Diet Chef

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit that Kathy Taylor did look good in the dress she was wearing during this morning's presentation. However someone had emailed in asking about lactose intolerance and she said that the breakfasts would be no good, but surely you could add soya milk to them. I was surprised that between her, the company rep and whoever is in the gallery nobody came up with that idea.

expensive diet!!

Think I will wait for my gastric band funding to be approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might follow your example Graham. All this money for 1 months food!
I think it might be more cost effective to save the money each month to put towards a gastric band.

Fern Britton is looking good on it.

I must admit that Kathy Taylor did look good in the dress she was wearing during this morning's presentation. However someone had emailed in asking about lactose intolerance and she said that the breakfasts would be no good, but surely you could add soya milk to them. I was surprised that between her, the company rep and whoever is in the gallery nobody came up with that idea.

There are a lot of meals in the plan with milk products in them so they are not suitable even before you add anything else to them.

There are a lot of meals in the plan with milk products in them so they are not suitable even before you add anything else to them.
She did say that some of the soups had milk products in them but she specifically said the breakfasts wouldn't be suitable. I think between her and the company rep thay should be able to give correct information.

She did say that some of the soups had milk products in them but she specifically said the breakfasts wouldn't be suitable. I think between her and the company rep thay should be able to give correct information.

The daft thing is that according to the DC website the granolas I checked don't have any milk products in so as long as you used rice milk or soya then they would be fine! It's a minefield trying to navigate food intolerances, as all to often people who don't know or understand the answer just make it up! Very dangerous, you're right that they should be taking more responsibilty over this.

The daft thing is that according to the DC website the granolas I checked don't have any milk products in so as long as you used rice milk or soya then they would be fine! It's a minefield trying to navigate food intolerances, as all to often people who don't know or understand the answer just make it up! Very dangerous, you're right that they should be taking more responsibilty over this.

I assumed that Kathy's logic was that as you add milk to the breakfasts they are not suitable for anyone with a lactose intolerance. I suppose there's always the option of eating your money's worth then sending it back for anyone who has been misled.

i have lost nearly 11 stone by cutting my portion sizes and learning that a good workout in the gym burns body fat and gives you a tremendous shape if you can stick to this..

i do find that these faddy diets are expensive and dont really train you to eat correctly in the long term..

most doctors surgeries now have people who will give you sound diets and even healthy eating classes for a couple of months once a week and some free and heavily subsidised gym classes that work out individually what excersise suits you..

this is all for free! the goverment and health authorities do have great ways to support people who are overweight but you do have to ask..

good health to you all for 2010
:mysmilie_82:

Well done Boffy!!!!
Having tried the DC plan, though I did it myself by buying the ingredients from the supermarket, I would say that at least it isn't faddy. There is proper food there and the main thing it taught me was portion size. It is expensive and can be done cheaper, but for a kickstart it was a big help.

i have lost nearly 11 stone by cutting my portion sizes and learning that a good workout in the gym burns body fat and gives you a tremendous shape if you can stick to this..

i do find that these faddy diets are expensive and dont really train you to eat correctly in the long term..

most doctors surgeries now have people who will give you sound diets and even healthy eating classes for a couple of months once a week and some free and heavily subsidised gym classes that work out individually what excersise suits you..

this is all for free! the goverment and health authorities do have great ways to support people who are overweight but you do have to ask..

Well done boffy and well said. Eleven stone is a heck of an achievement. I lost five stone a few years ago and so know how difficult it must have been for you. I stand in awe of you!

Well done boffy and well said. Eleven stone is a heck of an achievement. I lost five stone a few years ago and so know how difficult it must have been for you. I stand in awe of you!

thanks for all your kind words i have 3 more stone to lose so back to the old gym and calorie counting lol:mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81:

thanks for all your kind words i have 3 more stone to lose so back to the old gym and calorie counting lol:mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81:

Boffy you have done amazingly well.. Well done you.. Wish I could lose weight & be happier with myself.. You deserve a medal Boffy :mysmilie_696:

Ideal World have their version on now....''Weight to Go'' a month's supply for £160. looks very similar

I've just had a quick look at that and it doesn't look as 'nice' as DC. It's abliidy shakes for breakfast, soup for lunch , two more shakes through the day and dinner - I think it said only 1 portion of fruit or veg each day as well. I am about to start DC ( no chance of it or Decleor TSV arriving in current conditions down here in Brighton!) and so want to say well done Boffy, that's a hell of an achievement ! Exercise is definitely the thing which makes a difference and once my doctor knew I do like exercise she referred me to something called Zesters, which provides access to the gym, pool and even a one to one trainer for £10 a month for 3 months, just waiting to hear from them, so there is help from those sources.

I have joined the DC forum on QVC too as I do think it helps to share with others going through the same thing so that's why I wanted to say thanks to Boffy, it's an inspiration !

olivia thanks for your encouragement.
there are some excellent fitness and diet schemes but people are not aware of them.
excersize makes you burn fat hours after you have done a class and all your dieting has a very fast effect than just diet alone does not do too speedy.

Boffy you are an inspiration to us all! Well done for losing 11 stone I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you.

I'm struggling to get the motivation for losing weight at the moment. I know I'll feel better but its revving up to get started.

Best of luck with that last 3 stone hon! X

Inspirational Boffy and a fantastic achievement.

I must admit that since going to the gym I have felt so much better. I am still in baggy T shirt mode but one day I will be a cropped top :mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701:

Latest posts

Back