Diamonique TSV May 31/5/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gems tv sell sterling silver and genuine gemstones for the same or less, than QVC charge for paste.

it is a small solitaire ring with an eek encrusted shank. Julia wore it the other night.

It is an Epiphany ring designed by Julia to mark QVC's 20th birthday!

I supose, for the diamonique devotees, the Q has covered the two main angles; historically, Julia was one of the first two presenters on air, so it is appropriate that the ring be designed (?) by her; also, the Q is approaching it's 20th anniversary. So now we have Ali Young's ring and Julia Roberts' ring, the concept starts to become a little samey. One still cannot escape the fact that what one is buying is not an actual gemstone. Precious metal - silver covered with platinum - yes, but set with paste. I think that is why the 14ct range isn't very prolific on QVC; people realise that to pay over 150 quid for what is, essentially, costume jewellery but set in pure gold, is a waste of money when, for less, one can purchase a 9ct and gemstone piece.

This is not JR's first ring though...she did hers way before AY did.JR's first one was a pink diamonique - I wanted one for ages and it was never in stock.I finally got on ebay years later for about £8 and trust me it doesn't even look £8 - more of a christmas cracker novelty ring.

it is a small solitaire ring with an eek encrusted shank. Julia wore it the other night.

This sounds like the one in the ads for diamonique day, the girl opens the box and there is the ring you have just described

I supose, for the diamonique devotees, the Q has covered the two main angles; historically, Julia was one of the first two presenters on air, so it is appropriate that the ring be designed (?) by her; also, the Q is approaching it's 20th anniversary.
20 pence p&p may be?

What's the cut of the central stone? Could it be a rose cut, or does it just look raised at the top surface in the photo? It's hard to tell in a picture which is a plane of the stone and which is reflected light.

I thought a rose cut diamond was flat one the bottom and faceted on the top. Or vice versa depending on the setting. So just the pavilion without the crown. Or have they updated it and I'm talking out of my hat?

I thought it wasn't a bog-standard brilliant cut, I don't know much about stone cuts so it might not be rose cut I mean, but the top looks more domed than usual in the photo. There's a reason diamond cuts have standardised over the years - I suppose it's because they maximise sparkle and minimise waste. QVC have done weirdly symbolic numbers of cuts before but they haven't always looked that good and in a couple of years will you look at this ring and remember it has 93 facets and why. I can imagine the expression on my brother's face if I tried to explain the significance of 93 facets: "QVC you say?" "1993...fascinating".

I like a bit of eek but not tempted by this...but matching earrings I might go for.

I only really recognise the standard ones Jude but I've got rose cut diamonds so I know they're a bit odd. Mine are quite small and antique so I'm still not 100% sure what they're supposed to look like!

I wouldn't know that was a 93 facet cut. I've never heard of a 93 facet cut come to that. Catchy little name I feel.

I won't be buying. I've got one solitaire ring. That'll do me really.

But going back a bit on the thread I think I have the ring Julia originally designed. Bought from eBay. It's actually in white gold and its a nice weighty piece. They did another very similar in silver that really isn't anywhere near the original. A pretty piece nonetheless. I had the silver one and lost it. I replaced it with the white gold one.

Latest posts

Back