Diane Gilman TSV 06/03/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diane has just said that she has big waist and skinny legs - does that mean that she makes all her jeans to fit ladies of a similar shape. I am smaller waist and bigger hip girlie and I fear they may gape at the waist and be too tight in the thigh.
Slightlylessgrumpyreflexgirl

Diane has just said that she has big waist and skinny legs - does that mean that she makes all her jeans to fit ladies of a similar shape. I am smaller waist and bigger hip girlie and I fear they may gape at the waist and be too tight in the thigh.
Slightlylessgrumpyreflexgirl

Me too. Big bum and hips and even larger thunder thighs. The only jeans I really get on with are Seven for all Mankind (in the sale obv!)

i am very curvy. big bum,hips and thighs very small waist and the bootleg jeans are really slimming and the best fit for me a size 18 and then some. i dont adore the denim that diane uses gap does my fave jeans but its rare that they fit. these are ok for my fatter self. i want to try the skinny as i wear jeggings but need the support of a thicker fabric

has anyone sent for the black top with the bell sleeves in the past I am sure I have seen it featured before , wondered what it was like in the flesh as I quite like it ?

I was trying to find her age and came across this funny rant on a HSN forum:

"I personally think Diane Gilman is the rudest "fashion designer" on HSN and her behavior has caused me to turn off the channel and actually not want to purchase her items. All she does is brag about flying there and flying there, thank your lucky stars lady that people support your lifestyle and quit complaining about it. And - exactly HOW MANY time does someone come up to you at the airport and ask you about the clothes you are wearing? I find it mathematically impossible that EVERY TIME you are on a plane that someone will ask you about your jeans and why they hold their shape and don't wrinkle - get a new storyline PLEASE! LISTEN to your callers, take the time to read the forums and read/listen/hear what people are saying about your clothes. They are going downhill. I wear a size 2 or 4 in your line and have purchased your items, not so much lately - but... I live in Vegas and when in Vegas - dress! But you need to realize that not everyone is living in Vegas (seems like it though) and the majority of the country may only come here 1-2x a lifetime (unless you a Diane Gilman, Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears, Criss Angel and every 21 year old singer on her birthday to hold a BASH) but let's be realistic and start dressing the REST of the USA. Not everyone wants to look like they are heading downtown for a show and private nightclub - who could afford it. I saw Blue Man Group 2 weeks ago, and guess why Diane - I was the most dressed there. Most people were in jeans and regular clothes - so stop saying that your clothes are perfect for everyday life and when you go to Vegas - because darling, they are not even wearing them to the hottest show on the Strip! Get real and design for the majority - not the minority. Amen!"

Just bought some micro fleece footless tights from Primark for £3.50. They are fleecy on the inside. I'm wearing them with a knee length dress. Lovely and warm - they could easily be worn with tunics. Going back tomorrow to get some other colours

From reading this thread it seems quite a few would like to try these jeans but the sizing is putting people off, Q should really considered free postage and return for 'fashion' or at least the fashion tsv's I'm sure they would sell a hell of a lot more, almost all other mail order clothing businesses do. When as this discussion shows, one persons size 8 is another's 14 then trying on is the only option, Q needs to remember trying on in the much maligned high street is free of charge - trying on with with Q is not!

I laughed out loud whilst watching her in the 4pm hour today with JR . In one breath she says" if you are a girl in her fifties like me" and a few minutes later she says " if you are into your sixties as I am" Make up your mind woman! My guess would be late sixties pushing seventy!

From reading this thread it seems quite a few would like to try these jeans but the sizing is putting people off, Q should really considered free postage and return for 'fashion' or at least the fashion tsv's I'm sure they would sell a hell of a lot more, almost all other mail order clothing businesses do. When as this discussion shows, one persons size 8 is another's 14 then trying on is the only option, Q needs to remember trying on in the much maligned high street is free of charge - trying on with with Q is not!

Trying things on at home with most of the internet retailers is also usually free as are the returns too! ;) If I buy £75 minimum from Dorothy Perkins for example p&p delivery is free. If my order is less they only charge £3.95 flat rate. Irrespective of how large or small my order is they always provide free returns labels, (both Royal Mail and Collect Plus so I can use which ever is more convenient), SUPERB!

I dont have many gripes with Q, but the p&p definately needs addressing, especially where fashion is concerned. Not that I buy much Q fashion but I would probably buy more if their returns, at least, were free.

Shes a very strange guest. These jeans look like something u really need to try before u buy , i agree it should be free p&p, they would certainly get more orders this way

It would bankrupt them lol

and yes I would buy if I could send them back for free if they do not fit, was almost tempted, but the sizing seems so out that I simply can not be bothered

My DG jeans arrived today and they fit fantastic - wish I'd bought two pairs now

glad you like them. i have some boot cut and they are an excellent fit and very comfortable i look a lot slimmer in them to

Thanks Boffy I have some boot cut ones as well. This is the second of Diane's TSVs where the sizing has been consistent across different styles. I ordered my usual M&S size and they fit perfectly. I've not tried to go down a size the additional stretch just means that give with you as you bend and sit. Really flattering jeans that do wonders for a middle aged bum lol.

Latest posts

Back