Ego Trip Travel Set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
I caught the end of the Ego Trip Travel Hairdryer and straighteners before. Does anybody know if the issue with them has been sorted out after all the commotion on FB at Christmas.

I had mine uplifted because I didn't feel safe using it, sometimes the air would be ok, then other times very, very hot, so didn't want to chance anything.

It was a brilliant little dryer and light enough to hold following carpal tunnel surgery (normal dryers make my hand ache) and would love to try it again.

Any comments very much appreciated :mysmilie_504:

I returned mine too, but didn't use it enough to spot any heating problems. My nozzle wouldn't stay attached and the dryer without it was too blustery for my flyaway hair. It struck me as dodgy that the Ego lady kept recommending the dryer without the concentrator nozzle because this is the opposite of advice I'd been given and in my experience it's impossible to blow dry my hair without one. It made me wonder whether she knew there was a problem with some of the hair dryers.

Have Ego ever sold anything on Q that didn't receive complaints?
If they have, I can't remember it TBH.

They did me a favour; I needed a lighter weight dryer so though this would be perfect. After I sent it back DD said she still had a mini dryer from years ago when she was little (pink Cosmopolitan brand for kids - it came with glittery hair clips and bobbles!) and it's perfect!

I was in SpaceNK at the weekend and they had some lightweight dryers. They look full-sized but were uber lightweight; I picked one up to check! But boy thery're expensive! http://uk.spacenk.com/featherweight-luxe-2i-dryer/MUK200010576.html

That is recommended in the Beauty section of the Daily Telegraph today:
'in five minutes? It can be done! T3's innovative new design dries hair 75 per cent faster than conventional models. More air volume and less air velocity also means hair isn't whipped around, leaving you with a sleek and smooth blow-dry in record time.'

I bet the beauty editor didn't buy their own dryer though. (yep sour grapes from me!) They do sound good but just out of my price range sadly.

Overhead or travel dryer?

I caught the end of the Ego Trip Travel Hairdryer and straighteners before. Does anybody know if the issue with them has been sorted out after all the commotion on FB at Christmas.

I had mine uplifted because I didn't feel safe using it, sometimes the air would be ok, then other times very, very hot, so didn't want to chance anything.

It was a brilliant little dryer and light enough to hold following carpal tunnel surgery (normal dryers make my hand ache) and would love to try it again.

Any comments very much appreciated :mysmilie_504:

Have you thought about one of those overhead dryers, so popular in the 1970s, if you were around then? From a quick Google for you I found a range from £60 stand alone models to a less than £3 attachment you can put on the end of a normal dryer, you could prop the dryer on a stand.
And then of course there are travel hair dryers, about £12 to £15, which are much lighter than ones for normal home use.

Latest posts

Back