Don't talk with your mouth full, Jill

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mina

Registered Shopper
I tuned in just before 9am, at the end of the midnight Kenwood show, to barely hear what Jill Franks was saying, her mouth was so full of melon or something. Whatever. (Melon: fruit, but full of sugar, and this from the High Priestess of Healthy Eating). She was slurping and chewing and couldn't get the words out and actually said she wanted this edited out in favour of an earlier show. Both she and the Brand Ambassador ended the show unable to talk for giggling. Very unprofessional, not to mention disgusting, and I hope no small children were watching because this is exactly what parents teach their children not to do.

My advice based on previous experience is to wait till this Kenwood is sold on amazon (other marketplaces are available) because QVC have a habit of buying up most if not all of the new stock of something, putting their own price on it and making it sound like a good deal. Not that there aren't cheaper alternatives anyway.

I tuned in just before 9am, at the end of the midnight Kenwood show, to barely hear what Jill Franks was saying, her mouth was so full of melon or something. Whatever. (Melon: fruit, but full of sugar, and this from the High Priestess of Healthy Eating). She was slurping and chewing and couldn't get the words out and actually said she wanted this edited out in favour of an earlier show. Both she and the Brand Ambassador ended the show unable to talk for giggling. Very unprofessional, not to mention disgusting, and I hope no small children were watching because this is exactly what parents teach their children not to do.

My advice based on previous experience is to wait till this Kenwood is sold on amazon (other marketplaces are available) because QVC have a habit of buying up most if not all of the new stock of something, putting their own price on it and making it sound like a good deal. Not that there aren't cheaper alternatives anyway.
The whole show was a carcrash. Jill was, as usual, a total waste of air. Each demonstrator was having to fight to get through what they wanted to say while she spouted garbage over the top of them. I watched most of it as I do often get ideas for items I already have, but she really really is awful. I happened to catch her earlier with some awful Rodial glow stuff that they said sold out (strangely enough it is still for sale today), but I couldn't understand how anyone would buy it after watching the demo. The model they were putting it on looked appalled and Jill put it on herself and made her make up look even worse than it normally does. How on earth the powers that be think she enhances sales is beyond me. Good sales must be despite Jill, not because of her.
Sorry, rant over :(

Hasn’t she got a home to go to? At the moment she’s on constantly! Presenters work patterns seem to be on a rotation, they do about 5 days on, then we get another lot for the next few days etc etc. Jill doesn’t seem to have a break. Actually,I don’t mind her , but she can be annoying with her constant over familiarity with guests, kissing and hugging, gasping and gulping, and love,love,loving everything and everybody . She must be doing something right in the eyes of the powers that be, or is it that they have trouble finding presenters?

Hasn’t she got a home to go to? At the moment she’s on constantly! Presenters work patterns seem to be on a rotation, they do about 5 days on, then we get another lot for the next few days etc etc. Jill doesn’t seem to have a break. Actually,I don’t mind her , but she can be annoying with her constant over familiarity with guests, kissing and hugging, gasping and gulping, and love,love,loving everything and everybody . She must be doing something right in the eyes of the powers that be, or is it that they have trouble finding presenters?
I certainly don't dislike her, and agree with you about how she toadies to some of the more influential BA's. She's much more interesting, however, than, say, dull Jilly or limp Will who just chug on and on doing their job OK but with little personality.

The whole show was a carcrash. Jill was, as usual, a total waste of air. Each demonstrator was having to fight to get through what they wanted to say while she spouted garbage over the top of them. I watched most of it as I do often get ideas for items I already have, but she really really is awful. I happened to catch her earlier with some awful Rodial glow stuff that they said sold out (strangely enough it is still for sale today), but I couldn't understand how anyone would buy it after watching the demo. The model they were putting it on looked appalled and Jill put it on herself and made her make up look even worse than it normally does. How on earth the powers that be think she enhances sales is beyond me. Good sales must be despite Jill, not because of her.
I watched the Rodial show, and enjoyed it. The BA was particularly interesting to listen to and to watch. He was calm and efficient and worked well with Jill. I could see or hear nothing wrong with her presentation. But I agree that the model did not have a happy expression. The Rodial line is expensive, but I liked the lip products and might buy some of them. (If the same BA was presenting with A Young, I would turn the TV off.

I didn't watch this presentation. I agree it's bad manners to talk with your mouth full of food and to interrupt and talk over people. If I lived with people who behaved like this, I'd tell them to shape-up, but when it's for a few minutes on TV, I don't think it's disgusting. Although I didn't watch, I think she and the BA's were having fun, and that's always nice to see.

Tch

I watched Jill's presentation this morning and thought it was funny. I don't think she did anything that wrong.

I certainly don't dislike her, and agree with you about how she toadies to some of the more influential BA's. She's much more interesting, however, than, say, dull Jilly or limp Will who just chug on and on doing their job OK but with little personality.

I watched the Rodial show, and enjoyed it. The BA was particularly interesting to listen to and to watch. He was calm and efficient and worked well with Jill. I could see or hear nothing wrong with her presentation. But I agree that the model did not have a happy expression. The Rodial line is expensive, but I liked the lip products and might buy some of them. (If the same BA was presenting with A Young, I would turn the TV off.

More and more lately I've found Jilly to be so boring, I'm sure she's a lovely person but goodness her presenting is dull, like you say. And Will, who I initially thought was ok, I've now realised isn't very good. But the one who really bores me rigid is Charlie, no wonder his nickname is mogadon Charlie. And then of course there is Ophelia, I'll say no more.

More and more lately I've found Jilly to be so boring, I'm sure she's a lovely person but goodness her presenting is dull, like you say. And Will, who I initially thought was ok, I've now realised isn't very good. But the one who really bores me rigid is Charlie, no wonder his nickname is mogadon Charlie. And then of course there is Ophelia, I'll say no more.
They must be completely fed up to the back teeth standing in front of the cameras praising brands that they really care little about, and it's starting to show. I don't think Jilly concentrates on her tablet as much as Will does during presentations. It's too much of a good gig for them ever to leave, however.

I couldn't agree more with you. I watched 10 minutes of the Rodial show and she was beyond appalling. Came out with utter sh***. Once again I switched off. How management think her spouting " we don't see enough of this brand" over and over sells anything. She had no useful input whatsoever. IMO it's time she went.

Personally I think over the years she's got worse. She doesn't seem to care about her appearance anymore, perhaps it's the influence of all the younger presenters, but she looks a mess with her straggly hair and floor sweeping trousers. Elegance went out the door with Claudia and then Ali Keenan.

To everyone who thinks the last few minutes I witnessed (I didn't see the whole programme) of chewing, talking with her mouth full, not able to talk for giggling, is okay in a shopping telly presenter, how would you feel if your local Tesco operator chewed, talked with their mouth full, had a laugh with the checkout operator next to them and ignored you for the few minutes you were at the till because they were laughing too much?

It's not the same? Of course it is! Both of them are selling, face to face, and selling not just what you might buy, but also selling their brand of QVC, Tesco, Sainsburys, M&S etc etc so you'll return and buy more off them. What is different is the Tesco etc operators can't edit so that's the impression you'd be left with of their brand.

I remember when Charlie Brook was the human hoover (he might still be, for all I know, because I rarely watch him as I find him boring). If there was food being flogged, he would be filling his face throughout the whole presentation. It was like watching an incinerator do its' work, and really annoying. He'd be either speaking with his mouth full or just nodding his head, agreeing with everything the Brand Ambassador was saying, lack of any information or questions about the product. That isn't what I'd call a professional presentation and I was amazed he got away with it.

I couldn't agree more with you. I watched 10 minutes of the Rodial show and she was beyond appalling. Came out with utter sh***. Once again I switched off. How management think her spouting " we don't see enough of this brand" over and over sells anything. She had no useful input whatsoever. IMO it's time she went.
Definitely agree wish she would retire.

I remember when Charlie Brook was the human hoover (he might still be, for all I know, because I rarely watch him as I find him boring). If there was food being flogged, he would be filling his face throughout the whole presentation. It was like watching an incinerator do its' work, and really annoying. He'd be either speaking with his mouth full or just nodding his head, agreeing with everything the Brand Ambassador was saying, lack of any information or questions about the product. That isn't what I'd call a professional presentation and I was amazed he got away with it.
Still is!!!

Talking of Amazon, they have a ‘Prime’ event on 16 & 17 July. There’s usually good deals to be had for anyone with the Prime subscription. Free p&p and 1-2 day delivery.

Latest posts

Back