Desert Island Beauty Show - 21st July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I found the whole hour completely irritating.I'm not a fan of AY admittedly but have nothing against JR really - but all the giggling,hair flicking and TBH a few sniping looks and comments (why can anyone not ask AY a question???) got completely on my nerves.

I found the whole hour completely irritating.I'm not a fan of AY admittedly but have nothing against JR really - but all the giggling,hair flicking and TBH a few sniping looks and comments (why can anyone not ask AY a question???) got completely on my nerves.

It just shows how different people see different things.

I'm neither here-nor-there about Julia, but I do like Alison Young. I really enjoyed the show, it was lively and quite funny in my opinion, and I don't think either of them would put up with the mickey-taking if they weren't genuinely friends.

Didn't realise Julia was 55 - she's looking great.

Bought the Decleor cleanser and toner - the free p&p swung it for me.

I thought Julia was more like her old self last night, but I still enjoyed Kathy's Desert Island Beauty Show best. Imo the show itself is just another gimmick to sell,sell, sell.

What I didn't get were her dessert island cleansers, BOTH decleor and elemis. A couple of weeks ago she was doing a Liz Earle show and said "hand on heart I never go to bed without using cleanse and polish". All I can say is that she must spend an awful long time cleansing. I suppose there wouldn't be much else to do on a dessert island, unless you were there with Brad Pitt.

I also noticed they had the now very old packaging of decleor. That suggests to me that the whole show was about getting rid of old stock and not about what Julia actually uses at all.

Last edited:
I prefer the older Decleor packaging. However, they said that they can be kept for two years unopened but how does that work if they've been in the warehouse for so long.

The new packaging cleansers and toners were out last year and was surprised to see the old ones on air stating 'Back in stock', where on earth did they find them?
Free p+p and Introductory price only offered to get rid of the stock.

With Decleor shows they often show on air the old packaging but when item is delivered it is in the new one, wish they would update their demo products/photos of products so we know exactly what we are getting.

What I didn't get were her dessert island cleansers, BOTH decleor and elemis. A couple of weeks ago she was doing a Liz Earle show and said "hand on heart I never go to bed without using cleanse and polish". All I can say is that she must spend an awful long time cleansing. I suppose there wouldn't be much else to do on a dessert island, unless you were there with Brad Pitt.

I also noticed they had the now very old packaging of decleor. That suggests to me that the whole show was about getting rid of old stock and not about what Julia actually uses at all.

I thought this too about Cleanse & Polish. I'm damn sure she has said previously said she could not live without Liz Earle Hand Repair now she says she's been using Decleor Hand Cream for 8 years. Make up your mind love!!

I heard about Decleor new packaging basically AY said they are getting all the old stock out but if they are sending out the new packaging (I'm lost here).

Julia still bringing Louie Spence up I see!!

Finally a message to Fiona Brackenbury , PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT BLIDDY FRINGE OF YOURS!! It's getting on my proverbials!!

Did anyone hear the discussion about a text message? it was towards the end of the show I think. They'd ask for texts loads earlier and i sent one which was partly very complimentary but also made a lighthearted dig. Then I tuned out of the discussion and only tuned back in when i heard the end of a conversation about a text where AY was saying "You dont want to hear the second half of the text"

this is what i sent:
"Hi Julia you look GORGEOUS!!. And great to see you without the jeggings and toe posts... I LOVE YOU!! Matthew xx"

I wonder if it was me? :giggle:

AY pretended it was a mouse and threw it at JR as she is scared of Mice. It made JR jump 3ft in the air..

I only caught the end of the show but it did seem good natured what little bit I saw if it. JR is an attractive woman and I thought looked rather glam!

I only caught the end of the show but it did seem good natured what little bit I saw if it. JR is an attractive woman and I thought looked rather glam!

I agree it was light hearted with a bit of banter going on between the two. I missed the bit with the emails though.
AY was having her usual digs about JR sun bathing but it was all done in a jolly manner.

I thought this too about Cleanse & Polish. I'm damn sure she has said previously said she could not live without Liz Earle Hand Repair now she says she's been using Decleor Hand Cream for 8 years. Make up your mind love!!

I heard about Decleor new packaging basically AY said they are getting all the old stock out but if they are sending out the new packaging (I'm lost here).

Julia still bringing Louie Spence up I see!!

Finally a message to Fiona Brackenbury , PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT BLIDDY FRINGE OF YOURS!! It's getting on my proverbials!!

Is Fiona stepping down? There was a new Decleor presenter recently

I thought Julia was more like her old self last night, but I still enjoyed Kathy's Desert Island Beauty Show best. Imo the show itself is just another gimmick to sell,sell, sell.

I may be misreading this, but your last sentence sounds as if you find this rather distasteful? I have to say I don't understand that - after all QVC isn't an entertainment channel, it's a shop. The Desert Island shows are certainly a gimmick to sell, and I'll bet it's a successful gimmick too. I've often seen people complaining here that the sell is sometimes too hard on QVC, and I've always found that odd, because if we're going to watch it I think we have to accept that QVC isn't there to entertain us, it's there to sell to us. If it can entertain us along the way then great, but that isn't the primary purpose. I wouldn't expect to find anything in any shop that isn't designed to promote sales, and a good shop will employ every trick in the book, soft and hard, so I don't find it in the least bothering to see that on QVC. And whatever else it may be, QVC is certainly good at making sales - over a million pounds a day if what I read recently is correct.

Latest posts

Back