Does Anyone Have the Famous QVC Present Drawer/ Cupboard

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't have one, I prefer to buy as needed.. so am I the minority or the majority:wave2:

I tend to buy as needed too though I can be panicked as when I thought there would be no more Models Prefer eyebrow pencils and managed to get my hands on 11 of them - I feel safe now!

Like Fairy, I buy bargains when I see them, especially gadgets for my husband, which I hide away, but apart from that, no.

I have a box under my bed and things get shoved in there, but they are not from QVC, it's only for Christmas tho, as that's my way of staggering the cost. Other presents are bought as needed. Also save up for the food\drink on an Asda card, I start in August and shove a fiver on it wach time I go in there, it soon mounts up. Plus as you hit certain amounts they add a few extra quid.

I used to from QVC but stopped it a long time ago:angel:. The only things I stockpile is my Yankee Candles (not QVC) as I order them every few months and it keeps my postage costs down:cash:. Beauty/body products etc I'll only buy if I need them or it's a huge saving on an existing product I use(not many of these on QVC these days:sad:). I start my Christmas shopping in September and will buy things for my family but not QVC. :flower:

I have a box under my bed and things get shoved in there, but they are not from QVC, it's only for Christmas tho, as that's my way of staggering the cost. Other presents are bought as needed. Also save up for the food\drink on an Asda card, I start in August and shove a fiver on it wach time I go in there, it soon mounts up. Plus as you hit certain amounts they add a few extra quid.

I do this with gift vouchers! Buy them from Next/JL & M&S with some itunes ones nearer Christmas. I decide nearer the time to either give the vouchers or use them to buy actual gifts.:hi:

:thinking2:Well I have to admit to having a stockpile of yankee tarts.. prefer them to the candles, don't buy them from qvc, they just don't have enough of a tart range on there..... perhaps I should buy a few things whilst I'm out and about... you got me thinking now :thinking2:

:thinking2:Well I have to admit to having a stockpile of yankee tarts.. prefer them to the candles, don't buy them from qvc, they just don't have enough of a tart range on there..... perhaps I should buy a few things whilst I'm out and about... you got me thinking now :thinking2:

Temptation is always round the corner GT!:tongue2: I love tarts but with the dog, I can't:sad:

I do have a present box but not stocked with qvc items!! I buy bits and bobs if I see things that are real bargain and thats normally just high street bits

Unintentionally, yes. Being a loyal farter I had pledged to work through the stockpile of skincare in my wardrobe although this stockpile is also seen as (and has been used as) a pressie store. I have all my sister's Christmas gifts sorted out in there.

I have got that "qvc/shopping channel" cupboard, but it's not choc full of presents, it's full of stuff I thought were "must haves" at the time...but turned out to be white elephants. Only yesterday I was clearing out some cupboard space, and came across an entire dinner service, some "space saver" hanger thingys, a handheld paper shredder and a pair of earrings..time for a bootsale I think!

I do! (But it's not QVC exclusively!)

Buying things for other people is one of my biggest downfalls I think. You can't feel guilty about buying somebody a pressie now can you???? :D

Somehow I can effortlessly extrapolate the gift loophole into "Ooh my daughter will like that cute lipgloss in her stocking, so therefore I'll buy the whole £50 inc postage set then..... Even though it's 11 months until Christmas"

Thank goodness for F.A.R.T.S - that's all I can say!

All that's in there at the moment is a Barbie Teaset for my niece for Christmas, and some L'Occitane smellies for my Mum - for Christmas or whenever she needs cheering up, whichever comes round sooner.

I bought a QVC kit once and gave one bit to a colleague for her birthday and another bit to my sister in law for her birthday and then discovered that one of the pieces I planned to keep was faulty and needed to be returned....

......so.......... :blush:

....and I can't quite believe I did this.... :eek:

.....but I was really really mad.......... :angry:

.....and they both totally understood....... :cheeky: :p

I asked for the presents back
so that I could return the whole kit! :eek::eek::eek:

Customer Services made me!!!

Even though they had the individual product in stock they wouldn't send me a replacement so I needed the whole set in order to get a refund.

My sister in law got so cross about it that she hasn't shopped with QVC since.

(But I got over it. :D)

I have a gift drawer but its usually earmarked items for people which i get when i see them

I have got that "qvc/shopping channel" cupboard, but it's not choc full of presents, it's full of stuff I thought were "must haves" at the time...but turned out to be white elephants. Only yesterday I was clearing out some cupboard space, and came across an entire dinner service, some "space saver" hanger thingys, a handheld paper shredder and a pair of earrings..time for a bootsale I think!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I have one too!...mainly for Xmas gifts...

I buy things throughout the year as I see them with friends in mind, as I hate that mad rush in November/December when the shops are heaving...

and then I get annoyed when I see all the stuff i've bought get reduced...yet I still do it, year in year out....

I have a pressy drawer / cupboard where I store items I have bought, sometimes not for anyone in particular, but just 'cos they took my fancy.

I tend to purchase from many places.

Thing is, I forget what I have bought / hidden sometimes and end up finding them after the event.

Latest posts

Back