Disenchanted

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DramaCat

gobby bird
cruising around this forum reading lots of different threads (even on brands I dont go for) there appears to be a really strong vibe that a lot of us are very disenchanted with QVC.

The p&p costs have always been a major annoyance to me. Especially when I receive a really small item in a HUGE cardboard box (new Decleor cleanser anyone?). A lot of the presenters are annoying, patronising, bad liars. Many of the products are far from a competitive price, if you shop around on the internet you can very often find the same item with better savings (and frequently free or better p&p costs).

I am finding that I am buying less and less. It sure has lost it's mojo for me.

So - is the only plus of QVC now the 30 day money back guarantee?

Their 30 day money back guarantee is only a plus now and again for me. I only use it as a safety net when I want to try out cosmetics. If I like the item I then go and buy it elsewhere (usually Just Beauty Direct) at much cheaper prices.

Other than the odd bit of jewellery I rarely buy anything from them anymore. I much prefer Amazon for their choice, customer service and cheap shipping (I'm always recommending them to people).

I don't actually think QVC are that bad, they are just stuck in a rut and are quite happy to stay there whilst they are making the profits they want. With any luck maybe their profits will decline and they will change for the better (unlikely I know)

Babe Rainbow xx

Last edited:
30 days, super duper value beauty kits and easy pay are the only reason I shop there now. As everyone is more than aware, they have plenty of competition these days. Especially where the postage is concerned!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

cruising around this forum reading lots of different threads (even on brands I dont go for) there appears to be a really strong vibe that a lot of us are very disenchanted with QVC.

The p&p costs have always been a major annoyance to me. Especially when I receive a really small item in a HUGE cardboard box (new Decleor cleanser anyone?). A lot of the presenters are annoying, patronising, bad liars. Many of the products are far from a competitive price, if you shop around on the internet you can very often find the same item with better savings (and frequently free or better p&p costs).

I am finding that I am buying less and less. It sure has lost it's mojo for me.

So - is the only plus of QVC now the 30 day money back guarantee?

I agree I always shop around and it's usually cheaper elsewhere, but then QVC are nowhere near as bad as Ideal World!!!!

Easy Pay and the 30 day mbg are what i go for, hate the extotinate p and p charges, always add it to an item's cost and it puts me right off buying most of the time. I do still watch as it is good for a giggle and I love love love this forum!

I'm the first to say that my love affair with QVC is over but still my dip my toe in the water now and again.

I like the choice of being able to shop from QVC - and sometimes for me,it is easier to shop from them.I don't particularly enjoy shopping or have the time - so at times QVC has been convienant (sp) for me - and I'm paying a premium for the priviledge,I suppose.

When I'm not sure about a product,the 30 MBG is a draw to QVC over other retailers - and at times I think they can have some bargains,through clearance,TSV's and OTO's.

My QVC relationship is a very complex one.My hubby works away a lot,my kids are teenagers - and I enjoy QVC on in the background or sometimes as company.I don't even like/watch much "normal" TV.
Invariably the more you watch,the more you do get drawn in and buy.If I'd never discovered QVC - well the saving would be extraordinary!! I can pinpoint my shopping habits - I'm an infant teacher and spend far much more in the school holidays compared to any other time of the year.When I'm "back to normal" at school - I'm much more rational about what I buy:whew:

I think lots of us have quite a complex relationship with QVC (she says wondering if thats a sweeping generalisation:confused:)

I find the only draw is the tsv value kits, 30 mbg and easy pay.

I usually work out whether it compares to wholesale price (they usually do) which is good and often, say for instance Decleor, if it is a full size product that is the same price at QVC as it is in HOF, often QVC put in an added product which I look at as my p+p and then make a decision. (eg Alguaromes with 75ml Systeme Corps) value of Systeme Corps hopefully worth more in value against the p+p!

But it has to be an absolute bargain for me to order as the kits are far better value.

I just really dont think there is the same value now except with the odd TSV. I think it all needs a good facelift, without doubt it is in a rut, thats possibly why the presenters have adopted a new regime of hard sell

Easy Pay, 30 day mbg are the big attractions for me. I agree they are much better than IW.

Latest posts

Back