Cutie Patootie Will Gowing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He gets on my chesticles too, he does the same as Charlie Brook “four thousand and fifty two pence the price” No!!!! It’s “the price is four thousand and fifty two pence.........if it’s taken him 20 years to get a presenters job, he really should take the hint.

He gets on my chesticles too, he does the same as Charlie Brook “four thousand and fifty two pence the price” No!!!! It’s “the price is four thousand and fifty two pence.........if it’s taken him 20 years to get a presenters job, he really should take the hint.
That would irritate the life out of me too Shopps. My parents used to say 'Five & twenty past' & 'Five & twenty to' for 5.25 & 5.35 - why??? I've never known any other person do this & it drove me loopy, in every other respect they were wonderful & I didn't even go through the embarrassed by parents teenage angst 🥰

That would irritate the life out of me too Shopps. My parents used to say 'Five & twenty past' & 'Five & twenty to' for 5.25 & 5.35 - why??? I've never known any other person do this & it drove me loopy, in every other respect they were wonderful & I didn't even go through the embarrassed by parents teenage angst 🥰
I’ve heard people say that!!!!!! “Five and twenty to ten” for 9.35. My parents didn’t but I think it was other relatives or people in the village of their generation. Could it have been a wartime thing for some obscure or totally mad reason, I wonder? I might resurrect it now, 😭😭.

I’ve heard people say that!!!!!! “Five and twenty to ten” for 9.35. My parents didn’t but I think it was other relatives or people in the village of their generation. Could it have been a wartime thing for some obscure or totally mad reason, I wonder? I might resurrect it now, 😭😭.
I have only ever heard it said by Londoners who were in their 50s in the early 1980s, so mostly dead now, and I think it should stay that way. No resurrection please. :)

Latest posts

Back