decleor and tanya

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
i was meaning to post this whilst the decleor tsv was on.
tanya started the tsv day with no spots by the end of the 24 hour stint her skin was full of angry spots... this brand clearly (pardon the pun)does not agree with her..
there is anather model who is pregnant now (chrissy) elemis use her as thei:doh:r model where the elemis range clearly gives her acne along the jawline a frequent poroblem for me and many others who have used the pro collagen marine cream.

i was meaning to post this whilst the decleor tsv was on.
tanya started the tsv day with no spots by the end of the 24 hour stint her skin was full of angry spots... this brand clearly (pardon the pun)does not agree with her..
there is anather model who is pregnant now (chrissy) elemis use her as thei:doh:r model where the elemis range clearly gives her acne along the jawline a frequent poroblem for me and many others who have used the pro collagen marine cream.

Boffy, this was spotted, no pun intended, and indeed it stopped a lot of people buying it at the time.

i have often wondered though if the skin of the models must not react after having sat there for sometimes several hours in one day having lots of different lotions and potions applied to their skin. ?:thinking2:

the reason why i posted this was that with tanya it was soooo obvious and poor chrissy says she uses pro collagen and if you skin is a little bit oily it can give you some serious spots....
liz earl and alpha h and others dont seem to have the models faces brewing as we are watching! plus there was a post saying that tanya was allergic to decleor...oh well just me.....

I didn't notice the change in Tanyas skin over the course of the day. However, she has spoken about her love for Decleor for YEARS. As far back as when she modelled with Jo Skinner - they used to talk about going for Decleor facials and buying all the lastest creams. Maybe, like many people, a really good facial brings out spots which are just under her skin?

When Chrissy was the Molton Brown model her skin was very spotty. I actually think her skin has improved greatly since she became the Elemis 'face'.

Spots along the jawline can often be caused by a hormone imbalance.

I know Tanya uses Decleor as she has mentioned that a few times; perhaps that's why she was used. I didn't notice her skin but it can't be good for you having that put on your face all day long. I did think however Julia Roberts was going to spin off into orbit on the last show she was getting so over excited; giving Alison Young a run for her money.

I agree that Chrissy's skin has been awful at times,and certainly seems to have improved lately-whether due to the fact she is getting older or due to elemis,who knows! I do love some of the decleor products (but buy Liz earle as it is more economical) but they are I believe really potent products and I can see how they could bring out a 'brewing' spot! I think Tanyas skin is lovely-she is such an elegant looking model and along with Sharon the only decent models QVC have imo. (although there is a blond girl I have noticed on Gok's last series who looks good in clothes but is a bit 'scowl-y' for makeup and skin care.)

I did notice an angry big spot on Tanyas chin at the end of the evening but then againg i didnt see her through the day so no idea if it had always been there.

Another name to add to the mix is Renee when doing Philosophy shows.

I didn't notice that but then I only saw the show where it sold out (with AY screeching about buy it now, or you'll miss out), then the start of the show where they suddendly decided to do advanced orders (rather cheeky). As otehrs have said, I'm not surprised the models skins react being prodded and poked all day.

Oh yes Nikkid - completely agree on that one. Always amazes me that they say Philosophy gives you make-up optional skin, and there's poor Renee, who is very pretty but doesn't a great complexion by the end of the show. She needs some A'kin ... it's sorted me out!!

Tanya actually had a spot at the TSV launch. Fiona actually commented on it during the 11am show that she had told Tanya to put Balm Essential on it and it had calmed down quite a lot.

It's very silly to keep applying creams and potions to the skin over the course of several hours, the pores will become blocked, and the skin will be completely overloaded with product, and the end result will inevitably be spots. Some of the models QVC use in beauty hours have very bad skin, and I can't help but think that they would benefit from using super-high-quality glycolics, I'd never use anything else. Glycolics and retinols are also the only things which will actually deal with fine lines, in spite of all the flannel about so-called anti-aging products being miracle creams. Glycolics and a great sunscreen, that's all I need.

It's very silly to keep applying creams and potions to the skin over the course of several hours, the pores will become blocked, and the skin will be completely overloaded with product, and the end result will inevitably be spots. Some of the models QVC use in beauty hours have very bad skin, and I can't help but think that they would benefit from using super-high-quality glycolics, I'd never use anything else. Glycolics and retinols are also the only things which will actually deal with fine lines, in spite of all the flannel about so-called anti-aging products being miracle creams. Glycolics and a great sunscreen, that's all I need.

I have to say that it's glycolics that have rescued me from years & years of mild acne and antibiotic treatments. Would not be without them to keep my skin clear and smooth.

I don't think Fiona's skin looks that great to be honest, considering she has availability of all the best products.

I went to the NYNY event - the afternoon slot. Tanya was the Decleor model and was having treatments most of the afternoon. She'd also been the model in the morning. I had a good crafty look just before I left and her skin looked lovely. I thought it might show the signs of being worked on for so long, but it didn't.

I must say I don't understand why QVC uses the same model all day on a TSV. I also don't understand why they use models who always have spots - Renee with Philosophy for example - to advertise face cleansers and washes.

I have to say that it's glycolics that have rescued me from years & years of mild acne and antibiotic treatments. Would not be without them to keep my skin clear and smooth.

alibeth, I was in a bad way, with product-induced cystic acne, and had to take antibiotics for 6 months. However, the only things that proved effective, and immediately, were glycolics, recommended to me by an American dermatologist I contacted for advice. My GP was so impressed that she asked for details of the products and the methods of use, in order to assist other sufferers.

I have very poor tolerance of glycolics (poo because I'd love a bit of renovating) but the mask from REN does improve my skin.

Glycolics are the one and only thing that work for me even though I have very fair sensitive skin.

Elemis and Decleor were spot hell for me. :sad:

Glycolics are the one and only thing that work for me even though I have very fair sensitive skin.

Elemis and Decleor were spot hell for me. :sad:

What do you use Julie & what moisturiser do you then use? (Is a bit afraid of glycolics......actually is very afraid of them......but still curious! lol)

Sorry to be so dumb - can someone explain gly whatsits to me. I have heard the name but no idea what they are or what they are meant to do for your skin!! Guess it highlights one of the benefits of this website -we get to learn and share tips with others as well as picking up bargains.

Glycolic is a small molecule AHA (Alpha Hydroxy acid) usually derived from sugar or fruit. A weak glycolic acid will chemically peel the top layer of skin which is the dead dull stuff revealing soft new cells underneath. You need sunscreen and definitely stick with low concentrations.

Latest posts

Back