Debbie Flint on Kipling OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wasn't a fan when she returned last year, her hard sell approach was just too much. I've completely changed my mind lately, she seems to have toned down the market stall speil and appears more natural than a lot of the others.She often asks the questions I want answered as opposed to just accepting every claim made by the guest.

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of the more sickly sweet presenters have an equally hard sell approach it's just carefully disguised by lots of giggling and oohing and aahing.

I also thought Debbie looked lovely on the LG show last night

I wasn't a fan when she returned last year, her hard sell approach was just too much. I've completely changed my mind lately, she seems to have toned down the market stall speil and appears more natural than a lot of the others.She often asks the questions I want answered as opposed to just accepting every claim made by the guest.

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of the more sickly sweet presenters have an equally hard sell approach it's just carefully disguised by lots of giggling and oohing and aahing.
I also thought Debbie looked lovely on the LG show last night

You are so right. I have long thought that Catherine Huntley is the worst for hardsell disguised with a softly spoken voice and sickly sweet smile. I go through phases of liking her but then she ruins it because of her continuous repetitions of "this may never be on easypay again," or "this is a hotpick so that means lots of other customers will already have beaten you to it and placed their orders." There are loads of other things she continuously hammers home but because she does it in this nicey-nicey way, I bet many viewers don't notice it. Honestly guys, next time Catherine is on, watch out for this. It's such a shame, because I really think she'd be one of my favourites if it wasn't for this annoying habit of hers.

You are so right. I have long thought that Catherine Huntley is the worst for hardsell disguised with a softly spoken voice and sickly sweet smile. I go through phases of liking her but then she ruins it because of her continuous repetitions of "this may never be on easypay again," or "this is a hotpick so that means lots of other customers will already have beaten you to it and placed their orders." There are loads of other things she continuously hammers home but because she does it in this nicey-nicey way, I bet many viewers don't notice it. Honestly guys, next time Catherine is on, watch out for this. It's such a shame, because I really think she'd be one of my favourites if it wasn't for this annoying habit of hers.

Boycie that's exactly who I was thinking of. I always switch her off for all the reasons you've just given.

I have noticed that with CH. Was watching saturday afternoon when she was doing Hong Kong jewellery fair show. She does the complete opposite of other presenters who can be a bit shouty when something is on easypay or stock is getting low (supposedly). She is almost too nice at times. She needs to watch that she doesn't turn into female version of smarmy.

Definitely like Debbie F. I liked her the first time around, can bit a bit bossy sometimes but she is low on the irritating scale of 1 - 10.

Seriously, Debbie is a very clever lady. She's got loads of A levels and I'm pretty sure I read that she's got a top degree in Egyptology ( you'll have to check on that):bandit:

Well that will come in handy when Q are selling hieroglyphics and sarcophagi. Maybe she could present an Ancient Egyptian theme day, Cleopatras make-up (kohl eyes) and decolette ornaments, bathing milk, NN sheeting doubling up as a robe, antidotes in case of asp bites (always come in handy), Dawnie showing us how to make papyrus, Leighton with henna nail varnish and Ooooojjjjaaaaahhhhhhhnnnnnn introducing their new henna colour and Kennie Pavers showing us how to weave. . . . . . . . . . .

Debbie Flint used to present Egyptian Style Gold Jewellery years ago on QVC.

J xx

1530 B.C. wasn't it?

Customer Services was then based in the Great Pyramid at Giza. They had to move when someone noticed the Sphinx.

I'll get my coat... :grin:

OMG how young were they?! Just found this too! http://www.myspace.com/debbieflint

42 according to that, last updated 2008, so does that mean 44 now? :thinking:

:confused: According to that link, DF studied at the LSE from 1980-83, graduating in 1983. However, if, in 2010, she were 44, then this would have meant that DF went up to university at the tender age of 14.

On another link,
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/debbie-flint/7/b4a/9a6

DF reports that she was at the LSE from 1983-4. Strange; perhaps she left after her first year.

Also surprised that she has 15 GCSEs, given that this exam - which replaced the old GCE O level and CSE - was not taught until the late 1980s. Perhaps she has been studying different GCSEs after leaving the LSE.:confused:

Or perhaps she's just lying about all her qualifications......:bandit:

Latest posts

Back