Cut fingers in US

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Glad they weren't sold here. Where was QC, a lot produced but 140 customers hurt, some needing stitches:-

Christmas Ornaments Sold by QVC Recalled for Causing Cuts

Christmas ornaments sold on home shopping network QVC are being recalled after customers said they cut themselves on the aluminum ornaments and needed stitches.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said the ornaments have decorative cutouts that have sharp metal edges. The CPSC said 140 customers cut their fingers on the ornaments. Four said they needed stitches.

The ornaments, called Cheryl's Jingle Bell ornaments, were sold during QVC TV programs and on the company's website between November and December. They cost $55 for a box of eight ornaments. The ornaments came in red, green, gold and silver colors and were sold with 64 cookies.

About 25,000 box sets were sold. Customers should stop using the ornaments and return them to QVC for a full refund, the CPSC said.
More News

sadly i bought quite a few qvc christmas decs and am disappointed in the quality overall none for 2016

Cut fingers... hmmm, most of us have, at one time or another, suffered burnt fingers with QVC offerings that promised much but were disappointing when delivered!

In the US they seem to be always far more ready to go to lawyers to try and get something back. Over here we are still slightly more inclined to say "that's what you get for being stupid"... whereas the US expects every company to expect rampant stupidity and issue warnings for everything under the sun.

QVC like to think of themselves as being at the "cutting edge," and now they really are! It doesn't say much for the "quality" which is, after all, supposed to be one of their underpinning (I don't like to hyphenate this word) values. Still, as the cliché goes: "Where's blame, there's a claim," and I'm sure with our "Elfin Safety" culture many people would be only to quick to point a bloodied finger at Q, and try to take them to task for touting tat. I wonder how much they'd get, though? An injury sustained from a broken bauble would hardly be life-threatening, would it? (Unless they slipped and severed a main artery). The sensible would reach for the Elastoplast, kick themselves for buying such garbage in the first place and move on with their lives. One only has to see the ghastly Thomas Pacconi sh*t they peddle year after year. I will never forget the nativity scene where Jilly Halliday broke off a poorly-glued sheep. She just started laughing uncontrollably and said: "I'm sure yours will be better than this, and you've got your 30-day money back guarantee."

. . . . which is, after all, supposed to be one of their underpinning (I don't like to hyphenate this word) values . . . .

Why would you hyphenate it? Check your dictionary. "Underpinning" isn't hyphenated any more than "underneath" or "overbearing".

Why would you hyphenate it? Check your dictionary. "Underpinning" isn't hyphenated any more than "underneath" or "overbearing".

I know you're a fan of the dictionary, Scouty. Nothing wrong with that, actually. So much of the NCTJ's literature makes mention of their "under-pinning values." Makes me want to shriek! My well-thumbed Chambers, not to mention my Collins and Oxford indicate that it should NOT be!

Last edited:
Yes litigation is higher in the states than it is over-here and as you say most of us would put it down to 'stupidity' of being 'conned' and purchasing from 'selly telly'. In the states however they are not known for being as forgiving. I am surprised therefore that these items not only made it through to be sold on Q in the first place, but also to have passed the 'rigorous' (according to Q) Quality Assurance panel. Makes you wonder just how strong the QA panel really is.

Yes litigation is higher in the states than it is over-here and as you say most of us would put it down to 'stupidity' of being 'conned' and purchasing from 'selly telly'. In the states however they are not known for being as forgiving. I am surprised therefore that these items not only made it through to be sold on Q in the first place, but also to have passed the 'rigorous' (according to Q) Quality Assurance panel. Makes you wonder just how strong the QA panel really is.

Someone's got to get inside QVC and spill the beans!

Latest posts

Back