Dyson AM10 Humidifier TSV 03/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who on earth needs a humidifier? Just putting a clothes horse of damp washing in a room should solve any dryness problem.

I agree, almost anything can be used as a humidifier, even boiling a kettle, or having a bath or shower.

Normally, you need to dehumidify, I have been using one regularly for about 20 years.

Dyson AM10 Humidifier & Fan with Ultraviolet Cleanse Technology & Remote Control
Item Number: 804621
QVC Price £484.00
Today's Special Value Price £399.96
P&P £0.00

Dyson's AM10 humidifier features Ultraviolet Cleanse technology so that every drop of water is exposed to an anti-bacterial ultraviolet light before any mist is projected into the room - this technology has been thoroughly tested and shown to kill 99.9% of E.coli within the water tank; the Air Multiplier technology then evenly disperses this humidified air quickly and quietly. Super quiet and with accurate climate control too, this innovative Dyson humidifier is ideal for hydrating dry air for a more comfortable environment in your home all year round.

Why choose a Humidifier? Maintaining the recommended level of humidity in your home has been shown to support comfort and wellbeing. Exposure to dry air can affect the health of adults and children, and those suffering from allergies. So if you suffer from dry skin, wake up with dry eyes or throat or have started to feel a little chill in the mornings, this humidifier is the product for you.

How it works - air is drawn in through the inlets in the base of the machine, passing over an intelligent thermostat and humidistat which accurately monitor the room's temperature and humidity. The mist is then released from one aperture while the air is accelerated through a second aperture.

From season to season - during the colder months, central heating systems can dry out the air in your home environment, while air conditioning units do the same thing in summer. The Dyson Humidifier works throughout the year to create a more comfortable home environment, and additionally can be used as a cooling fan that delivers high-velocity air when the temperature rises.

Accurate climate control - the Intelligent Climate Control measures both the temperature and humidity of the air and helps calculate the amount of moisture needed to maintain the most comfortable level of hydration you have set for your room, so it never over-hydrates the air. The included remote control is easy to use with 10 precise airflow settings, and is curved and magnetised to store neatly on top of the machine.

Perfect for night-long comfort - hydrating dry air in bedrooms can make for a more comfortable night's sleep. Dyson's humidifier can be used continuously for 18 hours, and the sleep timer means you can also set it to turn off after you have fallen asleep. It has also been acoustically engineered to be quiet and has been awarded the Quiet Mark by the Noise Abatement Society.

What's in the box?

Dyson AM10 Humidifier in White/Silver
Remote control

Technical specifications:

Capacity: 3L
Power source: mains electrical three-pin plug
Voltage: 230V
Wattage: 55W
Humidifier (h x w x d): 57.9cm x 24cm x 13.5cm (22.7" x 9.4" x 5.3")
Weight: 3.4kg

Behind the brand
Founded by James Dyson in 1992, this pioneering British company produces everything from bagless vacuums that don't lose suction to innovative bladeless fans.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804621

What will Dale say? I am wondering what 'buy now while stocks last and two for your present drawer' spiel any of Q's presenters will come up with to sell the humidifier.
We live on a little damp island. I regularly live in India for months at a time, and have been there during the dry heat season in temperatures above 40 degrees. I have almost sold my soul for air conditioning, but never, ever, needed a humidifier, as plonking a dish of water in front of a fan solves any dry air problem.

I was thinking of inventive ways a presenter might try to persuade us to part with over £400, and could think of some lines for DF and co. But when I looked up the tv guide and found it was Dale presenting, I was completely stuck. If he has any personality or verbal habits, they have passed me by. All I can recall over the last few years is that he was in some advert for QVC, drinking wine. Will he say that we need the humidifier for our wine cellars? Maybe to keep our fine art collection from drying out?

I will pass on this TSV. I live near Manchester, I just open a window to let the drizzle in.

You hardly ever get truly DRY air in the UK, even in hot weather it often feels "close" and humid.

But I suppose I could buy one, and stand my dehumidifier next to it :)

You hardly ever get truly DRY air in the UK, even in hot weather it often feels "close" and humid.

But I suppose I could buy one, and stand my dehumidifier next to it :)

That's a whole new line of QVC selling tactics. The possibilities are endless. Richard Jackson's flowers grown to enormous size with Miracle Grow, cut them down with Kuhn Rikon shears. Hair straightened with one set of straighteners, turn it curly with our curling irons. Grow your hair with Philip Kingsley shampoo, get rid of it with No-No.

Can you imagine what AY could do, with one set of presteege products to counter the effects of presteege products which do the opposite?

Mr Akimbo and our son both had asthma and even though we lived on the North West coast they were advised that humid air would help but we boiled a kettle and left the bowl in the bedroom, simples! Then we had condensation issues, but it was before those Window Vacuums came out...maybe they'll be an upsell from the TSV!

I had to search to page two of these columns to find this thread. Nobody had posted on the TSV since the previous afternoon. This is the first time I can remember, in many weeks of reading this site, that the TSV has not been on the first page, the day it appeared on QVC. Am I wrong about this? Or has the TSV aroused the resounding wave of apathy among viewers of QVC and commentators here that I thought might happen?

It only needs the slightest increase in humidity to get my hair going frizzy. I can't even use a steam iron!!! My money is safe.

I've just watched the midnight presentation.

One of the home trialers said that it reduced condensation on her windows.

This makes no senses at all. Perhaps she thought it was a DEhumidifier and just wanted to give a good review.

Dale replied, in a sort of surprised voice to her comment, "Well, there you go!"

I've just watched the midnight presentation.

One of the home trialers said that it reduced condensation on her windows.

This makes no senses at all. Perhaps she thought it was a DEhumidifier and just wanted to give a good review.

Dale replied, in a sort of surprised voice to her comment, "Well, there you go!"

Look, you get a present, worth £400. As a well brought up boy, Stratobuddy, you would say that it was just what you always wanted, and it did just what you think your kind Aunt or Uncle intended it to do. The fact that they bought you a tin of maths rulers, protractors, dividers and compasses to help you do well at school, and you used them to stick into little girls and make them cry does not mean you should not thank them for giving you the weapons. Kind Uncle Dale would have to also be polite back to you, when bewildered at your use of the hard pointy things.

I was just getting ready for bed last night when I caught a glimpse of the TSV. At first I must have read the description as DE-humidifier and fan. Then I realised it was actually humidifier and I just thought "what?, why?, who would spend that kind of money? I still really don't get it and can't imagine there has been huge sales on this.

It's 7 pm and Jill F is in full waffle mode. "I have thought for a long time that houses should come with these built in".

No, I bet it never crossed your mind until you had to present the machine that British houses ought to have a machine built in to add moisture to the air, thus increasing the problems of mould and condensation which most houses are prone to.

Why is she wearing the kind of outfit that the Principal Boy in Panto wears, except in Panto the boy is played by a girl with great legs?

Latest posts

Back