Duck Eggs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
I can't remember the last time I encountered a ducks egg, however from memory im sure it was white.

However for the last few months everything shown on Q which happens to be a hue of blue or green gets described as "duck egg".

I'm sure there ARE some breeds of duck which produce a blue egg but I'd venture that 99% of Q's velour tracksuit brigade haven't seen one.

Not according to ocado they're not!

image.jpg

I've never seen a "duck egg blue" duck's egg. Most of them are white. Some are very pale blue or pale green but mainly they're white. Goose eggs are white too.

Oddly hen's eggs can be duck egg blue. Funny old world innit?

But you wouldn't expect a bear to know that would you
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Well bears can be quite clever. Like knowing what porridge to eat and what chair to sit in. However, when it comes to eggs???

Sorry Burls LOL. I'm being mean and I LOVE IT. :devil:

I'm a big fan of duck eggs - yum! (I don't have velour track suit)

If you can get them locally, straight from the duck so to speak they are sometimes a pale blue/green. Mostly though, especially commercially produced, they are a sort of off-white. They are very tasty. :tongue:

Note to bakers - they are very good for making cakes. :cake:

All the ones I've ever had have been that kind of blue/green duck eggy colour. However, there may be white ones.

The ducks of my acquaintance lay blue eggs. I take your point Burlz, Robin's egg blue is something I haven't personally verified so I just have to trust in the existence of avian integrity.

The ducks of my acquaintance lay blue eggs. I take your point Burlz, Robin's egg blue is something I haven't personally verified so I just have to trust in the existence of avian integrity.

And what about your tracksuit Vamps?

I'd like to give a big shout out to Eau de Nil, as an alternative to DEB.

And what about your tracksuit Vamps?

I'd like to give a big shout out to Eau de Nil, as an alternative to DEB.

My one and only dalliance with a track suit was as a leaving hospital earlier than expected outfit. Primark, lilac, under a tenner, was on my being less than 2 hours.

Love Eau de Nil but I think of everything in terms of makeup and though I adore the gelato pastels they don't love me back.

I'm sure you look lovely in them though.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of duck eggs - yum!
If you can get them locally, straight from the duck so to speak they are sometimes a pale blue/green.

I now have a vision of you crouched down in a barn with your outstretched hands cupped together behind a ducks a*se waiting to catch an egg
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

My OH loves to eat duck eggs but I think they are vile they taste fishy to me. Most of the duck eggs we get are whitish in colour but some are various shades of pale blue, I suppose different breeds of duck produce different colour egg shell as do wild birds.

it's one of my fav colours but i remember when i told a friend i was painting my kitchen duck egg, she said 'white?'. lol

i couldn't eat them. as a veggie i'm a bit funny about eggs anyway and one day i was at my friend's house when she was using them for cooking and what she said they reminded her of, put me right off (don't ask).

Latest posts

Back