Do The Presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if the presenters choose what time of day they work?

Just Dale seemed to be having a dig a number of times today, about doing the Morning Show.
Starting by saying he'd slept overnight in his dressing room and that Kathy had woke him to come on air.
Saying that the Morning Show was in fact her show, thank goodness Kathy doesn't moan about having to be up early.
After joking saying he'd be going back to bed later in the day cause he'd been up so early.
He then went on with NN Sam, how bad it was that they put him on presenting a featherbed, when he just wanted to get back in his.

I hope the planner/presenter manager was watching and taking the hint.
Or rather in DF case I do hope he or she is not sadistic, or he could find himself accompanying Kathy on the Morning Show, a little more than he would like.

:wink:

Dont diss kathy shes one i dont mind

Sorry but I don't understand your comment.

Heaven forbid, I'd never diss Kathy, she's by far the best they have.
As I've said many times if Kathy stops doing the Morning Show, I won't be watching.

No its ok, i read it wrong, i read like it was saying, u felt sorry for whoever had to sit with her.

Oh that's ok then, I know Kathy has been doing the show from the very start.
With very early starts through cold dark mornings being prone to a bad chest, you never hear a complaint or moan.
When she dropped a day to help get over the winter, there wasn't one but a mixture of presenters who filled in for her, they'd be lost without her.

Can't say I've ever really taken to Dale.
Yes, he likes to come across as a perfect gentleman, the professional & all that that entails - the complete opposite in my view to Julian Ballantyne for example.
I think he sees himself as the alpha male at Q. He often has sly little digs at people.
Pipa's body language suggests she's quite wary of him on the odd occasion I've seen them together. The last time that happened was when he popped into her hour to announce he would be presenting the TSV in the following hour.
Debbie G had a pop at him once saying that he gets someone to park his car for him when he arrives at the studio. Nothing wrong with that, but it was her tone that was revealing rather than the parking bit.
He appears to get on well with Julia, but I think that is just because she has been there longer.

I recently heard that Dale is the son of Danny Purches
http://www.britishpathe.com/video/danny-purches-romany-singer-reel-1

Wonder if he was having to cover someone sick if he stayed over last night. I would think health & safety would have something to say about that.Was he on last evening ?

I think their hours may be a bit peculiar. I once heard her ladyship CH say that she was working all night when she on an evening show.

AAAAhhh could that have anything to do with the recent laptop thread ?:giggle:

Wonder if he was having to cover someone sick if he stayed over last night. I would think health & safety would have something to say about that.Was he on last evening ?

I think their hours may be a bit peculiar. I once heard her ladyship CH say that she was working all night when she on an evening show.

AAAAhhh could that have anything to do with the recent laptop thread ?:giggle:

I think he was rubbing it in because he'd been there last evening, then down for working this morning.
Don't know how he'll be in the morning, as he's on the listing for Friday morning too.

As for Catherine and her laptop thread, I know just what you refer to :mysmilie_504:
Do you think that's under health & safety guidelines?:angel:

:flower:

Tough tittie I'm a nurse and do this all the time, and I bet for a lot less money

Jabba as an ex one thanks :up:

Though would that be apt for Dale's :sleepy: thread or the :mysmilie_504: laptop Lilian named thread ?:thinking: :tongue:

:angel:

Yes, he likes to come across as a perfect gentleman, the professional & all that that entails - the complete opposite in my view to Julian Ballantyne for example.
I think he sees himself as the alpha male at Q. He often has sly little digs at people.
Pipa's body language suggests she's quite wary of him on the odd occasion I've seen them together. The last time that happened was when he popped into her hour to announce he would be presenting the TSV in the following hour.
Debbie G had a pop at him once saying that he gets someone to park his car for him when he arrives at the studio. Nothing wrong with that, but it was her tone that was revealing rather than the parking bit.
He appears to get on well with Julia, but I think that is just because she has been there longer.

wasn't it dale's car that pipa drove into?

Tough tittie I'm a nurse and do this all the time, and I bet for a lot less money
I'm a mental health nurse and the description of challenging job doesn't even come close, long hours and a lot less money than Dale I'm sure.

wasn't it dale's car that pipa drove into?

When was this please?

Dale likes his blue cars, think it's been said he buys a new one frequently ? BMW's.

Was it recently I know the day of the last Charlie Bears TSV, their was an accident in the QVC carpark.
Will had to leave Charlie in one of their morning shows to go to their car.

:wonder:

Is that actually right? He does resemble him.

When was this please?

Dale likes his blue cars, think it's been said he buys a new one frequently ? BMW's.

Was it recently I know the day of the last Charlie Bears TSV, their was an accident in the QVC carpark.
Will had to leave Charlie in one of their morning shows to go to their car.

:wonder:

bags - i'm not 100% sure it was dale but i'm 99% sure. lol! i pretty much only ever half watch but it was around xmas time and pipa and i think dale were doing a show together, jewellery i think. somehow driving came up in conversation and dale made a remark to pipa like 'yeah you would wouldn't you' or something like that. she was aghast and saying 'oh no!! don't'. after a bit of banter between them she explained that she'd hit his car.

going back on topic, i had always assumed some of the presenters at least get a choice - i noticed jilly was only appearing weekends and assumed cos of childcare but don't know for sure.

Latest posts

Back