Dyson heater recall

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Sorry if this info has already been posted but I`ve only just seen it on Mail online ..can`t do links ..sorry....oops it did it!
Dyson recalls one MILLION heaters over fire risk fears after short circuit problems detected in two of its models
The recall of the AM04 and AM05 models was issued on their website
A 'small number' short circuited causing a small fire
The British company stressed that other models are unaffected
No-one has been injured as a result of the fault

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oblems-detected-two-models.html#ixzz2zguMY2rO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There was discussion about this some weeks ago but it was in a Dyson thread so not one dedicated to the recall. I did bump the thread a couple of times so people could read it. Mine had to go back and am waiting for the return. I don't think they did a very good recall myself as I only saw a small article about it in the Mail, there were no large adverts that I saw anywhere else and nothing on the front of their website, nor on Q.

Mine also went back. I got an e-mail on Monday saying it had been serviced and was on its way back to me but it hasn't arrived yet. I expect it will come with Parcel Force.

That is good news! I did ring the help line as they gave no indication of how long they would take and they told me to allow up to six weeks. I shall be in hot pursuit.......

That is good news! I did ring the help line as they gave no indication of how long they would take and they told me to allow up to six weeks. I shall be in hot pursuit.......

I saw it here first but then subsequently got an email from Amazon (where we bought it) giving the link to the Dyson website. Which was nice.

Thanks for the update re the timescale - let's hope we don't get a cold snap before we get ours returned!

Slightly off-topic (still on the dyson heater!) but aside from this slightly scary fault (surprising given dyson supposed to all about quality engineering!), do you think the dyson heater/cooler is worth the huge price tag? I have a chronic illness and suffer badly with maintaining temperature so if it's amazing it would be worth it. I'm particularly interested in be fan/cooling side of things. More keen on cooling ability rather than look etc! Thanks.

I have the hot/cool fan. I also have the circular Dyson cool only fan. The hot/cool one, in my opinion, is not quite as efficient at cooling as the cool only one. However, the remote control feature is very useful, especially when you are in bed. Probably a conventional blade fan is a lot more "cooling" but I find they dry my eyeballs out and I don't like the buffeting effect of the air stream. The Dyson air stream doesn't do that. I like the hot feature on the hot/cool version. It is very adjustable and warms the air very quickly. Again the remote control feature is a bonus.

Sorry TotallyLoupy Lou didn't answer your first question re value for money. It is expensive, I agree, but there are no other dual fans on the market. I always think Dyson is a good choice as the design, engineering, ease of use is good. Even though this model of fan seems to be an exception. PS had an email to say my fan is on the way back to me as its rogue part has been replaced.

I got my Dyson fan back today, having sent it back on the 26th March, so if anyone is wondering it was a one month turnaround. I did not get an email to tell me it was on its way though. (I also did not get an email from my retailer, unlike from Amazon, and in fact I rang the store to tell them about the recall.)

I'm still waiting for mine even though I received an e-mail last Monday saying it was on its way. Did yours come Parcel Force?

Latest posts

Back