DSR

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharon-s

Registered Shopper
Hi, I know this has been discussed many times before and I have tried searching but the search seems to be playing up for me this morning as it is not finding anything
Anyway, my question is, could someone kindly briefly explain the rules if DSR to me please, I ordered something on beauty day which was on advance orders for mid May, this morning I came to my senses and decided to cancel but it has already been shipped, I can't refuse delivery as it will probably be delivered when I am at work and left in a safe place
I thought of returning under DSR but have never done that before
Thank you

You just need to send an email to customer services saying 'DSR return'. If you go to the customer care bit at the top right of the home page and follow the bits about returns. You do have to pay postage back but in this case it may be worth trying to ask for a prepaid label as it's been processed earlier than expected. Worth a go. You do get original postage refunded this way.

As long as it is within seven days of receipt of the item, you contact QVC, tell them you are returning the item under DSR and are entitled to your postage also. This is the law because, fundamentally, you have not been able to physically see the item, hold it, examine it, as you could if you had bought it in a shop. If the item is faulty you are, obviously, entitled to request a prepaid label, or have it collected. You won't have a problem.

Also make sure that QVC do, in fact, give you the original p & p back. I let them know by email that I am returning under the DSR, and want my original p & p back, but I have lost count of the number of times that they have not done this, and I have had to email them again to ask for it back.

Also make sure that QVC do, in fact, give you the original p & p back. I let them know by email that I am returning under the DSR, and want my original p & p back, but I have lost count of the number of times that they have not done this, and I have had to email them again to ask for it back.

What is DSR please ? As this has happened to me too.:mysmilie_51:

If you have any problem with an order, you are within your rights to refuse to take delivery of said item. Depending upon the reason for refusal, postage may or may not be refunded. Customer services at QVC have, in the past, told me not to accept delivery, which I did, and received a full refund, including postage.

just to add...

You can refuse delivery of any order (not just advanced orders shipped early).

The cancellation has to be in writing so don't just phone them. You can use the online"contact us" form but tick the box to request a reply. Alternatively email from your own email account to [email protected] which at least gives you a copy of the email sent.

It's easier to refuse deliveries via courier rather than Royal Mail deliveries I've found. Any parcel that's just left on the doorstep you'd have to take in and contact them again. I wouldn't wait for them to attempt delivery, cancel it now and with any luck you'll intercept the courier as he tries to drop it off.

I've had to send stuff back and they now tell you to put it in writing (email) but will make a note on your records if you have told them on the phone. I always write the total amount including P&P on the returns form and so far have had no problems.

Latest posts

Back