Designer malfunctions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
The continuing trend for 'waterfall' cardis, bell and flouncy kimono sleeves, - and regularly used as design embellishments on dresses and tops, never ceases to amaze me. Have the designers of these garments ever tried to IRON these bl...dy things ????? Or am I alone in leaving this stuff at the bottom of the linen basket because I cant be ar....ed or have the stamina to iron them.

Thin knitteds can crease as much as cotton, and unless hung permanently on bedroom doors, can emerge from the wardrobe like limp wrinkled dishcloths. Sadly for me, but fortunately for my local Hospice shop, much of what I USED to buy ends up gracing their clothes rails. The Anttony tsv from a year or so back (thin jersey waterfall cardigan with frilled (aaaagh) cuffs) springs to mind, and its happening more and more.

Grouse over.:angry:

I never touch the jersey thing, the thin linen cardi's have to be hung up to dry, then you avoid ironing them. But I am with you on this: I hate ironing! Only buy iron friendly materials, though I LOVE my linen trousers in the summer

It may just be me, but those waterfall things look just like 'lady bits' IYKWIM. Don't want to wear that on the front of my cardi.....

I have one waterfall cardigan thingy in some kind of jersey fabric. I find it very useful on holidays in the sun where I wrap it round my neck or occasionally round my head as sun protection then in the evening I wear it as as a coverup when it is getting chilly. As I generally don't have a mirror to look in I have no idea if I look chic or like a bag lady.

Quite how you get that waterfall cardis look like "lady bits" I don't know but that genuinely made me laugh out loud. For some bizarre reason ... clearly not a follower of fashion here ... I haven't got a waterfall anything. I've got tops and cardis with uppy downy hems but that's not quite the same. I've no problem with man made fabrics. They have pretty much turned my wardrobe into and ironing free zone.

Actually I haven't got anything with bell sleeves or kimono sleeves either!! My wardrobe is sadly lacking I fear.

Can't be doing with fancy sleeves. Am a messy enough eater without worrying about whether my sleeves are in the gravy boat.
I'd end up wearing most of my dinner.
In fact OH did once suggest that I should eat naked and he'd lick me clean afterwards! :)
Not a suggestion I took him up on, so have never found out how well that would have gone down in Pizza Hut! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to offend anyone here, but they do remind me of 'ahem' inner lips. May of course just be my overactive imagination.....

I don't want to offend anyone here, but they do remind me of 'ahem' inner lips. May of course just be my overactive imagination.....

They had some Clarks wedge sandals on a couple of months ago that had a little ruffle down the front and that totally reminded me of that too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362240418.329530.jpg

These

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to send the boys round, you ladies are obviously in need of some lovin lol

It is an affliction - I've been trying to find a cardigan all winter, and all I can see are these blooming waterfall things everywhere. Wafting at me.

I've got a Jane Norman waterfall thigh length cardi, it's knitted so not as ruffly as the lighter ones. I'll never look at it in quite the same way again lol :giggle:

I' ve come to hate those waterfall cardigans. I have just the one but what on earth's the point of those dangly bits? They don't keep you any warmer but get in the way of everything.

Noooooooooooooooooo .........- you have ruined my M & S waterfall cardigan for m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to love wearing it but will just not get that image out of my head:sad::doh::blush::wink:

Latest posts

Back