Ecoegg Laundry Kit TSV 13/07/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They're not still selling this, are they? Mine was binned ages ago and I'm back to aldi's best.

I have used this, since it's debut, as I need to minimise the possible risk, of aggravation, to my easily inflamed and angry skin condition. I like it.

waste of money. does not clean the washing and washing still smells sweaty. not for me. and for the money you could but aldi/lidl washing products for a year or more. all best buys from which?

One of the best organic and totally free of nasties laundry products is the Faith In Nature laundry liquid. A 5 litre bottle lasts me a year, you only need a 30 ml capful for each wash and it washes great, has really good reviews and doesn`t irritate even the most sensitive skin. I started using it when my late first husband was having cancer treatment and his skin was very sore and fragile, I`ve used it ever since. The only exception is my husband`s work clothes, he`s a landscape gardener and believe me even a run through a car wash with huge big brushes and a bucket of detergent would struggle to get his work clothes clean, so it`s super powered, full of chemicals, abrasive and extra strong doses of Ariel for his work stuff.
The Ecoegg has been slated up hill and down dale and the few people who like it have said its useless for anything other than the lightest soiling.

i never forget the cage that holds the washing beads kept falling apart leaving dozens of small beads to scoop out after every wash. :mysmilie_51:

ecoegg 864 Washes Antibacterial White & Colour Laundry Eggs w/ Accessories

QVC Price: £22.00
Special price:£17.97
P&P: £4.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ecoegg-864-Was...tml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-804129

The award-winning ecoeggs are an environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic way of doing your laundry without using chemical-laden washing powder or liquid; with one egg for coloured clothes and one for your whites, they both feature an antibacterial coating infused with silver to help stop bacteria transferring between laundry loads and will last for hundreds of washes. Economical, eco-friendly and efficient, the ecoeggs will revolutionise the way you wash your clothes.

How they work - the ecoeggs contain scientifically formulated, patented and hypoallergenic cleaning pellets: these pellets naturally activate in the water to gently lift away dirt and grime, without using any harsh chemicals. Easy to use, simply place the ecoegg laundry egg on top of your laundry in the drum of your washing machine and wash as normal – no washing powder or liquid needed.

Long lasting - the kit lasts for up to an incredible 864 washes, making it just over twopence per wash! You can also use the kit for hand washing- even delicates. Just pre-soak the ecoegg in water for 20 minutes, then washas normal allowing water to flow through the ecoegg.

Clean from within - when using 'regular' detergents, the chemicals and perfumes mask the smell of build-up in your washing machine’s hard-to-reach pipes and crevices, so when you stop using chemical laden detergent, you may start to smell what's in your pipes. ecoegg’s detox tablets help break down powder and softener residue in your machine, targeting limescale and odours.

Essential extras - remove stains effortlessly with the powerful, multi-purpose ecoegg stain remover which comes in a supersize and is ideal for getting rid of tough stains on any fabric. The brand new ecoegg cups included in the kit are the perfect way to store your ecoeggs and prevent moisture build-up between uses. They will also make the eggs easy to find and stop them rolling about and getting lost.

Hypoallergenic and endorsed by Allergy UK, and working in partnership with the National Eczema Society
Officially dermatologically tested and suitable for people with sensitive skin
No pouring, no measuring, no mess
Safe to use with fabric softeners/conditioners and stain removers
Safe for all fabrics, even delicates
Works great on cool washes and can be used up to 60 degrees
Endorsed by TV personality Kim Woodburn
Winner of the top Gold Award for best Baby Skincare Product by Prima Baby & Pregnancy Magazine 2014

Fragrance options:
Orange Blossom (chosen by QVC viewers for this year and only available at QVC)
Spring Blossom
Fresh Linen
Jasmine
Ocean Breeze
Fragrance Free

What's in the box?
1 x Colour ecoegg
1 x White ecoegg
1 x supersize stain remover (270ml)
1 x washing machine detox tablet
2 x packs of tourmaline ceramic pellets
16 x packs of mineral pellets
2 x ecoegg cups
2 x instruction leaflets

How to use:
Simply place the ecoegg into the drum of your washing machine along with your laundry - no other liquids or powders are required
The egg will work at temperatures up to 60C, and is just as effective at 30C or 40C
It does not leave any residue as with powdered detergent, therefore there is no need for a rinse cycle saving you time and energy
The ecoegg will naturally soften fibres even in hard water, so no fabric softener is required, however fabric softener can be used with your ecoegg if desired

Behind the brand
ecoegg was born to create an alternative to chemical-laden laundry detergents - a product that's kind to skin as well as being natural, eco-friendly and efficient. Harnessing the power of nature, ecoegg provides innovative and effective laundry solutions.

I've not used it myself, but this confirms what I've heard from others. Maybe it works for 1 or 2 items, as someone's already said, but I've been told that for a family wash it's completely useless. I shop around for washing products and have used Aldi stuff, which I've found do the job as well as some of the well-known brands.

waste of money. does not clean the washing and washing still smells sweaty. not for me. and for the money you could but aldi/lidl washing products for a year or more. all best buys from which?

Oh dear I think I must be in a minority. I actually like the ecoegg:blush: Have had no problems using mine. That said my clothes generally don't get that dirty & I never overload my machine as I don't feel the clothes wash properly. Any tough stains on whites I soak in a little vanish oxi action or add a little to the wash. I always add 5 drops of essential oil in my drawer instead of fabric conditioner (you can also add a few drops to a cloth & put in the dryer). My clothes always come out smelling clean & fresh. I also love the ecoegg multi-purpose cleaner. I've saved a fortune not buying washing powder, fabric conditioner, glass cleaner, bathroom cleaner, kitchen cleaner, disinfectant etc etc

I mostly use washballs/eco egg as our clothes don't really get dirty (football and rowing kits have now left home with my son). I add a scoop of vanish if there's something to shift. A splash of white vinegar in the softener drawer works v well in place of Lenor or whatever...your clothes won't smell like chips honest. Now I know I'm in a minority because I hate the scents they add to washing powder and softeners...I can't cope with scented candles even before they're lit. :mysmilie_1:

I have the first Egg TSV, before they modified them to stay shut in the machine, so I just put the beads in one of those mesh drawstring bags designed for laundry tablets, inside the egg and never had a spillage since. They did add an extra catch to keep the later models shut.

I bought the very first version of the Ecoegg and found it useless but what I also disliked was the fact that even during rinses the egg was still in the machine therefore not actually rinsing the ingredients out of the clothes but actually rinsing more into them !
I`m a firm believer in eco laundry products, Faith in Nature laundry liquid is the best unperfumed one IMO and Ecos laundry liquid is the best if you like a touch of fragrance in your wash, neither of them need fabric softeners, both are very economical and both have the leaping bunny and no nasties in them. The ecoegg doesn`t come near them as far as I`m concerned.

Oh dear I think I must be in a minority. I actually like the ecoegg:blush: Have had no problems using mine. That said my clothes generally don't get that dirty & I never overload my machine as I don't feel the clothes wash properly. Any tough stains on whites I soak in a little vanish oxi action or add a little to the wash. I always add 5 drops of essential oil in my drawer instead of fabric conditioner (you can also add a few drops to a cloth & put in the dryer). My clothes always come out smelling clean & fresh. I also love the ecoegg multi-purpose cleaner. I've saved a fortune not buying washing powder, fabric conditioner, glass cleaner, bathroom cleaner, kitchen cleaner, disinfectant etc etc

Ditto! I use mine maybe 10 times ( at least!) a week. And I have never had the newer style ball come apart. I feel they get the clothes as clean as regular detergent but without the residue on the clothes. I can't smell any scent after one or two uses. But clothes do feel softer and I think there is less of a colour drain. It is much much much cheaper. And less hassle. If I ever do use regular detergent it really smells strongly on the clothes. The newer ball is much easier to open and fill as well.

Latest posts

Back