Did anyone hear AY at around 8pm on Sunday evening.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Disenchanted

Guest Shopper
:coffee:

At around 8 pm last night I was making sarnies for us to eat whilst watching the Paralympics closing ceremony, and trying not to watch AY flogging a Lip Lift trio when I am pretty certain I heard her say that as she's been QVC's beauty expert for over 18 years, it is written into her contract that she needn't promote or feel under pressure to endorse any product she disapproves of.

Is this at all within the realms of possibility or is she so far up her own digestive tract that she thinks we will believe it.

It very nearly put me off some magic moments tonight - seeing the last of the Olympic ceremony fireworks from our bathroom window and hearing the tumultuous applause from the crowd in appreciation of the Games Makers - many of whom are our neighbours.

:coffee:

At around 8 pm last night I was making sarnies for us to eat whilst watching the Paralympics closing ceremony, and trying not to watch AY flogging a Lip Lift trio when I am pretty certain I heard her say that as she's been QVC's beauty expert for over 18 years, it is written into her contract that she needn't promote or feel under pressure to endorse any product she disapproves of.

Is this at all within the realms of possibility or is she so far up her own digestive tract that she thinks we will believe it.

It very nearly put me off some magic moments tonight - seeing the last of the Olympic ceremony fireworks from our bathroom window and hearing the tumultuous applause from the crowd in appreciation of the Games Makers - many of whom are our neighbours.

What nonsense! She might go out of her way to avoid presenting certain shows like LE but i think that's down to a personality clash than anything else! She sells whatever features in that particular hour, she surely can't love every single product on every single show so she must be flogging stuff she wouldn't use herself? I think AY likes to make out that she's still somehow independent and she tells QVC what to sell etc but the reality is probably that she's a presenter like any other and she'll sell what she's told to.

Yes I heard her too, she also said that she'd 'accidently' dropped things before they were due to come on air because she didn't like/approve of them etc.

AY might be the beauty expert, but she is not the beauty buyer at QVC. I have heard her say before when something appears she asked the beauty buyers to stock this product. So she no doubt suggests, BUT, the final decisions are with the companies if they want to sell on QVC and or the beauty buyers.

At the end of the day she works for QVC, they pay her wages. Being silly and dropping(throwing)products on the floor makes her seem like a spoilt little girl having a tantrum.

Maybe she thinks she's on a higher level than the other presenters because she only does the beauty shows.

It really irritates me when she suggests people around QVC are afraid of her. Who the hell does she think she is??

I was watching last night and daughter walked in a said 'Is she still on Qvc'. She was on the beauty channel applying Laura Geller foundation to model Amanda and she looked so awkward. No way is she a Make-up Artist, i would not let her paint my wall.

AY is way too cocky. She has been allowed to get away with blue murder at QVC. She needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

She is so bossy about all the other presenters' skin and their tanning habits. The problem is that she doesn't look all that good to be so patronising towards the others. She doesn't make good decisions with her hair or clothes either.

We are on the same wavelength today rosielinks!
I agreed with every word you wrote about Dale in another thread & here again re Ms Ali.

She is too bossy and I really dislike the way she speaks to the models & presenters sometimes.
If she is claiming she influences what lines come to QVC then she must take the blame for the outrageously over-priced and over-hyped products she has apparently endorsed.

I'm glad I didn't mishear it but that's some ego she's got! Perhaps she truly believes that the quantity of beauty products sold by QVC somehow reflect on her superior judgement as an expert - so the more we buy, the more inflated that self belief gets.

I imagine all the presenters are guilty of that to a degree - you only have to read their blogs and the responses from some of their regular correspondents to see that our celebrity driven culture allows them to believe they are "stars".

Sad and deluded, it a shame really

I'm glad I didn't mishear it but that's some ego she's got! Perhaps she truly believes that the quantity of beauty products sold by QVC somehow reflect on her superior judgement as an expert - so the more we buy, the more inflated that self belief gets.

I imagine all the presenters are guilty of that to a degree - you only have to read their blogs and the responses from some of their regular correspondents to see that our celebrity driven culture allows them to believe they are "stars".