EasiYo - as tasty as everyone says or as horrid as it looks?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tia can you elaborate please?

do you use all milk instead of water?

i have a couple of sets ordered from QVC which have a lot of plain/greek which i would like to flavour so the vanilla idea sounds good. does using milk shorten the 2 week fridge-life?

Hi BurlyBear!
I don't use water at all, I use semi skimmed milk instead, but make sure it is room temperature and it will set beautifully. The yogurt is more creamy and lovely. Full fat milk is of course even creamier, if you like this and you don't have to watch your waistline lol

The milk does not shorten the 2 week fridge life, but the yoghurt is so yummy you will finish it in a couple of days I am sure.
I add a few drops of vanilla before shaking the mixture, and the result is a soft very natural vanilla taste.

Last edited:
Thanks very much to everyone for all this - really helpful - may well give it a go. I know what fabulous consumers frequent this site so knew it was the place to come for reliable opinions!

Cavegirl - just had to say - much empathy coming from me on this - hope you're doing well at the moment - your writing *always* makes me smile, I come on here hoping you've posted xx

That's proper sweet of you to say! Thank you so much. I have to say that this place is a real lifeline for me. It's full of fab people like yourself who, no matter how bad I'm feeling ALWAYS cheer me up. Even just popping on here to browse and read stuff helps when things are bad...

And best o'luck with the Easi-Yo, if I can force it into my gob, without whinging - anyone can :wink:

i loved the mango flavour (it was only available from lakeland) but stopped making it as i have tried to cut out all refined sugar...that said, i would highly recommend it....if you have any trouble getting it to set, then do consider an electric yogurt maker which i found made the whole process fool proof!

I love Easiyo but do find that some of the flavoured ones can be a bit slimy as can the custard ones. I like the greek natural (Lakeland do a greek with honey which can be slimy so I avoid that one) strawberry, raspberry and lemon and it also makes me feel really clever coz I can make yoghurt!!!

I wonder if it's improved since I last tried it about 3 years ago.I found most of them to be horribly slimey and just wrong somehow.

Sorry off topic from EasiYo, but if you love creamy yoghurt and the taste of coconut you must try this Onken limited editiion, it's really delish.

I can't contemplate eating anything called a 'squirt'. The name just meakes me feel queasy.

Latest posts

Back