Easiyo twaddle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Pippa asked guest what the top arrow meant on the container as she always gets confused. Guest said 800ml and the 1000ml is the top rim. Wrong. So she always gets a good consistency does she over filling the container, and no water residue? How long has she been making this stuff?

Pippa asked guest what the top arrow meant on the container as she always gets confused. Guest said 800ml and the 1000ml is the top rim. Wrong. So she always gets a good consistency does she over filling the container, and no water residue? How long has she been making this stuff?

I'm always very suspicious of how her yoghurt is always so thick :wonder: - mine only looks like that if I strain it?

I fill the container to the arrow mark - 800ml. I've been making EasiYo for years and they are always thick and creamy, if you want a real thick yoghurt try the new greek and coconut.

If you fill it to the top, as instructed, it just overflows when it heats up in the boiling water, and you have to clean up a smelly milky mess in the big container. I do mine about 1/4 inch below the rim.

I always fill mine above the line (like Strato) and it always comes out really thick, almost like that french style set yoghurt you can get. It's lurvely.

cant stand the sickly synthetic sugar laden stuff and mine never came out as thick as shown on tv..i tried the strawberry kit with 5 satchets. left it on the garden wall and someone took it....

I may not have mentioned it before, but I always make mine for 24 hours.

This is mainly for convenience, as I make it breakfast time, then use that one to make the next one at breakfast the next day.

I'm waiting for my advanced order of the coconut, it sounds really good.

I've manage to get my yoghurt nice and thick, but not thick enough to put on a scone without straining it!

Are you shaking it hard enough hon?? :muscle: I've found the best results come from a really long hard shake to thicken it up...:happy:

PPC you make me :blush: I wonder if there is a difference in results then because of water hardness/softness? I know they go on about room temp. Could we start a poll on your area to see if this is a possibility? I am Merseyside, watery result no matter if I use below arrow line or not.

Midlands, middle of the road water hardness, but it is filtered and straight from the filter tap. As PPC says, shake the bugger to within an inch of its life!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a water softener connected to the mains so maybe that does make some difference?? :wonder: But I was actually being serious about the manic shaking and it always comes out lovely and thick. :nod:

Yeah I believe the softer the better for yogurts. Where I am I get very little calcium in the kettle etc so actually my water is probably verging towards soft rather than middle.

I've found if you make it with bottled water it comes out "sticky", y'know like the toffee variety is?

The setting of yoghurt is, in my experience, completely seasonal it works consistently well in summer and consistently badly in winter,even using all the tricks with warming the water.

Midlands, middle of the road water hardness, but it is filtered and straight from the filter tap. As PPC says, shake the bugger to within an inch of its life!!

This is all getting a bit ooo er missis

I live in a hard water area and use water from my Brita water jug to make my yogurt, bringing the water to room temp with a little warm water from the kettle. I then use the electric whisk to mix the contents for several seconds, then leave it for 12 hours to set.

Latest posts

Back