Edited Reviews - you missed a bit off Marverine!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Talking about Yankee Candles, Marverine was supposedly reading reviews. With regard to the set of votives and glass holder she said there were loads of five star reviews and quoted one in particular - "Candle selection is fantastic". She missed off the remainder of the review which is "I am hoping they will be more fragrant than the larger jars have been recently." I agree the fragrance is definitely going less recently, particularly in the larger jars and whatever I do they just tunnel.

Don't buy votives either because they absolutely smell of nothing. I've sent two sets back and I won't buy any more. I really do think Yankee have changed their formulas because I only buy tarts now and even some of them aren't that good. Also the wrapping which always used to be skin tight on the melts is now very loose. Have they changed manufacturer I wonder because if they have the quality has suffered.

CC

I have had a bit of a disaster with my wax tarts/melts. Over a period of time I got quite a collection together and stored them in a box. Having been unwell for some time I forgot all about them. I opened the box yesterday to find that they have all lost their original fragrances and now they all smell of vanilla!

I'm fairly new to tarts (about a year) but even I notice that the smell does not last anymore. but wondered if it was because I was getting too used to it.

Talking about reviews - Ali K was on the other night spouting about them being totally independent and never being altered in anyway, good bad or indifferent. A tad economical with the truth there Ali!

I am finding that reviews are disappearing at a rate of knots. Have you noticed how few items in last click still have reviews?

I don't think that is my problem as I think I only purchased the first lot from Q and thereafter anywhere I saw good offer as I don't have any great favourites regarding "flavours" I just take a chance on anything that smells nice in the shop.

The only thing now that I buy from Yankee on QVC as well as anywhere else, are the wax tarts. I have loads of them as I order from somewhere else now usually between 10 and 20 at a time, and they last for ages. I love the fact that you get the instant hit of the scent, even after a couple of days. I tend to light them and wait till the candle goes out by itself, then re-light morning and again in the evening. I can't remember how long each tart fragrance lasts, probably a couple of days at the rate I use them.

I just find the jars not so enticing as I used to.

Don't buy votives either because they absolutely smell of nothing. I've sent two sets back and I won't buy any more. I really do think Yankee have changed their formulas because I only buy tarts now and even some of them aren't that good. Also the wrapping which always used to be skin tight on the melts is now very loose. Have they changed manufacturer I wonder because if they have the quality has suffered.

CC

I totally agree with you Candycane! I really think they have stopped putting in as much oil in their products. Even the melts do not smell as strong or last as long as they used to if you ask me. The last large jar l bought was Christmas Eve to replace the one l had used. It was incredibly weak in comparison and l could hardly smell it. I would also say the same about a jar of Clean Cotton that l bought . It has totally put me off buying any more large jars!

Latest posts

Back