Diane Gilman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
I often watch DG jeans, they always look nice, but although she says if we are under 5ft4in the petite will be ok, the inside seem is 28ins, I'm 5ft 2in and the in seem That I wear is 27in, has anyone of my height tried her jeans.

I'm 5'0" and her short length are fine for me if they say 28"; 29" I can only wear with heels. There was a TSV last year (I think) where the pull-on jeans/jeggings were supposed to be 29" but mine measured 31" and went straight back at Q's expense. Worth a try, I find them very comfortable bt sizing isn't always consistent. When in doubt go by the waist measurement or if I'm between sizes I go down a size.

PS I'd ordinarily buy a 27" inseam if available or 28" hope this helps.

I`m 5`3" and the skinny fit are fine with a 28" leg but I haven`t tried the boot cut in that size they have all been longer needing to be shortened. I`m a `high street size 14 but take a 12 in DG. I hope that helps

Would you go down in a Diane Gilman Jean? I am so desperate to find a pair. I am 5 ft and a size 18. I look dumpy in any sort of trousers/jeans but sometimes l do need them. I would love to find a pair that are a bit more flattering to the M&S pair l wear. I think l have lost a bit of weight as they are really bagging around my hips at the moment and never used to. I would be grateful for any advice.

As I said I go down a size and they are still plenty big enough and easy to fasten and as they have `plenty` stretch I`m sure I could go down another using the stretch if I wanted them ultra snug

Definitely go down a size, I'm a 14 by have DG's in 12, short leg and I'm 5'2".

I have just bought a pair of £14 Sainsburys Classic Rise TU Jeans in size 14 Regular leg, didn't have any short ones, they will be ok with heels.

The fit is much better than DG because the back rise comes up a lot higher round your waist and you don't get the gape and dip at the back...I always have to wear a belt to stop DG's doing this, they look awful without a belt.

Well I am 5'4" and my inseam is 31, the short jeans would be above my ankles so I don't think you can generalise.

I often watch DG jeans, they always look nice, but although she says if we are under 5ft4in the petite will be ok, the inside seem is 28ins, I'm 5ft 2in and the in seem That I wear is 27in, has anyone of my height tried her jeans.

You could always get them taken up. I sometimes buy Levis 511's from America but I'm a 30.5 waist / 32 leg. I sometimes get them customised although the 31w 32L seems OK.

Thanks everyone for your comments on the fit of Diane Gilman jeans. I actually feel like dare try and order a pair! You have all been really helpful.

Bit late to this but just to add I'm 5'1"" & have a few pair of her jeans in the short length which fit perfectly. I'm a 14 high street & the first pair I bought I got 14, which I still have, but later pairs I bought 12s & they fit much better. The stretch makes them so comfy but not baggy.

The sizing of her jeans is all over the place and they must have a lot returned. I spied the last TSV (skinny superstretch) in the outlet shop for £2.99 so I bought a few (it would have been rude not to!)

I am 5'4" and a size 12-14 so I bought a Size 12 regular length which were too big and too long and a Size 10 short length in both indigo and black. The blue short ones were a good 2" shorter than the black short ones and above my ankles but the black ones were the right length!!?? Also, the blue size 10s were bigger all over than the black ones, I think a size 8 would have probably fit me in both colours - crazy!

DG sizing is vanity sizing. There is no way that I as a 6ft female who wears a size 14 high street should wear a size small in DG jeans. Ridiculous. I bet I could fit into a size small. Of course the legs are too short on all of her jeans.

I always suspected that they were just over-spill from the US market with their sizing labels in them; so as a UK High Street 14, I'd wear a US size 10. I own DG jeans in size 10 and 12 and the fit varies a little but not much.

Latest posts

Back