Dell tsv 8th Jan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just read a review on this in a magazine. You can find it online here. I like the idea of converting this to a touchscreen pad, but may wait to see if they come up with an improved version.

Be good if the it 'experts' let us know what they think when it goes on air

Dell Inspiron Duo 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet Netbook 320GB HDD, 2GB RAM & McAfee
Item Number: 564539
QVC Price £553.00
Today's Special Value Price £478.56
Availability Some choices not in stock
UK P&P £9.95

Description
Dell Inspiron 10.1" touchscreen tablet PC with 320GB hard drive, 2GB RAM and McAfee Security Centre 10. The device also boasts a powerful 1.5GHz Intel Atom dual core processor as well as a unique flip-hinge design to slip easily from a laptop to a tablet setup. Complete with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, portable computing has never been so versatile!

If you're torn between a laptop and a tablet device, why not get both? This Dell Inspiron Mini Duo features an innovative flip-hinge design to glide easily from a touchscreen laptop to a touchscreen tablet.

Tablet mode is perfect for reading an ebook, viewing photos, watching a movie or playing games and the PC mode makes it easy to compose emails, get your work done or browse the web.

The crystal-clear touchscreen display offers you HD visuals on the go backed-up with a HD Media graphics cards for smooth, top quality performance so you can enjoy high definition (720p) video as it was meant to be seen.

The combination of a 1.5GHz Intel Atom Duo Core processor and 2GB of RAM mean that you can run a number of programs at once on this powerful Dell device.

As a little extra, QVC are helping you to stay safe online with 15 months of protection with McAfee Security Centre 10.

Technical specifications

Display: 10.1" HD multi-touch screen (1366 x 768 resolution)
Processor: Intel Atom Duo Core 1.5GHz
Memory: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Hard drive: 320GB 7200rpm SATA hard disk drive
Graphics: integrated Broadcom Crystal HD Media Graphics
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/, Bluetooth
Built-in webcam: 1.3MP
Audio: integrated with built-in speakers (2 x 1W)
Battery: lithium-ion four-cell battery
Dimensions: 2.62cm x 28.5cm x 19.45cm (1" x 11.2" x 7.65")
Weight: 1.54kg

Input/output

1 x audio-out/headphone connector
2 x USB 2.0 port

Software

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
Microsoft Office 2010 Starter (trial)
McAfee Security Centre 10 - 15-month subscription

What's in the box?

Dell Inspiron 1090-1893 Mini Duo tablet PC
Set-up guide
AC adapter/plug
McAfee Security Centre 10

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.564539

easy pay wont be on till 12am

Apparently battery life is dire at about just over an hour!
Battery in biult in and not user replaceable.
Screen has poor viewing angles which is not good in a tablet pc.

I think it is overpriced and like Sheepdog says you would be better getting from Dell direct if you really want one but i would save your money and get an ordinary netbook.

Also QVC stop saying how much better it is than the Apple iPad - the iPad is really good thats why people are buying it in their millions.

Also did anyone see the midnight show with Debbie wearing those ridiculous high heels - she looked like Tramp

Apparently battery life is dire at about just over an hour!
Battery in biult in and not user replaceable.
Screen has poor viewing angles which is not good in a tablet pc.

I think it is overpriced and like Sheepdog says you would be better getting from Dell direct if you really want one but i would save your money and get an ordinary netbook.

Also QVC stop saying how much better it is than the Apple iPad - the iPad is really good thats why people are buying it in their millions.

Also did anyone see the midnight show with Debbie wearing those ridiculous high heels - she looked like Tramp

Thanks for useful feedback. Based on this have decided to hold off.

A facebook friend was saying that she showed a friend who works at PC World the TSV and he said to be very very careful of the screen as Packard Bell have a similar netbook/tablet on the market and its notorious for the swivel screen breaking.

The screen looked a state from finger prints. Either they forgot to clean it or it is a cheap screen. I thought the book demo the second time made it look not very responsive and either to small to read, or zoomed in on a few words.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but if you really want a Tablet buy and Apple iPad. It must be good because QVC are constatly saying their Dell Inspiron Duo is better but it is not.
Apple iPad is the market leader because it was built from the ground up to be the best tablet. The operating system is designed for it and the touch screen is far superier to the Duo.

The Dell is also very unresponsive and the tablet software (stage) is still very buggy. Also windows 7 was not designed for tablets.

The QVC demonstrations were pretty dire and showed how flawed the Duo really was. They had trouble opening software, system ran slow, screen was poor and had poor viewing angles.

Wonder how many they sold or will have returned?
Lastnight they seemed to say we have answered questions now nothing stopping you ordering!
I guess people that wanted netbooks and tablets had already been bought for Christmas. Also people are less likely to spend in January after an expensive Christmas.

Sorry but if you really want a Tablet buy and Apple iPad. It must be good because QVC are constatly saying their Dell Inspiron Duo is better but it is not.
Apple iPad is the market leader because it was built from the ground up to be the best tablet. The operating system is designed for it and the touch screen is far superier to the Duo.

The Dell is also very unresponsive and the tablet software (stage) is still very buggy. Also windows 7 was not designed for tablets.

The QVC demonstrations were pretty dire and showed how flawed the Duo really was. They had trouble opening software, system ran slow, screen was poor and had poor viewing angles.

Lastnight they seemed to say we have answered questions now nothing stopping you ordering!
I guess people that wanted netbooks and tablets had already been bought for Christmas. Also people are less likely to spend in January after an expensive Christmas.

yes, the Ipad is great, but having played on one lent to me by a family member at Christmas, I think it's limited. No USB functionality surely means that it will soon outlive it's usefulness?I am keen on a netbook, but would also love a tablet. I think based on the reviews that this TSV is not the right one, but I don't think an IPad is perfect either. I reckon there will be a few tablets coming up that will exceed anything currently available. But I don't like waiting...... (That's a woman thing, probably!lol)

Thank You

Thank You simon1966 for the advice. I haven't got much idea when it comes to technology. Advice from forum members is very much appreciated.
With the i pad do you need a mobile phone contract with it?
I heard Jilly say in the 4.oopm hour that they had sold 1000. :mysmilie_59: :handshake:

yes, the Ipad is great, but having played on one lent to me by a family member at Christmas, I think it's limited. No USB functionality surely means that it will soon outlive it's usefulness?I am keen on a netbook, but would also love a tablet. I think based on the reviews that this TSV is not the right one, but I don't think an IPad is perfect either. I reckon there will be a few tablets coming up that will exceed anything currently available. But I don't like waiting...... (That's a woman thing, probably!lol)

I think that is the problem how long do you wait?

I have gone for the TSV as I consider the iPad as an expensive toy. Without Flash I would never consider any PC, the P&P is only £9.95 so I believe it is worth the risk.

It all comes down to personal choice, I love my iPhone and have tried a Blackberry and a Windows Phone but for me the iPad would just not do any of the things I would want it to.

I did try the Acer Netbook from a couple of weeks ago but found it really slow and only had windows 7 basic.

Anyway that's my two pence worth :)

I think that is the problem how long do you wait?

I have gone for the TSV as I consider the iPad as an expensive toy. Without Flash I would never consider any PC, the P&P is only £9.95 so I believe it is worth the risk.

It all comes down to personal choice, I love my iPhone and have tried a Blackberry and a Windows Phone but for me the iPad would just not do any of the things I would want it to.

I did try the Acer Netbook from a couple of weeks ago but found it really slow and only had windows 7 basic.

Anyway that's my two pence worth :)

and a very fair two pence worth! although we moan about QVC sometimes, who else would let us try out a product for 30 days and send it back?As long as your return rate is not already high, you are right-it's worth a go.Let us know what it's like please

I have also gone for it. I have wanted an iPad since they were launched last May, but the only thing putting me off was the lack of USB's, the lack of storage (I could fill a 64gb very easily!) and the main thing was the lack of Flash. I have an iPhone I have had for years & there's nothing worse than checking a website only for the little blue box of doom to appear.

I am going to see how I get on with the Dell one though, I was in 2 minds the whole day about ordering one, but then thought 'Ah well I can try it for 30 days, if we don't get along then it's only the p&p wasted' - I will let you know what I think though.

The new iPad that's due to be launched within the next few months is said to have a lot more features etc, running flash is supposed to be one of them.

No chance of flash being supported directly. Apple won't let you and won't entertain (sic) the idea of implementing it.

Latest posts

Back