Does anyone feel the same as me? gems has lost its sparkle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I stopped buying early in 2008. The main reason was the shipping charges to Northern Ireland went up to £12+, and I just refused to pay that. Then Gems dropped shipping to £10+ but I still refused to pay that. I did look online now and then but the prices had gone up really high and when you added on the higher shipping it was just a big NO. The gold weight much lower and far more expensive, I had a cut off weight when deciding to buy a ring. Too much silver and really stupid prices for what you were getting.

I was never a big Gems watcher on tv, did catch some shows with presenters I enjoyed. I totally agreed when Steve left it just died. Now I do sometimes flick to Gems on ad breaks for a quick nose and the rubbish I seem to catch is unbelievible. Boring, or designs I would not be seen dead in.

I have not gone to other channels either. Don't get the TJC or Rocks on Virgin. Cannot be bothered with RocksTV either, sitting watch on the computer and the prices on Coloured Rocks are too high for what you get.

I get my fixes from ebay. Yes, that is right. With the recession lots of people are selling their Gems items, some do ask silly prices to start. But I have picked up some great bargins, I know what I am looking for and what I am will to pay before I look. Yes you cannot return, but you read and look at the photo carefully before deciding. I have bought large Kyanite, Peach Sapphire, Sunstone and Aquamarine, and Blue Spinel rings in the low £20s. They all were as good as new and had their detail cards with them too.

i agree with you i must have spent thousands up until 18 months ago but the bling i bought in the first couple of years was superb and as good today as when i bought it COME ON GEMS BOSSES MAIL SOME OF YOUR FORMER BUYERS LISTEN TOO US WE MISS THE OLD GEMS OF GOOD BLING FUN PRESENTERS AND DECENT PRICES
I'd just like to add to my previous post to say that everything I kept that I bought from Gems in the past is still looking as good as it did the day I got it. No lost stones or anything. It's only fair that I say this as although I can moan for Scotland I also believe in praise where praise is due.

i got an email from them 2 days ago thanking me for joining gems and giving me 10% of my first order i first ordered from them in 2006 obviously once seen always forgotten

its a shame cos i used to rave about them, bought masses of rings, cust service was great. now its all dross.
bring back decent diamonds at a reasonable price, emeralds you can see thru not milky, rubies and sapphires with real colour not just this rubbish.
as for moissonite, dear oh dear oh dear. did they get bought out by ideal world or what? gems people GEMS! mined in the earth, properly set and reasonably delivered. too much to ask?

all the jewellery i bought back in 2007, i love, and i bought a beautiful flamingo topaz ring last august, but its just since this year the jewellery that i have bought, has given me problems. I bought a Yasahara necklance and earrings last summer, i love the necklace, its amerthyst and citrine, the earrings go beautifully with necklace, thats why i bought them, but after wearing the earrings for only a few hours, my ears were sore; thats why i buy gold/silver because my ears are so testy! Years ago, when the leather thong necklaces were all in vogue, with either the celtic signs for your birth sign, etc, i got given one as a present, wore it, and my neck came up, i looked like i had the bubonic plague! i was a scarey mary with that! lol thats why i wont even consider buying the Pilgrim jewellery, my skin would erupt with blisters! :43::11:
:10: xxx

Latest posts

Back