly) that it was a cleanser, I had it on my 'must try next' list, but only discovered from this thread that it's not a cleanser. So my translation is 'it doesn't wash your face' - well, what else is a cleanser supposed to do??

So, what is the point??? Or are Elemis admitting that their actual cleansers don't do the job?

Or am I just thick ? (Don't feel you have to answer that one...) :confused:

Steve Whately always used to do the LE shows during the early days because he was great mates with her and I believe he was responsible for bringing her brand, which was very new and small scale back then, onto QVC.

Tri enzyme is supposed to boost the skin cells renewal and remove dead cells and make the skin smoother. I used to use it and whilst it did make the skin feel really soft after using it for a while I decided the results were not that good to carry on so stopped then I got a travel size in a kit from Debenhams and used it again, it does make your skin soft but its not a miracle worker. Now I am using pro radience at night to remove make up and leave it on for a few minutes and think that gives just as good a result. Tri enzyme doesnt remove make up so you have to cleanse first anyway

For me the Tri enzyme is like the Papaya Mask but instead of having to sit with it on for 10 minutes. You wash your face with it after removing makeup etc, and rinse off. I can use the Pro Radience even up round my eyes(Gatineau's famous eye makeup remover which actually doesn't) I can get waterproof masaca off even when the Gatineau won't. No itching etc.

Latest posts

Back