Easy Pay

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
There seems to have been a awful lot more of these this year in the run up to xmas.

Is QVC worried that people won't buy so much otherwise because of the credit crunch?

I'll admit that I bought a few things on EP during beauty day (and since!).

It does concern me though. How many people have splashed out on lots of things they can't really afford, only to be still paying for them in three months? Don't get me wrong - it's handy, but I wonder if it's leading some people to really overspend?:33::confused:

Oh and I also get a little annoyed at presenters continually saying "you can get this for only £11" etc.....NO it's STILL £33!!

Last edited:
There seems to have been a awful lot more of these this year in the run up to xmas.

Is QVC worried that people won't buy so much otherwise because of the credit crunch?

I'll admit that I bought a few things on EP during beauty day (and since!).

It does concern me though. How many people have splashed out on lots of things they can't really afford, only to be still paying for them in three months? Don't get me wrong - it's handy, but I wonder if it's leading some people to really overspend?:33::confused:

Oh and I also get a little annoyed at presenters continually saying "you can get this for only £11" etc.....NO it's STILL £33!!

I know exactly what you mean. I've been sucked in buy easy pay many times and have quite often found that the second and subsequent payments are due when I can ill afford it. It's really an updated version of the 'never never' and may encourage overspending by some which can't be good at this time of year.

I only buy on easy pay anyway. Have just been looking at the stuff i have had the last 6 months as it all gets put in a qvc drawer and lets just say, I wont have to be going Christmas shopping and so it does come in handy :32:

I only buy on easy pay anyway. Have just been looking at the stuff i have had the last 6 months as it all gets put in a qvc drawer and lets just say, I wont have to be going Christmas shopping and so it does come in handy :32:

Love it! Ali, Claire, Julia et al would be proud of you! :)

YES YES YES it encourages me to buy stuff that normally I wouldn't look twice at if I had to cough up the whole amount at the time. So I end up spending MUCH more on things that if I am being Honest I didn't really need.

There is a drawback though. I bought some lovely Honora pearl earrings on EP. the second payment is due this week, and due to a domestic disaster, I really can no longer afford them. so they have just gone back.

emailed CS explaining the situation and asked them not to take the second payment, to which they replied it was automatic but they would refund it! rang the bank to stop payment, and they said they can do nothing. so still have to find the second instalment even though I no longer have the earrings,and then wait for a refund.

I always thought that if you didn't have the money in your bank account then the payment would be declined by your bank and that way QVC couldn't have the money.

I always thought that if you didn't have the money in your bank account then the payment would be declined by your bank and that way QVC couldn't have the money.

Yeh but the bank will charge for you that.

I think they always offer more EP nearer christmas but this year there seems to be more, probably because folk arent buying as much due to credit crunch

It is odd that they have beauty items worth like £15 on easypay yet the tsv which is £100 is not????

I have only bought once on purpose using easy pay. I have done it two other times when I ordered on line and did it in error.

The one time I ordered deliberately was somw L'Occitane handwash on three 'crayzee eezzzi pays' of 8 pound odd. The payments were coming out and I had forgotten what they were for. Also, I usually only buy beauty stuff. I can't vear the thought of having used something up and still be paying for it.

I just don't buy now unless I have the money there and then. I just go without, or buy cheaper gifts if I can't afford.

Yeh but the bank will charge for you that.

I worked for Alliance & Leicester Bank until October 2007 and they don't charge for a declined debit card payment - it is only DD's, SO's and Cheques which attract a charge.

I am always forgetting which of my 3 debit cards I've used for my easy payments and I sometimes get phonecalls from CS asking me for alternative payment methods. At other times they have supposedly applied for an easy payment and had it declined by the bank even when there is money in the account. I have never been charged either by the bank or by QVC for any of them.

Latest posts

Back