Dell studio 17 insh Laptop QVC USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

pa1916

Registered Shopper
Includes notebook, six-cell lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, remote control, 4GB flash drive preloaded with PC Treasures software
2.0GHz Intel Pentium dual-core T4200 processor
17" diagonal widescreen TFT glossy display, 1440x900 resolution
4GB dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM
320GB SATA hard drive
CD/DVD writer
Dell 2GB DataSafe online backup/storage for one year
Intel 5100N wireless-N mini card
Integrated Media Accelerator 4500MHD graphics
Integrated Intel high-definition audio 2.0
Built-in 2MP Web cam with array mic, facial recognition
10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet
Three-year LoJack theft protection
1-year PC Tune-Up
8-in-1 memory card reader: SDHC, SDHD, MS, MS Pro, MMC, xD
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI, IEEE 1394, USB/eSATA, VGA, RJ-45, consumer IR ports
Audio line-in/out, mic jacks
ExpressCard/54 slot
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1
MS Works Plus 2008
McAfee Security Center
Roxio Creator 10
Measures approximately 14"W x 10-1/4"D x 1-1/4"H
UL listed adapter; 1-year LMW
Made in Malaysia

Why can't QVC UK have these not cheap but i would go for this one.
Shame we don't have 5 easy pavments.
AND THEY HAVE 3 YEAR COVER.
But why does have 4GB Ram if it has the 32bit version of Vista as the 32 BIT Version can't see 4GB.!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I got me a Dell studio 17 its luffly and its purple and its mine all mine "not the kids" "not the hubby" but MINE!!!!

pa1916 whats the price of it.... if its mentioned I'm sry

I got me a Dell studio 17 its luffly and its purple and its mine all mine "not the kids" "not the hubby" but MINE!!!!

pa1916 whats the price of it.... if its mentioned I'm sry

Things start off being 'mine', but somehow they become 'everyone else's' very quickly. Oh for something of my own- particularly a laptop!:31:

:3:lol petpixie ~ they all have pc's, if I dared ask to go on one at the weekend my gawd the rows. So NO IT IS MINE ALL MINE! :3:

not a download in site...... unless its my download!

this is it from the states

Item Number: E07250
Retail Value $1299.00
QVC Price: $1100.00
Introductory Price: $998.00
Shipping & Handling: $27.47
Easy Pay! 5 Installments of $199.60, plus Tax and S & H

notice they even give a retail price

Dell studio 17 inch Laptop QVC USA

But why does have 4GB Ram if it has the 32bit version of Vista as the 32 BIT Version can't see 4GB.!!!!!!!!!

Explain please!! (Me techie challenged).

I dont think my ram is as big as that ~ dread to think what comments are coming next!!! lol

I've bought many Dells over the years and yet to see a good value one on qvc. They always include lots of unwanted extras and charge for them. Not to mention the ridiculous P&P usually. And no I don't want qvc to have someone to come and plug it in for me thanks!

Customise and pay only for what you want direct on the Dell website - you can pay for extended warranty too if you wish. Having said that I bought an off the shelf one last year from pc world because it was a great deal and cheaper than direct from Dell so worth checking too.

Things start off being 'mine', but somehow they become 'everyone else's' very quickly. Oh for something of my own- particularly a laptop!:31:

Same here! However, much technology is bought into the house and however much I decide the latest laptop is mine it always migrates....

I am off Dell's at the moment - although we still have two Dell laptops left in the house. When mine 'died' a couple of weeks ago - it was 13 months old so I rang the Dell technical helpline gave my serial no and was directed to a recorded message which just said as your machine is out of warranty please have your credit card to hand as this call will cost £25!!!! This would be before they even tried to help me.

As the motherboard had completely died the machine is now useless and I have had to get a new one. This is so annoying with it being only 1 month out of warranty.

Rosey I had a run in with Dell over a failed motherboard a couple of years back. I had to fight very hard but finally won a free repair off Dell by using Sale of Goods Act. Remember the manufacturer warranty is not your only consumer protection and never be scared of claiming outside of it. Don't bother phoning and speaking to someone at the call centre with a script, just put it strongly in writing :)

It hasn't put me off buying Dell though funny enough. They offer a good initial purchase price so I balance this against longevity. My computers are worked very hard and this was the only bad one so far.

Regardless of the price many laptops use the same cheap components inside anyhow and simply put their label on it. You will hear more of Dell problems because they sell such a ridiculous number in comparison to the competition as well.

rosey you are still covered by the sale of goods act just because it is out of warranty by a month a laptop should be fit for the purpose for which it was sold 13 months is not good enough lifespan fo a laptop.
seek some advice from your local trading standards/cab.
the very least that dell should do is offer you a free repair and even a free exchange if its irrepairable. boffy.

Many many thanks QVC Addict and Boffy - I am now the proud owner of a 'REPAIRED' Dell computer, repaired FOC by them - and all because of your advice.

I contacted the Trading Standards who instructed me what to do:

I wrote to Dell informing them that as the machine was not fit for purpose (should be expected to last more than 13 months) under section (79??) of the sale of goods act, they should repair/replace it FOC, got some template complaint letters off the net. I also wrote (as instructed by the TS) to the credit card company and enclosed the letter I sent to Dell and said that if Dell did not do anything I would be coming back to them for compensation under section ?? of the credit card agreement. This was advised by the TS as they said they would put more pressure on Dell to put things right as they would not want to pay up.

Last week 3 days after sending the letters (recorded) they rang - arranged for engineer to come today and now it is all fixed.

Result or what. I am soo grateful as my £400 Dell was just going to rot in the corner before going to the tip. I do love being a member of this wonderful community and all the helpful advice and moneysaving tips (and spending tips!!!) that we get from here.

Latest posts

Back