Elemis demo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Watching the Elemis demo of the Marine Cream on the model, the demonstrator said to put a tiny amount into the palms of your hands and rub it in, and then smooth it over the face.

Excuse me ? I take it straight from tub to face and rub in with finger tips. This stuff is far far too expensive to use as a handcream before it reaches my cheeks Elemis. It may need 'warming' up beforehand, but I'll warm it up while its doing its work where its needed, and that's NOT in the palms of my hands. What a waste !

Although I do watch demonstrations of how to apply products, I hardly ever end up following them and just do it my own way.

I use Elemis' marine cream, but as my hands are constantly cold, I doubt that method would work anyway. lol!

its to get you to waste it so you will buy more. pcmc is very gel like and easy to apply

Keeley and Alison used to say to use the tiny scooped spatula you used to get with it as you only needed a tiny amount yet the model in the promo vids nearly takes a third of the jar on her finger.

Keeley and Alison used to say to use the tiny scooped spatula you used to get with it as you only needed a tiny amount yet the model in the promo vids nearly takes a third of the jar on her finger.

That`s a habit they have with all beauty products. You could moisturise a small Army with the amount some presenters and models scoop out of a tub or bottle.

If they wanted to 'celebrate' 25 years, then it would have been much better to reduce the price of the cream even further, rather than spend money on the marketing tool of a 'free' mirror.

I warm my moisturiser between my fingers tips (not my palms though), I find it spreads further on my face.

I warm my moisturiser between my fingers tips (not my palms though), I find it spreads further on my face.

This is what I do too and then pat it over my face for an even spread, before massaging in. I too wouldn't rub into my palms there would be nothing left for my face.

When I have treatments therapists tend to be far more generous with products than I myself would be, maybe the demonstrators are in therapist mode rather than normal using products at home mode.

I remember watching Adele from SBC doing a presentation on either the ACE face cream or the collagen face cream with AY once. Adele was saying it would last about a month to 6 weeks (this is for a 100ml tub) and AY was most horrified and said something along the lines of a pot that size should last 3-4 months if not longer. I quite liked it. I like Adele, but I think it proves she doesn't use the SBC face creams herself (and I'm fairly certain I've seen that she's ordered the Elemis Christmas TSV once).

They say that with Decleor as well. Can I just say that apart from the Aromessence Balm I have never, ever received the promised spatula with a day or night cream in any make. I managed to beg a couple from a LOoccy shop but was told bluntly at a Decleor counter that they were not available. I was rather annoyed! They gave me some massive wooden things like emery boards instead.

Very little, if any, product on the palms of your hands will be absorbed. The waste would be minimal. The fronts of your hands are more likely to be expelling than absorbing (it's your palms that sweat, not the backs). It would be more wasteful, in my opinion, to do the back of the hand thing, as the backs will absorb the creams and serums. Although - if you have any left after applying to your face, rubbing any remnants into the backs of your hands is good (although I tend to go for forearms as I'm forever washing my hands.

Warming up your products either on fingertips or across your whole hand before you apply them has two benefits - 1) increases the "slip" of the product so a smaller amount goes further, 2) allows you to distribute the product more evenly on your face. If you do the old dab a dot on forehead, cheeks and chin they get the most of the product.

But at the end of the day it's a personal choice - we all apply our lotions and potions in the ways we find most effective and enjoyable.

I have found with PCMC that the longer I have been using it the less I need. Ordered the TSV as I have just about finished my pot. Seems to last me about 4 months.

They are there to sell, so want you use up quickly and buy again

I use a 5p size on finger then rub fingers together to spread it, then massage into my face. Do this with all moisturizers. PCMC does a long way because of the texture.

I often wonder if brand guests use their own products.
I knew someone who worked on the Dior counter in a department store. All day she would be demonstrating and bigging up the products, repeating the spiel etc.
She herself used Kanebo make up and moisturisers (not the ridiculous expensive ones) that were also sold on a nearby counter.
She had great skin, naturally or products ? I don't know.

I love Kanebo products but it's so hard to find! I love the 38C mascara, but the only place I can buy online is Harrods and their service costs a fortune. Does anyone else sell this brand in the UK? Sorry for going off topic.

Kanebo is in Harrods only bricks and mortar and Selfridges too I believe. Harrods shipping is £5, I have ordered from them Armani in the sales.

A friend worked for Givenchy but used the Kanebo compact foundation. Anytime she went training in London she nipped into Harrods and stocked up.

Watching the Elemis demo of the Marine Cream on the model, the demonstrator said to put a tiny amount into the palms of your hands and rub it in, and then smooth it over the face.

Excuse me ? I take it straight from tub to face and rub in with finger tips. This stuff is far far too expensive to use as a handcream before it reaches my cheeks Elemis. It may need 'warming' up beforehand, but I'll warm it up while its doing its work where its needed, and that's NOT in the palms of my hands. What a waste !

I read on a beauty website, that a pea sized amount is rubbed in between the palms and,subsequently, applied to the face. I always use my ring finger, touch the same finger of my right hand, then apply to face. This is how we have been told by QVC guests to do it. Why the change in the process?

I read on a beauty website, that a pea sized amount is rubbed in between the palms and,subsequently, applied to the face. I always use my ring finger, touch the same finger of my right hand, then apply to face. This is how we have been told by QVC guests to do it. Why the change in the process?

Not enough re-orders for their liking.

Latest posts

Back