Debbie Flint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been watching the 5pm Guillaume show with DF, and it appears that she too is a member of the "small" club. The coat she was modelling was far too tight, hardly any overlap, riding up over her bottom at the back, gaping at the front hem etc. Not a good advert. Why doesn't she leave it to the paid models who have the figures to make the most of these clothes.

Just been watching the 5pm Guillaume show with DF, and it appears that she too is a member of the "small" club. The coat she was modelling was far too tight, hardly any overlap, riding up over her bottom at the back, gaping at the front hem etc. Not a good advert. Why doesn't she leave it to the paid models who have the figures to make the most of these clothes.

You are so right. Last night when I was watching JR with Simon Wilson she was trying so hard to be glamorous. She did look very nice but not wise to try to compete with two lovely young models such as Ali and Renee in her tight purple dress and showing a little too much cleavage! Naughty JR!! A lot of the female presenters like to make it known when plus size models are being used more often than the size 10/12 models such as Joy. I think we all know what size Joy is and should stop reminding us as we are not stupid!!

Or as someone who has not got a model figure at least make the most of yourself by wearing garments that fit like little tubby vampy does :D
:dbt:

I think your comment is a little unfair as we aren't all stick insect models. She just needed to put on the right size and be honest - not a small! I think Kathy Taylor does best on this type of show as she's a 'real' size and is honest about the size unlike Julia and now, it would appear, Debbie!

I watched a show when Debbie had on a size small coat she clearly said how would you feel girls if you were a size 16 and you could fit in a small ?
I've heard her clearly state she is a bigger lady and on her blog she says she wants to loose 35lbs.
I wish her all the very best, it's not easy but I understand she has lost at least half a stone so far on the Diet Chef.
I wish she'd not wear that dress she had on during the Spanx show till she's lost a bit more, though.

:)

I think your comment is a little unfair as we aren't all stick insect models. She just needed to put on the right size and be honest - not a small! I think Kathy Taylor does best on this type of show as she's a 'real' size and is honest about the size unlike Julia and now, it would appear, Debbie!

I hope Kathy can manage to stick with the revised Diet Chef, she's recently started I'm sure she'll see some weight come off.
Though I thought she looked a lot slimmer when she wore a Nina Leonard wrap dress in the morning show.
The other day during a Michele Hope show she changed from a loose long line shirt to a more fitted shorter tailored black blouse and made her look so much slimmer.

:)

One thing about Debs, she never shies away from any weight issue. She has always admitted that she has problems with her weight and does not try to pretend she is smaller than she is.

She is not ashamed of her body and is a very open person with the viewer, sharing her experiences and her problems.

the OP's observation was, I feel, quite false.

One thing about Debs, she never shies away from any weight issue. She has always admitted that she has problems with her weight and does not try to pretend she is smaller than she is.

She is not ashamed of her body and is a very open person with the viewer, sharing her experiences and her problems.

the OP's observation was, I feel, quite false.

I think the OP's observation was spot on!

so do I, i'm fed up with them trying to kid us they're a size small and anyone else who is a larger lady should go for a bigger size. With the exception of pippa, Allison K and JF they are all average or slightly larger They should either not mention their own size at all or admit what they really are. Whatever size they are is non of our business, however when they choose to blatantly mislead us then i think we are entitled to mention it

I dont think debbie is another JR as previously stated she has already mentioned on previous qvc shows she is a good size 16 and is now trying to loose weight by givingthe diet chef ago and openly admits she has a constant battle with her weight, so fgs give her a break

If the presenters wore the correct size and it looked good on them then surely that would increase sales. You don't have to be a size ten to look good but wearing something a size too small is never a good look. Quite often QVC use models who are probably a size ten to show an item that goes up to xxxl, and whilst the item looks good on a size ten I imagine it would look awful on a xxxl. If it was shown on someone larger and still looked good the I'm sure they would sell more.

If the presenters wore the correct size and it looked good on them then surely that would increase sales. You don't have to be a size ten to look good but wearing something a size too small is never a good look. Quite often QVC use models who are probably a size ten to show an item that goes up to xxxl, and whilst the item looks good on a size ten I imagine it would look awful on a xxxl. If it was shown on someone larger and still looked good the I'm sure they would sell more.

I agree!
For example, Sharon and Tanya look fantastic in anything as do most of the models BUT they are models and therefore tend to be in proportion as well as bieng slim. It'when you aren't in proportion that the trouble starts! Sharon even looked good in a pair of Kim and Co multi coloured Byzantine print trousers and they are amazingly awful.
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.144070

Also, sometimes the clothes are way too large for the models (Nina Leanard stuff nearly always drowns them for example) and that serves no purpose at all. The presenters wearing stuff is more of a help really because they are a variety of shapes and sizes and some of the sights you see would help you to FART no problem!!!!

Latest posts

Back