Diet Chef high price, high calories

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oooh vodka, love it love it love it!! going to have a look for Grey Goose, sounds wonderful. Now back to the topic of the thread, Diet Chef, I have never tried it but have battled with my weight on and off for most of my adult life. Have done Slimming World twice, the first time it worked really well and I lost two stone, I was never hungry, but oh lordly I was bored, plus I got so fed up with chopping veg, planning meals, etc. Drifted back to my old bad ways then went back to S W and just couldn't hack it and gave up. However, since I have had a lot less cash coming in I have had to go back to the old menu planning and cooking from scratch that I used to do as a skint single mum who wanted to give my child good healthy food. Have found that I am losing weight without really trying. Start the day with home made porridge or a boiled egg and a couple of oat cakes, baked spud and salad at work, and in the evening I have something that I have made in my slow cooker. I bulk cook my own soup, stews, bolognaise sauce and freeze into portions which are like healthy home made versions of ready meals. I also walk a lot. In do one big shop a month and then buy fresh fruit and veg as and when I need it.

I think it really helps if you can cook your own meals. You know what's going into them & like you say S you bulk out with veg. Works a treat for me. Hairy Bikers low cal recipies are excellent too x.

I used to work with a lady called Coralie who ordered the Diet Chef system from QVC. We used to joke about the terrible portions, like half a cup of watery soup and an airline meal style golf ball sized roll. I could have easily eaten 5 portions and still not even feel remotely full. Diet Chef are charging a premium for the convenience. You could save so much money buy buying a box of Frusli bars, a few yogurts, fruits and sandwiches and salads, also a few cans of Asda's "Tuscan Bean Soup" from their "Be Good to Yourself" range. I cannot recommend that soup highly enough. It's only about 50p a can, less than 3% fat, full of natural ingredients and really super tasty.

Latest posts

Back