Desperate for a decent hand cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you use paper towels at work or in public toilets. They are a killer for me, even from childhood when my school had them. Norwegian formula was devised for arctic fishermen, you can also get an anti aging one now. Always, always wear rubber gloves, even to wash a cup. Wiping around with a dish cloth still has washing up liquid on it, change to Surcare wash-up-liq, it is kinder. I also find Mr.Sheen spray polishes are a killer for my skin and Windolene. Always, always wear rub. gloves. New mantra :nod:

My vote goes for L'occitane's shea hand cream , which I find marvellous . Before I retired I was in a job where I was washing my hands very frequently . In the winter I regularly had chapped painful hands , dry cuticles and painful splits around some fingertips.
This handcream is the best I've ever used and problems are a thing of the past.

I agree with Loveinamist re always wear gloves ~ however if you have sensitive skin watch out that the latex or plastic doesn't further irritate it.

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source hand Therapy. It's really good, and smells divine :happy:

I totally agree, I like the Loccitane Shea one but this is lovely and leaves my hands so soft I am washing my hands in work all day (and cheap handwash is the order of the day there and use alco gel as well) so my hands and nails were really suffering now I have a tube of this with me always and they are so much better. If your cuticles are drying out as well then I dont think you can beat Jessica nourish cuticle cream its wonderful stuff

I was prescribed Betnovate cream made by GlaxoSmithKline. I would highly recommend it although it is a bit greasy. Certainly stopped the itching though :clapping:

I couldn't agree more, having excema and hands which bleed and crack, betnovate certainly gets me over the worst of it, but for a day to day cream, go for prostrong - it honestly can't be beaten. I come out in a sweat just thinking the bottle is almost finished!

Supedrug do an intensive cream - can't remember the exact name but its their own brand and very cheap. My sister had similar problem and it did the trick for her.

My favourite "posh" handcream is Clarins. My friend usually buys me one for my birthday and it's a great gift.

Hope whatever you choose does the trick.

Latest posts

Back