Easiyo Problem

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dtb123

Registered Shopper
I've never had this problem before, made a batch last night in the usual way, this morning it had not set. Any ideas what could have gone wrong? The mix was in date, not that that usually matters.

Thanks

I've not used eaisyo for years, but vaguely remember having trouble getting one to set.
I think I used the same mix again, but changed the water in the outside container for hot again.
After the allotted time it set better.
It's worth a try

This is a tongue-in-cheek answer, but I make a litre every day, with 4 containers on the go at any one time.

The other day, I prepared my new litre, but got the jars mixed up. I put the new, unmade yogurt into the fridge, and the recently made one back into the yogurt maker.

Later in the day, when I got the yogurt out of the fridge, it was totally liquid, and it took me a while to work out what had happened.

Could this have happened to you?

This is a tongue-in-cheek answer, but I make a litre every day, with 4 containers on the go at any one time.

The other day, I prepared my new litre, but got the jars mixed up. I put the new, unmade yogurt into the fridge, and the recently made one back into the yogurt maker.

Later in the day, when I got the yogurt out of the fridge, it was totally liquid, and it took me a while to work out what had happened.

Could this have happened to you?

Nope, only have one on the go at a time.

I've just made a new batch and put the maker closer to the kitchen radiator, hopefully tonight I should have a nice set yogurt.

As I've posted many times, I make the next litre using 10g of the previous one. The current batch was started about 3 years ago and is well over the 1000th litre from the original Easiyo starter. All plain, of course, not flavoured.

When it's really cold like at the moment (-1 here in Scotland) I add some boiling water from the kettle into the inside container so that the water isn't too cold. If the water from the tap is too cold I find the yoghurt doesn't set.

If this ever happens, I just refill the container with boiling water, and leave for the required time. Turns out okay. Haven't had this problem for years.

Ive never had a great deal of luck with the low fat ones no matter where purchased but since its the lovely thick Greek coconut ones which are my favs then its not really a problem

Just lately I have had trouble getting them to set and I wonder if, somehow they have changed the formula, as since I've used the new packet design they don't set. I live in Spain so cold water is not the problem. I bought mine from Lakeland and H&B.

The batch I pepared this morning has set :mysmilie_8: I used room temp water from the britta, wrapped in a teatowel and sat it close (not touching) to the radiator. Thanks for all the replies. :mysmilie_59:

I just posted this on another thread about the new mini easiyo yoghurt maker... Lakeland had a review saying they couldn't get one of the new mini mixes to set and the lakeland customer services responded with the following (bless them for their amazing customer services!):
A note from the team

"Thank you for placing your review. We're sorry these sachets haven't worked as well as expected. We would recommend adding a tablespoon or two of natural yoghurt from a previous batch to the mix and depending on the room temperature leaving to set a few hours longer. We hope this helps if you try again."

My house is like a furnace so I never have any problems with the yoghurt setting,my fav is the rhubarb.

Latest posts

Back